Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 04:42 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastie View Post
Perhaps "much better" is too strong a qualifier for everyone... As I understand, the question was more about matches... finding people with similar interests, mindsets, people we enjoy interacting with, someone we connect with, a person with whom we "click" and not necessarily about how many dates one tallies up.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other... maybe.
Yep. Six of one..half dozen of...the other
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 01:12 PM

780 posts, read 678,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
My points:

1. A forum user has posts which you can browse and see how he/she converses and responds to other users

2. You can gauge their interests and hobbies from their posts (a little detective work of course)

3. Online dating sites seem contrived. As many women complain about lying, faking, etc. Generally speaking, a forum user posts according to their beliefs (with exception of trolls of course)
Anyone can basically lie to get dates. Married men, single moms, etc.

4. You can actually find a forum which interests you and then you obviously have something in common
I met my ex online. I thought he was gay, based on his posts. Well, everyone thought he was.

This is actually a good idea, I think.

I met my ex from the forum and I do know a lot of couples who "met" from there, got married, and started a family. I've made great friends from that forum. Though, it was a pretty small community and it so happened, majority of the posters were from the same city.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
My points:

1. A forum user has posts which you can browse and see how he/she converses and responds to other users

2. You can gauge their interests and hobbies from their posts (a little detective work of course)

3. Online dating sites seem contrived. As many women complain about lying, faking, etc. Generally speaking, a forum user posts according to their beliefs (with exception of trolls of course)
Anyone can basically lie to get dates. Married men, single moms, etc.

4. You can actually find a forum which interests you and then you obviously have something in common
Agreed I dont use dating sites but I could very easily have a drink or 2 with a few of the members I've met on here BUT it's the location that's the killer

Old 10-08-2015, 03:55 PM

507 posts, read 443,026 times
Yes, forums are better places to meet matches.

Just not this one.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
Yes, forums are better places to meet matches.

Just not this one.
Hahaha!

Oh that's just not true. Some posters are very nice sweet people.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:24 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
You don't know if a random person on a forum is actually single and looking. Half the time you don't even know their gender.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
You don't know if a random person on a forum is actually single and looking. Half the time you don't even know their gender.
Granted but it certainly adds to the mystery

Old 10-08-2015, 05:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I'm a man.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:29 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
But what happens when we meet and I don't have an intelligent English accent like I assume you had assumed I have? What then?

Not to mention when I write out my middle name "Danger" and you finally learn, in person, that it's actually pronounced "Donger" and I work for the post office?

Old 10-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
But what happens when we meet and I don't have an intelligent English accent like I assume you had assumed I have? What then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships