Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:53 PM

84 posts, read 123,860 times

Advertisements

Depends on context and level of force. If I am actually assaulted (especially unprovoked), man or woman, you're getting laid out. In the context of breaking up a fight,dealing with someone I care for (sister, girlfriend etc,) or if she its something stupid like a light slap, I'm going to use the minimum action needed to resolving that situation.

"Men can't hit women" is ridiculous. Obviously nobody should assault anybody. If a guy hits a woman out of anger or whatever reason, then obviously he is a scumbag. But the notion that I am not to defend myself is absurd. In my opinion women are equal, they are adults, they understand the consequences of striking or assaulting someone. While naturally I am going to be rougher against a man, at the end of the day I am not going to allow myself to be injured.

In my opinion, when it comes to domestic violence its pretty straight forward. Guy hits woman=go to jail. Woman hits guy=go to jail. They both equally beat each other=either both or neither go to jail. Thats how I see the world anyway. Of course it doesn't always play out that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 10:03 PM

565 posts, read 432,845 times
Men are roughly half of all victims of domestic violence. Highest rate of domestic violence is observed amongst lesbian couples. Unfortunately, some men will never hit back, which empowers women to be physically abusive towards them. Gender equality, isnt only when it benefits you. Anyone laying a hand on another, better be prepared to get knocked the f out. Thats the risk you take. Go to youtube and look up when men fight back. It aint pretty, but its quickly becoming the norm.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:57 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
What is your take on a man hitting a woman? Are there exceptions to the rule, such as if a woman hits a man that he has a right to hit her back? Or will that still make him less of a man regardless?
Self defense should be okay.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:38 AM

404 posts, read 366,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
A man who hits a woman is a coward, no doubt. Does not matter if she hit him first; he's a coward. If a woman is attacking a man, he of course has the right to physically restrain her from hurting him, but if he goes on the offensive and hits her, he's an absolute coward. This is a pretty easy question from where I sit.
Umm no. Nobody has tbe right to stand there and get beat. Just because someone s a different gender does not give tbem tbe right to beat on people.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:45 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,661,178 times
This has been done on numerous threads. I would never hit a woman. I would leave the situation if I was being attacked.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:59 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
This has been done on numerous threads. I would never hit a woman. I would leave the situation if I was being attacked.
What if your life was in danger or threatened, and you couldn't just leave the situation?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:02 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
What if your life was in danger or threatened, and you couldn't just leave the situation?
Do what a billion other men have done in the past and talk your way out of it

Incidentally if you don't mind asking how would you react if your life was in danger then?

Old 11-01-2015, 01:04 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,661,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
What if the world ends? There is always what ifs. If you want to justify hitting a woman, thats on you, but you wont get me to agree. I guess being raised by my grandmother gave me a different perspective.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:08 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
What if the world ends? There is always what ifs. If you want to justify hitting a woman, thats on you, but you wont get me to agree. I guess being raised by my grandmother gave me a different perspective.
So, you'd just let the woman potentially kill you instead of fighting back? Okay...I guess you don't value your life enough and believe in some double standard moral.

I don't disagree with you, but if my life was in "danger" or "threatened", and I couldn't leave the situation, you can bet I would get physical (don't care if it was a man or woman).

I was raised by my Parents and Grandmother, and they both taught me exactly that.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:24 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
There's an episode of Louie (is it sad that most of my relationship references have to do with that show?) where some gross white trash crack ***** beats the crap out of Louie. He couldn't bring himself to hit her back so he got his azz kicked.

Honestly, I'm never going to be in a situation where I decide to beat up a guy, and will never again put myself in a situation where a guy hits me, so anything is hypothetical. I don't think it's right for anyone to hit anyone. Still, it's hard to deny that society will flip out on a guy who hits a woman, even if she's hitting him first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships