Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 01:14 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times

Advertisements

typical date for generation Z:
less talk, less eye contact, more face buried in phone

Attached Thumbnails
People who are addicted to their PHONES while on a date? Would you find this annoying?-vvvv.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 01:15 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
I agree that it isn't good.......but as someone who is still with a Razr, who utilizes "phone off" a lot of the time, I'm wondering if the opposite side of the coin is counter to relationships in this modern world.

As I say, "Submarine Games"
i dont use bluetooth hands free in car

Finally, my first fav video on this subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lexeFtDREPg
(and the second is "I forgot my phone")

Old 10-11-2015, 01:31 PM

419 posts, read 1,238,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post

What difference does it make? If they are happy together and feel comfortable sitting there together that is really all that matters. I personally pay attention to people, but I couldn't care less if they give me their undivided attention.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:22 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
My sister did this to me when we went out to dinner a few weeks ago. The food, drinks and atmosphere were nice, but I could hardly get her to converse. Her lack of interest in talking at all definitely felt rude. It sent the message that her phone was more interesting, and it made me wonder why she wanted to hang out at all. She said she had a great time, so I kind of felt like she just wanted company while she ate food she wanted to try and enjoyed the atmosphere of being "out".

What is ironic is she has always been the more outgoing, talkative one. Growing up, I was shy and hard to get to open up in conversation. I don't know if she has taken that for granted and assumed I will not talk much, so she might as well be on her phone? I know she needs constant stimulation and distraction from her own mind....but I also have grown up and can make pretty good dinner conversation now, especially with close family and friends.

If someone did this to me on a date, then there would not be a second one, no.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Then don't date generation Z. You're starting to come off as a whiner.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:47 PM

41 posts, read 14,866 times
Obviously, it is annoying. When you are meeting someone on a special day, it is a priority to have a conversion with the person. Phone/social media addiction can spoil it. We easily get attracted to the virtual world and addicted to the freedom we get.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:15 PM

6,867 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Well....say excuse me; get up and leave. Then you can send her a text saying you don't want to get between her and her phone, that you can see it's a pretty hot and heavy relationship.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:15 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times
Yep if you answer a phone call that was not proceeded by a text that had something to do with someone bleeding to death or a loved one in initiate need of one of your kidneys then you are being rude and disrespectful of my time.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:02 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkemma1987 View Post
Obviously, it is annoying. When you are meeting someone on a special day, it is a priority to have a conversion with the person. Phone/social media addiction can spoil it. We easily get attracted to the virtual world and addicted to the freedom we get.
You dug up a 3-year-old thread to talk about conversions? Are you planning on proselytizing?

Old 10-25-2018, 03:45 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTX3939 View Post
Some of the girls I been on a date with lately have this addiction to their phone.
Always on Instagram , Facebook, checking work emails what ever the reason is.
These people don't learn to put the phone away.
The last date I was with had this attitude and was blunt to tell her to put her phone away because she was not listening to my stories while she wanted to get to know me.
It was rude and annoying.

Personally people who are always on their phones should stay home.
Only time I check my phone is for REAL emergency calls, or urgent research but I put it away 99 percent of the time.
Whats your opinion on this?
Would you find it annoying that someones always on their phone while on a date?
You’re pretty nice. While I’m not dating (wife would frown on that) i know if I was in such situation I would of gotten up and walked out. If the phone or whatever else is happen8ng is more important than the date, I’ll let you and your phone finish the date alone.
Now for a real emergency say your kid broke a arm, mom had a stroke etc that’s understandable. But if you’re on Facebook well....stay on Facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships