Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 05:08 PM

562 posts, read 464,321 times

Advertisements

I have thought about this issue for quite sometime. I was hoping that I would have a husband or a long-term boyfriend by now, because I really want to have a family, but it hasn't happened. Should I just accept that I will be single and won't have children? I'm very introverted and find it difficult to meet people.

I am socially awkward...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 05:17 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
A male friend of mine was desperate for a partner.

He went OLD. Had a few hits, a few misses. He also dated IRL friends but nothing ever "took".

I saw him yesterday with a lady for the second time. They looked adorable together, very very happy and well suited. They met online.

She thinks he's lovely (which he is) and the sentiment is returned.

It can work if you're patient and give it time.

I had another friend who literally used to cry on my shoulder that she would NEVER meet someone or have children. She was 43 at the time. She went OLD and they have a 5 year old daughter now, still as happy as clams together

Old 10-11-2015, 05:22 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
If being socially awkward is preventing you from dating, I suggest, you find a way to overcome that.

You still have time to start a family.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:24 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Never give up hope. You are still young.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:26 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,141,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Never give up hope. You are still young.
Stuff people tell themselves that's not true.

If the OP is not a belly dancer I'd be in for pics

Old 10-11-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
A male friend of mine was desperate for a partner.

He went OLD. Had a few hits, a few misses. He also dated IRL friends but nothing ever "took".

I saw him yesterday with a lady for the second time. They looked adorable together, very very happy and well suited. They met online.

She thinks he's lovely (which he is) and the sentiment is returned.

It can work if you're patient and give it time.

I had another friend who literally used to cry on my shoulder that she would NEVER meet someone or have children. She was 43 at the time. She went OLD and they have a 5 year old daughter now, still as happy as clams together
Thanks for the nice stories, but I haven't had any such luck. It is so depressing. I don't go out to bars or clubs and I really dislike the idea of partaking in speed dating, but now I'm thinking about engaging in these activities. I am just tired of my family (particularly my sister) mocking me because I don't have a boyfriend.

I'm also tired of the looks that I get from random people when I vacation alone. When I booked my last vacation to the Islands, the travel agent had the audacity to ask me why I was traveling alone. I told him that I needed a break due to my stressful job (but apparently this wasn't a good enough response), he followed up with, "but you don't have a boyfriend or even a friend to accompany you?" I wanted to die of embarrassment, but instead I just reiterated that my intention was to travel alone.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If being socially awkward is preventing you from dating, I suggest, you find a way to overcome that.

You still have time to start a family.
My issue is I have no experience and I don't exude any sexual appeal. I am 5'4, 117 lbs. I am thin and lack curves, (this is the biggest problem with my body). I have thought about breast augmentation, to possibly boost my chances of attracting more attention.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:33 PM

162 posts, read 203,093 times
Either have to get over your social awkwardness or meet someone that has that in common with you I guess.

Give the OLD a try... From those who posted above it seems to work.

I have seen many women in your situation who are holding out hopes of finding that "#1 dream guy" who checks off each and every box on their long list of wants and needs. The truth is that person is not out there.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:34 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Oh for Gods sake OP Ive been engaged 3 times, married once, uncountable relationships, and i ALWAYS vacation alone!

NO ONE is looking at you, no one is thinking anything at all about you!

No one's giving you looks, judging you, or spending one single second of THEIR precious holiday time wondering about that girl with the book!

You need therapy - this suggests you have some sort of treatable social anxiety tbh...to be that convinced folk are judging you.

It must make life very difficult.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susman View Post
Either have to get over your social awkwardness or meet someone that has that in common with you I guess.

Give the OLD a try... From those who posted above it seems to work.

I have seen many women in your situation who are holding out hopes of finding that "#1 dream guy" who checks off each and every box on their long list of wants and needs. The truth is that person is not out there.
I realize at this stage I won't meet my dream guy, but I was hoping that I'd find someone who is compatible and tall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships