Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:41 PM

94 posts, read 78,319 times

Advertisements

What a nice woman has to offer a man:
- coffee
- sex once a week or so
- if the man is broke she can buy Chinese

What a man can offer a nice woman:
- money-saving tips
- sex about as often as the woman wants
- emotional support when she has difficult days at work

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 11:26 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
... I visit more than one website that covers people all over the world. ... Time after time I read women saying what they want in a man. ... ( many wants and desires ) ... But I don't read anything that a woman says that she has to give to a man ... That may be why they don't have a man ... they don't think or consider it. ... They sound like they only care about their wants. ...
What do women really have to give a man. ... Maybe even your thoughts ... Keep it clean.

Are you referring to dating sites where you are suppose to list what you are looking for in a potential LTR?
Is there also a section for users to list what they have to offer in a LTR?

I believe generally what we want in a partner is no more than what we are willing and able to give.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:28 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Love (and the ways it is demonstrated/communicated)
Intellectual stimulation
Companionship and partnership
Emotional support and intimacy
Friendship
Sex
Practical help in daily life (chores, money, cooking, etc)

Isnt this basic?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:18 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Sure, and some can. But fewer and fewer of them, it appears, especially among the singles and the young. What the heck happened? Women are more stressed by work, but other than that, well, narcissism and feminism, I guess. It's too bad there probably aren't statistics to prove declines in most of those categories, though most people would agree that women were better at cooking decades ago (which isn't a big deal to me personally). To add insult to injury, the average young woman might be less attractive than, for example, the typical 1950's young woman. Oh well, at least a female reader who has things to offer now can improve her dating profile.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:17 AM

84 posts, read 70,743 times
What I have to give to my man is simple: acceptance. I accept his flaws, nerdy tendencies, insecurities, and ideas. No matterm how odd or aloof he can be, I show my understanding and give him the boost he might need for the day.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Sure, and some can. But fewer and fewer of them, it appears, especially among the singles and the young. What the heck happened? Women are more stressed by work, but other than that, well, narcissism and feminism, I guess. It's too bad there probably aren't statistics to prove declines in most of those categories, though most people would agree that women were better at cooking decades ago (which isn't a big deal to me personally). To add insult to injury, the average young woman might be less attractive than, for example, the typical 1950's young woman. Oh well, at least a female reader who has things to offer now can improve her dating profile.

I think people are FAR better at cooking today than decades ago. Look at all the cooking shows and the gigantic foodie culture. People are always baking, making noodles from scratch, making mead, experimenting with slow cooker recipes, making out of this world gourmet dishes. Several decades ago most people knew how to bake a chicken and make some meatballs, etc. Basic dishes, and that's about it. Last week it was like, hey, want to come over for tapas night?

Old 10-21-2015, 10:51 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I think people are FAR better at cooking today than decades ago. Look at all the cooking shows and the gigantic foodie culture. People are always baking, making noodles from scratch, making mead, experimenting with slow cooker recipes, making out of this world gourmet dishes. Several decades ago most people knew how to bake a chicken and make some meatballs, etc. Basic dishes, and that's about it. Last week it was like, hey, want to come over for tapas night?
I'd argue that both ends of the spectrum are more extreme than before. The people that cook are better at it now for the reasons you listed. The people that don't cook are WORSE now for convenience reasons, it's easier than ever to order, purchase pre-made, get fast food, etc.

Put another way: decades ago, ANYBODY could bake a chicken and make some meatballs. Now, there are many who make more complicated things, and people that can't make ANYTHING.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:59 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'd argue that both ends of the spectrum are more extreme than before. The people that cook are better at it now for the reasons you listed. The people that don't cook are WORSE now for convenience reasons, it's easier than ever to order, purchase pre-made, get fast food, etc.

Put another way: decades ago, ANYBODY could bake a chicken and make some meatballs. Now, there are many who make more complicated things, and people that can't make ANYTHING.
That all changed in the '50s though. Try looking through a cookbook from that time period. Lots of ham loaf, weird jello molds, and other really gross concoctions.

I think most people over the age of 25 can cook basic things.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the thread, though.

What do I have to give a man? Support and kindness.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:27 PM

24 posts, read 28,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Regular sex
More consistent companionship than a guy's regular male friends. Also, a different sort of companionship
[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
[...]
Emotional support and intimacy
[...]
I agree with the above. I've had several relationships with men where I felt that I, as the female partner, offered them a more intimate emotional connection than they otherwise had in their lives.

My experience is that a man can let down his guard and feel vulnerable with his female partner but perhaps with few other people, while she may have a wider circle of loved ones (for example, I have my mother, female cousins, and female friends) with whom she shares her deepest thoughts and feelings.

I suspect (but don't know if this is true) that men are more likely than women to have fewer close friends with whom they share their insecurities and inner selves; therefore, a female partner may be more likely to be a larger part of a man's social life.

I definitely don't offer much cooking ability or interest! No one has ever been with me for the food.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:29 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunpaws View Post
I agree with the above. I've had several relationships with men where I felt that I, as the female partner, offered them a more intimate emotional connection than they otherwise had in their lives.

My experience is that a man can let down his guard and feel vulnerable with his female partner but perhaps with few other people, while she may have a wider circle of loved ones (for example, I have my mother, female cousins, and female friends) with whom she shares her deepest thoughts and feelings.

I suspect (but don't know if this is true) that men are more likely than women to have fewer close friends with whom they share their insecurities and inner selves; therefore, a female partner may be more likely to be a larger part of a man's social life.
Yes, exactly... I think that's why when there is a divorce, it's much harder on the man....... men are like tigers in the sense that they have less males in their lives... I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships