Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:26 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I am not going to lie- some people don't like experiments. If we have been together for 10 years and you start experimenting without my consent, you will be saddened by the fact that I will go out and get chipotle and eat it right in front of you.

I am luck because I communicate from the go. We know what we like and don't. We don't experiment or else feelings get hurt.
LOL-- when I experiment, I just tell him "don't worry you'll like it". If it were up to him, we'd be eating meatloaf every night. I do make a good meatloaf, but change is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 12:29 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I am not going to lie- some people don't like experiments. If we have been together for 10 years and you start experimenting without my consent, you will be saddened by the fact that I will go out and get chipotle and eat it right in front of you.

I am luck because I communicate from the go. We know what we like and don't. We don't experiment or else feelings get hurt.

It would happen often because at my age I do not ask permission to do anything.

As fas as the fast food crap you go get, so what, I don't eat fast food and you can count on eating fast food from that moment on unless you cook for yourself.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:31 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
He isn't critiquing your effort, he is wondering if a slice of pie is all their is going to be to eat tonight.
This. I thought the same thing to myself when my eyes skipped to the bottom. I don't think he meant anything harmful by it.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:35 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
LOL-- when I experiment, I just tell him "don't worry you'll like it". If it were up to him, we'd be eating meatloaf every night. I do make a good meatloaf, but change is good.
Oh, you are good. I don't mind experiments but with the foods I like. I dated a person for 5 years and she, despite she knowing exactly the foods I did and didn't like, would always change up and add something. It drove me crazy. But I finally figured her out. We barely argued. But some people get a kick out of pushing your buttons. So when she wanted attention, she put in onions and acted like she forgot...

Old 10-08-2015, 12:38 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It would happen often because at my age I do not ask permission to do anything.

As fas as the fast food crap you go get, so what, I don't eat fast food and you can count on eating fast food from that moment on unless you cook for yourself.
But if you know exactly what I eat and you deliberately cook things fully knowing I don't like them, then who is fooling who? Next time I will paint the bathroom orange- without your permission...

Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
But if you know exactly what I eat and you deliberately cook things fully knowing I don't like them, then who is fooling who? Next time I will paint the bathroom orange- without your permission...
That's a good approach!!

Old 10-08-2015, 12:39 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Oh, you are good. I don't mind experiments but with the foods I like.
But, as we say to small children, how do you know you'll like something unless you try it?

As for general eating habits, that's something that comes up a lot. I know many women would be happy having cheese and crackers or a bowl of cereal for dinner, but their husbands/boyfriends expect some huge, elaborate, meat-based meal.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:40 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Today, I'm making a new recipe. It is one of the most popular recipes from a restaurant my husband and I recently visited.
It is a Tomato Pie with a cheese topping.

This morning,
I diced 4 cups of tomatoes and roasted them in the oven.
I also spent 2 hours caramelizing onions.
I went to the store to get more tomatoes and some expensive cheese.
In a little while I will,
Dice 3 more cups of tomatoes and drain them.
Make the dough and bake a pie crust.
Later, I will assemble the pie, and make the topping, and bake it.

So, I told DH I was making a tomato pie for dinner, and he says, "Is that all we're having?"
Wow. I just get frozen pie shells, slice some tomatoes from the garden, a few green onions, maybe basil, mayo, salt, pepper and shredded cheddar cheese, through it together and Bam. done.

Quote:

Just for the record, Tomato Pie is a southern main dish. (So I hear, but I'm a Yankee).
Not really, maybe for a light lunch.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:40 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But, as we say to small children, how do you know you'll like something unless you try it?
I've never been in a car wreck, but don't need to try it to see if I might like it.
Same with weird foods.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:44 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Ha ha. He gets plenty of man food. He is really a good sport about whatever experimental foods I subject him too. I thought it was funny how clueless men are sometimes.

Just for the record, Tomato Pie is a southern main dish. (So I hear, but I'm a Yankee).
I've lived in the south all my life, born & raised, and I've never heard of it.

Wait, 2 hours to caramelize onions? Were you using a cigarette lighter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships