Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:47 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac08 View Post
as far as him asking the woman out I would say he would not do that. on the shy side when it comes to women. living at home never had a reason to move and with parents getting up in age its now best to be there.
Move out, dude.

Go on a few speed dating events to get your feet wet. You will screw up badly, but it is a (fast) learning experience. Once you have done that, create a good online profile, learn how to do your own laundry and how to set your own alarm clock and start dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:52 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Any other long term posters thinking of IDDY and Taco Man right about now?

I'd likely say no. My upper age limit on OLD sites is 48, and I'm finding most men over the age of 45 to be rather undesirable, usually because they just seem so old.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:55 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
as far as him asking the woman out I would say he would not do that. on the shy side when it comes to women. living at home never had a reason to move and with parents getting up in age its now best to be there.
I might be willing to go to a group event if the guy was there to see what he's like, but a one-on-one date that he can't even ask me for himself would probably be painful to sit through.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:31 AM

100 posts, read 81,671 times
1) I would never date a man still living at home. He needs to have financial goals, and especially at THAT age something very tangible.

2) I don't date people who I am not friends with first. It's just smart to be friends first instead of jumping into dating.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
if you were single and looking and a friend of yours asked you to go out with someone they know who is on the + side of 45,employed, no criminal back ground and you agreed to go. then your friend told you 2 things. he still lives at home and has never had a 1st date. 0 experience with women. would you still go knowing that this would be so awkward for him.
If I met the guy and found him to be an interesting, sympathetic person, I would probably go out with him to help him practice small talk and warm up a bit. I could offer some advice and be a platonic companion/wingwoman. If he's a frigid mope, then no thanks.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:16 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:
if you were single and looking and a friend of yours asked you to go out with someone they know who is on the + side of 45,employed, no criminal back ground and you agreed to go. then your friend told you 2 things. he still lives at home and has never had a 1st date. 0 experience with women. would you still go knowing that this would be so awkward for him.
Only if he's willing to put out.

I'm kidding. Seriously though, same as any other potential date: if he came across as someone I would hit it off with, then yes. Shy and socially-awkward does not bother me; everyone has to start somewhere, after all.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:38 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
A woman who lives with her parents, has social anxiety, has trouble holding conversations and is only marginally attractive might say yes to this

Old 10-15-2015, 02:47 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
I would need more information than what was in the OP. I don't like the fact that he's lives with parents and has no experience with women.

But...

As others have said, if he has his financial house in order and moved back in with them to take care of them, from a position of independence, then that is different.

If he just felt that he never had a reason to move out because he wasn't getting married and starting a family, and so just stayed with Mommy and Daddy until past 45 years old...that is crazy, and I would not only suggest getting out, I'd suggest some kind of socialization whether through group therapy of some sort, or...I don't know. Something. That is maladaptive antisocial behavior, that is a refusal to grow up and adult.

And zero experience with women? Why?? Again, if no big obvious reasons present, then therapy might be the answer.

None of this stuff makes sense unless the man has some kind of a serious condition, like Down's Syndrome or he's wheelchair-bound or something. That would at least make it sort of understandable. But none of this is normal for someone who is just "shy."

Old 10-21-2015, 09:34 PM

254 posts, read 597,615 times
Not happening.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:41 AM

649 posts, read 570,303 times
No!! I like my head and prefer to keep it attached to my body. This guy sounds like a weirdo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships