Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 09:52 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
1. All women need to do to get a date is walk outside
2. The only men who get dates/relationships are rich or hot
3. If a women doesn't accept your advances she thinks you are a creep
4. Chivalry is for suckers
5. Men no longer want relationships because casual sex is easy to get
6. There is no other benefit to having a relationship is access to sex
7. There is one universal definition of attractive

What have you learned in this forum?
Hi OP,

I find it all quite amusing to be sure, you have cats that come on here crying about this or crying that they're about to melt, I don't get it? I've been happily married for 35 years and going strong but make no mistake about it, god forbid something should happen in our relationship we won't fall apart, I'm grateful for the time we have together.

The guys here have to toughen up their attitude, skin, and emotions.

too much drama and not enough balls.

I keeping telling the younger guys, hang out at restaurants that have bars, everyone celebrates at these fine establishments, wear dark jeans, a knit or turtle neck, a pair of boots and a sports jacket, these younger guys will get to a point where not even looking and bam!!

SURPRISE, you'll meet a nice lady with a beautiful smile, hard working, intelligent, independent, fun and single.

There, I spelled out for you dudes, let the fun begin and stop the crying, women don't dig it nor need it, Nut up..

Be cool, be quite, be a good listener, be fun, be confident, and you are on your way.

Oh, Chivalry ? is how real men act. Lessons learned.

Thank you

Knight

Old 10-09-2015, 10:03 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Awww, come on, 49er! Some days you like me, some days you hate me! Not sure why - I'm always just me! And you know I don't try to kick you while you're down - I just try to remind you that all women aren't evil. And some days you agree with me and some days you don't!
Now don't think all this "sweet talking" is gonna help.

Not ONCE did I ever insult women by grouping all of them as the same in terms of actions.

Yet you still group all "younger men" as immature jerks ? Is that what I have to lower my levels to ? Ya better listen up, that's NEVER going to happen.

Look, I know what I'm doing in this world. I have responsible people who are there to guide me when I'm in moments of trouble. Have I EVER moaned about being Single ? Have I EVER moaned about not getting a Girlfriend ?

I came to America with a single goal in mind, and that is to end up managing defense projects of crucial importance to worldwide safety. FYI I'm halfway there. I have been interested in working with missiles and airborne defense equipment's since the age of 14, but my home country did not possess the sophisticated and awesome technology the US military has, so I had no opportunity to study them. Hence the reason I moved here.

I fight for my peers, who are sacrificing companionship to be successful individuals. Trust me, its a very difficult task, ESPECIALLY if your own parents are abusers. I'm fortunate to have a supportive family, but not everyone has been through that.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-09-2015 at 10:25 AM..

Old 10-09-2015, 10:30 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Well I've learned that many posters here have a holier than thou attitude. I've also learned that a lot of older people are very unforgiving towards young men in general for not upholding traditional gender roles and belittle them for not being manly by there standards. In general not just from this sub forum but the C-D forum in general that millennial men are the bane of society. I've also learned that some posters will interject their political leanings (in particular their disdain of liberals) into every single thread they post in. Even if the thread is about knitting a sweater they will work a political angle into it.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:47 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Speaking as a male:

I've learned that not all females are the same in their thinking, values, outlooks, behavioral practices, proclivities, life experiences, wants and desires, et al and not all males are the same in these ways either. But then, truthfuly, I didn't really learn this on the C-D Relationships forum but rather already learned this through the course of living, learning, and reflecting on life. This forum, amongst other C-D forums and then taking in the web at-large, just confirms the truth of it.

In summary: I've (hopefully) learned in life to not make broad-based generalizations about the genders (re: "all women are this, all men are that", et al). In the end, all I can know with certitude is to know who I am and what I am, what I stand for, what I value, and how I am inclined to carry myself and portray myself and that is how I present myself to the female half of humanity. Whether any particular women take to me or not is their choice (just as I exercise choice in life as well). I just live my life being who and what I am and try to make the best of it. Sometimes in life, women have traveled alongside me and shared life with me and sometimes they haven't. I still keep on keeping on. I try to be the best person I can be (in my own estimation . . . though taknig in the useful insights of others as deemed fit) and otherwise accept my efforts and also my limitations. I don't try to be something that I'm not in order to pander to the female half of humanity (nor to the male half of humanity, for that matter). I am not inclined (hopefully) to putting on false fronts. With me, what you see and hear is what you get. Hopefully, what you see and hear regarding me is redeeming (or enough so).
All of this.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:49 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
*claps hands*

Oh, this will be fun. I've got something to please everybody.

Here are the things I have learned from this forum:

1) There is probably at least one future serial killer who posts here.

2) Anyone who uses the terms "Alpha Male" and "Beta Male" without referring to social structures of wildlife has a 99.999% chance of being an insufferable bag of douches.

3) A lot of guys have let their insecurities to consume them to the point where they have become emotionally insecure wrecks who have started to become the source of their own suffering.

4) Women have no idea how to approach men.

5) There are a lot of middle-aged harpies out there who enjoy belittling emotionally fragile men to make up for the fact that their paltry looks have faded.

6) Said middle-aged harpies will often mock said emotionally fragile men over their insecurities and lack of success with women when they clumsily ask for advice and wonder why they have women issues. It's like watching them become a surrogate emotionally abusive mother.

7) For the above reasons ABSOLUTELY NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT F--KING MIND should judge the opposite sex by some of the people on this forum.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:55 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Now don't think all this "sweet talking" is gonna help.

Not ONCE did I ever insult women by grouping all of them as the same in terms of actions.

Yet you still group all "younger men" as immature jerks ? Is that what I have to lower my levels to ? Ya better listen up, that's NEVER going to happen.

Look, I know what I'm doing in this world. I have responsible people who are there to guide me when I'm in moments of trouble. Have I EVER moaned about being Single ? Have I EVER moaned about not getting a Girlfriend ?

I came to America with a single goal in mind, and that is to end up managing defense projects of crucial importance to worldwide safety. FYI I'm halfway there. I have been interested in working with missiles and airborne defense equipment's since the age of 14, but my home country did not possess the sophisticated and awesome technology the US military has, so I had no opportunity to study them. Hence the reason I moved here.

I fight for my peers, who are sacrificing companionship to be successful individuals. Trust me, its a very difficult task, ESPECIALLY if your own parents are abusers. I'm fortunate to have a supportive family, but not everyone has been through that.
1. I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't think of young men as immature jerks and can't recall ever saying anything to that effect.
2. You're starting to sound a bit scary.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:57 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
One thing I've learned from CD is that I've rarely heard or seen as much drama in real life as I've seen here.

If you take just about every subject here in this forum there may be hints of truths in some of these subjects we talk about. The problem is is that the hints of truths get exaggerated, twisted, and morphed into things that make me do this

This place is basically a caricature of real life.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:08 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Awww, come on, 49er! Some days you like me, some days you hate me! Not sure why - I'm always just me! And you know I don't try to kick you while you're down - I just try to remind you that all women aren't evil. And some days you agree with me and some days you don't!
You're two faced! Don't try sweet talking me lady. All the times you have called younger guys immature and jerks? I have good reason to not like you.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:12 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You're two faced! Don't try sweet talking me lady. All the times you have called younger guys immature and jerks? I have good reason to not like you.
Can you show me where I called young men immature jerks? Since I don't feel that way it's hard for me to believe that both you and Adi seem to think that this is something I have said often. I'm not two faced. Quite honestly, it seems to me that you respect me when you have a girlfriend and then hate me when you don't. I'm not blaming you for that - most of us are happier when we are in a relationship. And I know that you have been hurt many times by women. But it's important to realize that I'm not those women.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:17 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
*claps hands*

Oh, this will be fun. I've got something to please everybody.

Here are the things I have learned from this forum:

1) There is probably at least one future serial killer who posts here.

2) Anyone who uses the terms "Alpha Male" and "Beta Male" without referring to social structures of wildlife has a 99.999% chance of being an insufferable bag of douches.

3) A lot of guys have let their insecurities to consume them to the point where they have become emotionally insecure wrecks who have started to become the source of their own suffering.

4) Women have no idea how to approach men.

5) There are a lot of middle-aged harpies out there who enjoy belittling emotionally fragile men to make up for the fact that their paltry looks have faded.

6) Said middle-aged harpies will often mock said emotionally fragile men over their insecurities and lack of success with women when they clumsily ask for advice and wonder why they have women issues. It's like watching them become a surrogate emotionally abusive mother.

7) For the above reasons ABSOLUTELY NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT F--KING MIND should judge the opposite sex by some of the people on this forum.
Frank you have won this thread although I would change middle-aged harpies to many of the older posters in general.

I'd like to add to this that I've learned is that some people despise online dating to the point where they are condescending to anyone who uses it. Despite the fact that there are posters here who have clearly stated that they have had success with it.

I've also learned that far too many people here look at past times with rose-colored glasses not just in this forum but C-D in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships