Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:11 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
You don't have to hit a woman back if she is hitting you. However, I can't think of a woman using her two hands hitting me and it would even hurt. Maybe if she had a pipe but chances are the swing speed would be very slow. If a woman gets mad and becomes violent I would tell her that it's better for me to leave and come back since anger is making the moment awkward. Must say something like that because if you leave without a word you are being Passive aggressive in telling her to F off and she has no say. If she won't let you through, and continues tell her you will call the police and have them moderate. If she goes ballistic cover up and head out....she needs a hammer to cause you harm.... Bare fists won't do anything so get in the defensive position and roll on out.
How much harm a woman can do to a man is somewhat irrelevant. The problem with my situation was not the threat of physical harm. The problem is the amount of selfishness and lack of respect required for a healthy relationship. That was the disease and in most cases this is true. The risk of physical harm regardless of how minimal it may be is just a symptom of that disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Aren't you a U.S. Marine? And one of these internet tough guys was questioning your "manliness?"

Great post. No, abuse is not manly. Being domineering is not manly. I guess you just have to take a lot of things on CD with a grain of salt though, given the nature of the forum.
I am. It is a big part of how and why I was able to maintain my composure when all of this was happening. I suspected then I was being baited into escalating things. This woman, herself a Marine as well, was not stable or rational and likely trying to get me to do something that would get me in trouble with the law and service. Years later I'm still cruising and she has been kicked out. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships