Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 09:49 PM

405 posts, read 324,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, basically, if we aren't married to rich guys or d-bags, then we are ugly?
No, there's obviously attractive women that can overlook things, but due to unlimited amount of options, a lot of them just won't settle for less than what they think their worth. I've heard of attractive women dating guys who were practically millionaires but still didn't stay with them due to them being an a-hole basically. But at the same time do you think those women are going to get with a guy with an average job when she knows she has infinite amount of options to find a guy that has a good job?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:53 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
United States Sex ratio - Demographics

Sex ratio: at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
0-14 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
15-24 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
25-54 years: 1 male(s)/female
55-64 years: 0.97 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.77 male(s)/female
total population: 0.97 male(s)/female (2014 est.)

Definition: This entry includes the number of males for each female in five age groups - at birth, under 15 years, 15-64 years, 65 years and over, and for the total population. Sex ratio at birth has recently emerged as an indicator of certain kinds of sex discrimination in some countries. For instance, high sex ratios at birth in some Asian countries are now attributed to sex-selective abortion and infanticide due to a strong preference for sons. This will affect future marriage patterns and fertility patterns. Eventually, it could cause unrest among young adult males who are unable to find partners.

Source: CIA World Factbook - This page was last updated on June 30, 2015

I see the trolling in this list. I bet you do, too. 25-54? That sounds like what OKCupid did to my empty profile, giving me a default age range of 25-58--even POF isn't that silly, that I know of. I'm 36. That 1:1 just seems so harmonious, but you're only in luck if you are looking at women 40+, as I've referenced before. If you busted tail to get places in life to start a family, that's probably not your target.

Right. Being "yourself" is great, but someone has to like "yourself" and that won't always "just happen", either. Although, is breeding a biological need, per se? I don't believe it is, unless I missed the mass of angry priests, nuns and monks going on shooting rampages over time. Chain smoking and binge drinking aren't either. Some people just need to fulfill that impulse, though. Fair enough. Call ti what it is, though. A want.
Which is why I said sex may be a biological need.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:58 PM

13,641 posts, read 9,698,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I've notice a pattern in your posts in which you suggest that people do whatever they can not to be alone including losing your sense of self.
One's sense of self is fungible. Why prize what we ourselves can rarely fathom? There is indeed a pattern in my posts. Though I am not a Christian, my thoughts on relationships essentially reduce to Ecclesiastes. And as the text itself foretells, what novelty can we append, after some 2300 years? Instead, we've lost more than we've gained.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
No, there's obviously attractive women that can overlook things, but due to unlimited amount of options, a lot of them just won't settle for less than what they think their worth. I've heard of attractive women dating guys who were practically millionaires but still didn't stay with them due to them being an a-hole basically. But at the same time do you think those women are going to get with a guy with an average job when she knows she has infinite amount of options to find a guy that has a good job?
From what I've seen, women value looks far more than money. They can make their own money now so they chase the best looking men.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:11 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, basically, if we aren't married to rich guys or d-bags, then we are ugly?
Whoever said that is an Idiot. And looks are greatly awayed by perception.

I'm a very sheltered and sedentary person. I expect my partner to be the same. If she is an all out yip yap person with lots of energy, things won't bode well. Whoever offers that gets a huge +.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:12 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryIsMine1 View Post
A lot of truth here. Women in their 20s and even 30s now are extremely selective. They all try to find a rich guy and "marry up".

MONEY! If you have ENOUGH money, you can basically have whatever you want.

PHYSICAL LOOKS! If you don't have enough money then you better be tall, fit, handsome, and look like whatever celebrity they flick their beans off to.

• If you have enough money and physical looks, you are golden.
  • If you only have money, you will get gold diggers.
  • If you have just good physical looks you will get random sexual hookups.
  • If you neither, you will have countless lonely nights and get rejected perpetually.
The above is the case with younger women. Eventually, women in their late 30s and above with fading physical looks and drying eggs will eventually settle. They might settle with a "nice guy" that doesn't have much to offer in terms of looks and money.

In the mean time, you might get lucky and find a female that is equally unattractive, undesirable, and desperate?
Is this a sarcastic post? It's hard to tell.

How could women in their 20's be angling to "marry up" if they're in college, and dating other college guys, and they're all broke and in debt together? What if they're dating their fellow grad students? Your generalizations don't apply to real life, OP. There's lots of variation in every age group. And what about all the women who marry their peers in law school, med school, or other professional programs? Women "marrying up" went out pretty much at the end of the 60's as a mass phenomenon. In fact, now the growing trend is for men to marry up--construction workers and "contractors" (handymen with a contractor's license) to marry women in banking, law, engineering, real estate, etc.

You're about 50 yrs. behind the times with your cliches. Spend some time getting a reality check and then get back to us.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:16 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

How could women in their 20's be angling to "marry up" if they're in college, and dating other college guys, and they're all broke and in debt together? What if they're dating their fellow grad students? Your generalizations don't apply to real life, OP. There's lots of variation in every age group. And what about all the women who marry their peers in law school, med school, or other professional programs? Women "marrying up" went out pretty much at the end of the 60's as a mass phenomenon. In fact, now the growing trend is for men to marry up--construction workers and "contractors" (handymen with a contractor's license) to marry women in banking, law, engineering, real estate, etc.

You're about 50 yrs. behind the times with your cliches. Spend some time getting a reality check and then get back to us.
Well, those smart and women get cheated on, abused, and beaten to death. Guess what, those roughhousing men are stupid and don't deserve an ounce of respect from me.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:16 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Women tend to match up with men based on looks and height.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:22 PM

491 posts, read 402,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Women tend to match up with men based on looks and height.

Here we go. How many active threads can we turn into a "women are interested in 1. looks 2. height " thread?

Anybody wanna come along and throw in money, just for grins?

Oh, the humanity!

Old 10-06-2015, 10:22 PM

405 posts, read 324,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Whoever said that is an Idiot. And looks are greatly awayed by perception.

I'm a very sheltered and sedentary person. I expect my partner to be the same. If she is an all out yip yap person with lots of energy, things won't bode well. Whoever offers that gets a huge +.
Yeah, calling me an idiot for stating that some men need to lower their standards if their actively looking & still can't find anyone. How am I an idiot for stating that? Not every guy can get an attractive woman, it's not realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships