Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:48 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
Yeap. Like for example, wouldn't you get tired of eating cereal for breakfast every single day? Wouldn't you sometimes want some eggs, bacon and pancakes?
I don't plan out my conversations like I plan my meals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 10:52 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. I just like to change it up sometimes though. Sometimes I have asked, sometimes I didn't. I just didn't ask it every time we talked. I tend to be unpredictable like that.
So some days you showed interest in your partner and other days you didn't....so you could be unpredictable?

Wonder what they thought of you trying to keep them off bslance.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:56 AM

583 posts, read 713,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't plan out my conversations like I plan my meals.
Well I guess you should understand why I haven't always asked what his plans are.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Well I guess you should understand why I haven't always asked what his plans are.
I can understand not asking what someone's plans are because you simply don't think about asking them. I can't understand not asking someone because you plan on not asking them. This is just such a strange thread...

Old 10-04-2015, 11:38 AM

277 posts, read 271,472 times
Quote:
Do you all think it's cliche to ask your partner what their plans are for the day? How about if you're in a long distance situation? Should you just leave that out so you don't sound like you're trying to have someone account for their day? I mean for all you know, suppose you do ask them what their plans are and they do tell you, but don't even get to do those things they say they planned to do. Do you think it's better to just wait until the day and done to ask them what they DID rather than what they're going to do?
You're sweating it too much. If that's what you want to ask them go ahead. I don't see why anyone will get offended. If they don't want to tell you, they won't, but there's no harm in asking.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:53 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Do you all think it's cliche to ask your partner what their plans are for the day? How about if you're in a long distance situation? Should you just leave that out so you don't sound like you're trying to have someone account for their day? I mean for all you know, suppose you do ask them what their plans are and they do tell you, but don't even get to do those things they say they planned to do. Do you think it's better to just wait until the day and done to ask them what they DID rather than what they're going to do?
If you're not comfortable asking simple questions of your SO, things that are normal chit-chat between couples, then you don't have much of a relationship, and you should ask yourself why you're with that person, and if the relationship is really working for you.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:53 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
I often ask my husband what his plans are. He usually tells me that he might do one thing or the other. When I get home, he'll sometimes tell me what he did or didn't do. Sometimes we don't discuss it at all.

On my days off he'll ask me my plans and I'll ask him if he has something in mind. He'll either say yes or no. Then we proceed accordingly.

Is that cliche? No it's just communicating. We save our energy for special occasions.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:00 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
Yeap. Like for example, wouldn't you get tired of eating cereal for breakfast every single day? Wouldn't you sometimes want some eggs, bacon and pancakes?
I eat cereal everyday on work days and have different food on the weekend when I have more leisure time. Cereal is easy. It lives in a box. Coffee and the Internet are what's important in the morning.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:49 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
True, but aren't there other things to talk about instead of "What are your plans for the day"? to show your interest in someone?
There's not like a limit on how much conversation you can have.
When you live with someone, this is just a natural conversation. Amongst many more interesting throughout the day.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:48 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
I have learned it could be a loaded question.

"have any plans?"
"No."
"Good. We're going to my mothers for dinner."
"NOOOOO!!!!!!"

Honestly you shouldn't plan out a conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships