Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 10:39 AM

565 posts, read 430,848 times

Advertisements

Who knows what her reasons are. I don't know if its true for you, but many guys pursue only one woman at a time, which is a huge mistake. If I were you, I would line up some dates with other women, and would not go out of my way to hide it. Once youre dating 3, 4 or more women at the same time, you have very little time to sit there and wonder why this one is all of a sudden less interested. Not to mention, despite what women will tell you, it makes you much much more attractive to other women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 10:53 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,313,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Who knows what her reasons are. I don't know if its true for you, but many guys pursue only one woman at a time, which is a huge mistake. If I were you, I would line up some dates with other women, and would not go out of my way to hide it. Once youre dating 3, 4 or more women at the same time, you have very little time to sit there and wonder why this one is all of a sudden less interested. Not to mention, despite what women will tell you, it makes you much much more attractive to other women.
He may not have had the opportunity to juggle 3-4 women at the same time; I rarely (if ever) do, even when using the online format.

I've only had one woman (that I recall) proudly announce (unprovoked) that she was seeing other guys (I never ask). It was a huge turnoff. I wasn't born yesterday so I wasn't surprised (in the least) but found that announcing it was kind of unnecessary/insulting. It certainly didn't make her much more attractive to me.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:59 AM

5,427 posts, read 4,415,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Once youre dating 3, 4 or more women at the same time, you have very little time to sit there and wonder why this one is all of a sudden less interested. Not to mention, despite what women will tell you, it makes you much much more attractive to other women.
For sure. Women want a guy that has other options.

I think a lot of guys want to be juggling multiple women in the early stages until one proves herself to emerge from the pack, but even with online dating, that's easier said than done. The focus should be on multiple women if possible. With sites and apps, it is way easier to have 2-3 first dates per week until someone emerges.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Yeah. To me, it's serious business! Of course, Mrs. P's breath is pretty tasty and good--- even in the mornings! Lucky me!!!!

But I remember pre-Mrs. P times and problems with others.

And the breath can and will cancel out all the positives: good looks, personality, common interests, etc., etc.!
Lucky you indeed.

Any morning breath prevention secrets? As far as I understand, morning breath is not really preventable but certain strategies (flossing, etc.) can mitigate its severity. I thought it was mainly a function of closed/dry mouth so not much we can do to prevent it while sleeping. If you have any prevention methods that work, please share!

Old 10-14-2015, 11:03 AM

29,645 posts, read 34,140,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
For sure. Women want a guy that has other options.
Really? If I find that a guy is juggling a bunch of other women, then they can have him. I want to be with someone who likes me, not who's waiting for me outshine the rest of his harem.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
The activity date thing sounds good, but I don't know the local events that well. Being honest, dinner/restaurants are quite easy as there are 1,000+ to choose from while other activities take more searching.

I actually don't go on that many first dates (way <1/week, maybe 1/month if averaged over time) and am comfortable (enough) financially where the cost of dating is not an issue. One good thing about dinner dates is they've helped me discover some of my favorite restaurants in the area.
You've got to do more with finding local events. Look through Thrillist, the Yelp Events page, maybe your free alternative weekly rag (Boston has at least one of them), the local newspaper's website. You should be able to find local events. I'll agree that scheduling a dinner is easier, but if it doesn't get you what you need, axe it.

I do not care at all about local restaurants in my area.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:07 AM

6,304 posts, read 8,979,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Really? If I find that a guy is juggling a bunch of other women, then they can have him. I want to be with someone who likes me, not who's waiting for me outshine the rest of his harem.
Amen.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
In the early stages, how does he know that you aren't seeing multiple guys at the same time? It protects him against you choosing one of your other options.

I think it is large city post-college dating environment, men and women are both juggling multiple options at the same time in the early stages, waiting for one option to outshine the others.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
That was my exact experience with the girl who was so proud to announce she was seeing multiple men. There was a time or two we planned to meet and she canceled. Just came off as disrespectful of my time; I did not find her seeing multiple people attractive in any way, shape, or form.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:10 AM

14 posts, read 9,382 times
Op, she clearly got bored because you didn't take the hint. When she kissed you on the first date, she fully expected you to bang her. You failed. She even gave you a second chance (date) and made her intentions know again. You failed then too.

If a woman is remotely interested in you, she will put out on the first date. If you don't get at least a BJ after a couple of hours together, it's time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships