Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 06:23 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindstealer View Post
Ususally it's the woman who initiates the break-up so naturally men are gonna feel worse.
Between 64-72% of all break-ups that are initiated by women are the result of hypergamy. And roughly 1/2 of all women engage in patterns of behavior that are consistent with hypergamy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 06:33 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Often times, the woman has the next male partner lined up before the breakup, so she's set for companionship and sex. If she doesn't, she will often have an easier time finding next. Fewer men are able to bounce like this.

It really depends on how in-demand the person is more so than the biological sex IMO. But I see validity in the research.

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I mean being considerate whether to and how to break up with a guy.
Whats there to be considerate about?

When a woman breaks up with me, I'm not expecting any consolation prize. I expect it to be done emotionless, swift (to-the point) and quite frankly... cruel. Its not the end of the world.

btw: Shots ^

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
OP, people struggle more after a breakup according to their psychological profiles, how they were raised, = whether they have less resilience than people who were raised with good emotional support, etc. etc. It doesn't go by gender.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:29 PM

388 posts, read 382,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, people struggle more after a breakup according to their psychological profiles, how they were raised, = whether they have less resilience than people who were raised with good emotional support, etc. etc. It doesn't go by gender.
^This. Joining the forum made me realise gender is irrelevant in breakup suffering

Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

btw: Shots ^

I've got the next round!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-12-2015, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
AWW poor men, I hope some men decide to be more considerate of how they treat others.

Both genders have a lot to learn in regards to the way they treat others, it is not gender specific.

PS gender bashing is against TOS.
Preach it sister!

Old 10-12-2015, 08:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Often times, the woman has the next male partner lined up before the breakup, so she's set for companionship and sex. If she doesn't, she will often have an easier time finding next. Fewer men are able to bounce like this.
Oh, I don't think so. It's the exact opposite. Women are much more likely to leave a relationship without having anything else on the horizon. As has been discussed in this sub-forum before, women are much happier being alone than are men.

It is men who usually have person B (or C or D...) lined up before their current relationship ends. In the odd times they don't (ie. their partner dies), men usually jump into another relationship fairly quickly. I've known of men getting involved with another woman within weeks of their SO's death.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:23 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

It is men who usually have person B (or C or D...) lined up before their current relationship ends. In the odd times they don't (ie. their partner dies), men usually jump into another relationship fairly quickly. I've known of men getting involved with another woman within weeks of their SO's death.
Me too and I was horrified at first. But studies have shown that men who were happily married are most prone to this.

Men's loss is more.... encompassing.... they (generally lose) the homemaker, lover, best friend, social planner.... the wife is somewhat of their everything when it comes to emotions (love, someone they can show the softer side to, physical touch), whereas women can get a lot of those needs filled by other women.

I found it very interesting.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-12-2015, 08:29 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindstealer View Post
Ususally it's the woman who initiates the break-up so naturally men are gonna feel worse.
Nope, in most of my previous relationships the guy ended it. Then they came back later and proposed marriage. I had already moved on. I think men are faster to end things and also regret it later. Women stick it out longer in relationships until we are fed up and then leave. Although that's a generality and doesn't apply to everyone or even most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships