Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:00 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,968,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But, as we say to small children, how do you know you'll like something unless you try it?
I appreciate your thought but I am the master at this in terms of my experiences til this day.
All men in my family is this way (on both sides) I suppose its a cultural thing.

I know where it comes from- your need to impress and do good for your man. But you fail to realize that many men are thinking all day of that same meal you cooked. We don't give a what about the new. We want that same feeling of satisfaction.

So to a woman, it hurts and I understand it. But for men, we want simple. We want consistency and routine. But woman can't get it and they try so hard to fight it.

It's such a wonderful thing cause then we have make-up sex!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,968,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But, as we say to small children, how do you know you'll like something unless you try it?
But then you reach an age of being a well seasoned cook-man or woman- not only technically but emotionally in terms of relating to people. Not experimenting but touching their taste buds.

My uncle is the same when he cooks for the family but when I go home, both my step mother and mother know exactly what I like.

My stepmother prepares my traditional jamaican meal to the T for sunday brunch when I visit her.
When I am at my mother's she cooks my traditional haitian baked pasta, red beans w/rice, and baked chicken.

Before I go home, they both promise to make "my meal". There is no experimenting. So that is the point I am making. Some people get it and some don't.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I appreciate your thought but I am the master at this in terms of my experiences til this day.
All men in my family is this way (on both sides) I suppose its a cultural thing.

I know where it comes from- your need to impress and do good for your man. But you fail to realize that many men are thinking all day of that same meal you cooked. We don't give a what about the new. We want that same feeling of satisfaction.

So to a woman, it hurts and I understand it. But for men, we want simple. We want consistency and routine. But woman can't get it and they try so hard to fight it.

And there it is!
This is why women lose interest in sex with you guys.
Not that we don't like and want sex, we just get tired of consistency and routine, same ol' same ol.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I am glad I live with a chef. He eats (and cooks) just about everything.
What a dream!!!!

Old 10-08-2015, 01:08 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And there it is!
This is why women lose interest in sex with you guys.
Not that we don't like and want sex, we just get tired of consistency and routine, same ol' same ol.
You're free to contribute to the circus act.

The spectacle is only as good as the team who performs it.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:08 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I've lived in the south all my life, born & raised, and I've never heard of it.

Wait, 2 hours to caramelize onions? Were you using a cigarette lighter?
I takes about an hour to caramelize onions when I make normally them, but the chef's recipe does them very low and slow, so I did them that way. I see no difference, except I didn't need to watch them as carefully while they cooked.
We had tomato pie in Bluffton SC, and this restaurant in in NC. Probably most popular in the farming areas.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:09 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You're free to contribute to the circus act.

The spectacle is only as good as the team who performs it.
Thank you. I was waiting for your permission.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:09 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
Quote:

Very true. I learned years ago to only introduce "experiments" as a non-threatening side dish, that way he's still got his usual man food to fall back on and is more likely to be a good sport. He grew up eating the same damn meals with little to no variety, so it's to be expected.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:12 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
Quote:
But if you know exactly what I eat and you deliberately cook things fully knowing I don't like them, then who is fooling who? Next time I will paint the bathroom orange- without your permission...
Orange is my favorite color, so I'd welcome such an experiment

Old 10-08-2015, 01:15 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Very true. I learned years ago to only introduce "experiments" as a non-threatening side dish, that way he's still got his usual man food to fall back on and is more likely to be a good sport.
Something like consistency is great for weeks or lifestyles where you just don't have time.

You want to come home, you want to eat and you want to get on with life. You get a enough disturbances through out you day that by the time you get to unwind you just want to enjoy yourself and not have worry anymore.

Consistency becomes valuable becuase consistency means reliability.

Their is nothing wrong with wanting to experiment, but if your spouse values consistency it's probably not "just" about the food and you should take that in to consideration.

Small introductions to new things are the best way to acclimate someone to things out of the norm, youre giving them the best of both worlds and not just forcing an abrupt change on to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships