Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 11:19 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I think what she is saying is her cat will always take priority over any guy.
Well, I'm definitely not going to throw my cat aside for any guy. When I adopted her, I made a commitment to take care of her for the rest of her life, so I intend to do that. But if I met someone great and he was willing to make me a priority, I'd definitely make him a priority as well. But my cat is a part of my life, so he'd have to accept her too. She's easy to love so I don't really think it should be that hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 11:19 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Oh for Gods sake OP Ive been engaged 3 times, married once, uncountable relationships, and i ALWAYS vacation alone!

NO ONE is looking at you, no one is thinking anything at all about you!

No one's giving you looks, judging you, or spending one single second of THEIR precious holiday time wondering about that girl with the book!

You need therapy - this suggests you have some sort of treatable social anxiety tbh...to be that convinced folk are judging you.

It must make life very difficult.

Same here. I vacationed alone all the time until recently. I'm 38, BTW, and just married my 51 year old wife three months ago. It's never too late, OP. As a matter of fact, my dearly departed grandmother was a widow for about 45 years when she reunited with her old high school flame who was suffering from terminal cancer. They became an item and she stayed with him until he passed away, just under a year. She was around 78 years old at the time. She told me she was really happy to find a man who made her feel wanted and pretty again after being alone for so long. But you need to ditch the desperation and build some confidence. I get it; it's not easy. But hanging out at your house watching paint dry isn't going to net you a romantic partner. You have to socialize. Therapy can help, or just going out, even if you're alone. You have to get out of your comfort zone. Oh, and I almost forgot. You need to fire your travel agent while you're at it. He sounds like a real jerk.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:27 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
Everyone's pets should. Think about it for a second. Say you have a dog and get off work at 6:00, and you're going to have a date that evening. Would you agree to meet up with someone directly after work and let a dog pee or poop in your house? Probably not. You'd probably go home to walk the dog, and then have your date. That makes your dog the priority over your date.
If your pet has so much control over your life that you can never meet a guy for a date (or do anything else) directly after work, that is going to be a problem for a lot of guys.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:30 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
If your pet has so much control over your life that you can never meet a guy for a date (or do anything else) directly after work, that is going to be a problem for a lot of guys.
Have you ever had a pet? You actually need to do things like feed it and make sure it can go to the bathroom. Running home to walk your pet before a date doesn't seem like a make or break thing to me. I mean, saying that this would be a problem seems a bit outrageous to me!

Old 10-13-2015, 11:31 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
OP? Are you thinking that big boobs will make guys overlook your social awkwardness?

When guys want you for your looks/body despite not like your personality - they are using you and will just dump you after.

I don't think that's what you want.

Are you hoping the boobs will bring them in long enough for them to see through your social awkwardness? That's not really the job of boobs either...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-13-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I think it's wonderful that you accept her as she is.
It's not about "accepting" her. It's about finding her smoking hot exactly how she is

Quote:
Would you think differently about her, if she elected to get breast augmentation?
Yes

Old 10-13-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Have you ever had a pet? You actually need to do things like feed it and make sure it can go to the bathroom. Running home to walk your pet before a date doesn't seem like a make or break thing to me. I mean, saying that this would be a problem seems a bit outrageous to me!
I've had pets most of my life. They don't run my life. I've been with women who let their pets run their lives. If you can never do anything after work because of your pet, it is running your life.

If a woman with a pet wonders why guys don't stick around, she would be wise to look at the dynamics of the relationship she has with her pet.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:35 AM

4,558 posts, read 5,408,775 times
Quote:
I have thought about this issue for quite sometime. I was hoping that I would have a husband or a long-term boyfriend by now, because I really want to have a family, but it hasn't happened. Should I just accept that I will be single and won't have children? I'm very introverted and find it difficult to meet people.

I am socially awkward...
All you have to do is eat right, hit the gym and it will happen.

I've said it for years that for a woman, all she has to do is not be fat and she will have dates and men approaching her for dates. Even if she is introverted, if she's not fat, men WILL approach.

Now, if your problem is not with getting men to approach you, but is with maintaining and keeping a LTR then its totally YOU (on the inside) and/or your decision making on the types of guys you choose to try to establish relationships with.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:39 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
I've had pets most of my life. They don't run my life. I've been with women who let their pets run their lives. If you can never do anything after work because of your pet, it is running your life.

If a woman with a pet wonders why guys don't stick around, she would be wise to look at the dynamics of the relationship she has with her pet.
Nobody said anything about never doing anything after work - but is making plans for 6:30 instead of 6 so that you can walk your dog really letting it run your life?

And it doesn't sound like the OP's issues with dating have anything to do with her cat. There's just a couple non-pet people on here who are trying to make it into a huge deal.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:40 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:

Well yeah, my cat is the boss. She often holds my lap hostage for hours while she naps. I can't even get up and go to the bathroom until she lets me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships