Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 04:19 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Thrown.

Yes, it happens often, heck, I've even done it. It wasn't so much that I "threw" the guy away. It was just meant to be casual and nothing more.
Agreed.

3 examples
Spoiler
Worst case was a girl who spoke to a guy for 2 months before sex. Then the next 2 years were him calling her every few weeks for sex, then ignoring her, and even blocking her until he was ready to hook up again. The guy had a girlfriend already. This girl was just his side-chick. But she wanted to date him. He wasn't interested in anything other than sex with her, and when she tried being friends with him, or complained about his treatment of her, he ignored her, or shrugged and changed the subject. She left this guy finally after he told her he didn't want another girlfriend after being dumped. Then went and started dating a new girl. But he still wanted his side-chick to stay on the side so he could sleep with her behind a new girl's back now. Last straw there, after all the other bad stuff.

Another younger girl I know- 19. Was friends with a guy-29 for years, almost like siblings. but they started having sex, and she wanted to date him and be official. He didn't, and would just occasionally tell her something to keep her n the hook, but after 1 year, had no plans of committing to her. Then would back peddle and say they weren't a couple and it was not serious, and even mentioned and joked about sleeping with other women. Though he'd get jealous if she dated another guy. She left, finally.

Then another lady is into casual. She states she has no plans of ever being serious with a man again. But a problem she runs into is guys who will sleep with her, but don't act nice about it, because if she's not their girlfriend, they don't have to be nice. They stop talking to her after sex. And she thinks it's stupid a man would forfeit a woman who wants to sleep with him casually and give up easy sex for being a jerk.

So for many, men only wanting women for sex happens a good bit. Look at the thread about the woman who dated a guy for 1 month, then after sex, he got dressed, then had her clothes ready for her to get dressed and leave.

It may depend on where you live. Maybe it's not something that happens much in certain places and cultures. But it does happen a good bit in other places. Like one older culture, Idk if it's still around, it was seen as great when a woman was promiscuous and if she got pregnant, it was good to be one of the baby's "fathers." Contrast to older days in America, and even today, where a woman who has slept around a good bit is a *****.

Last edited by HappyRain; 10-14-2015 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 04:19 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Maybe in Argentinia it is different.

Sounds like a great country.
Yeah, cultural differences and all that jazz. That's key here. It's erroneous to assert one's experiences and observations are absolute truth on the basis of personal experiences... anecdotal data. The plural form of anecdote is not data. What's true for one individual, in their situation, where they live and with their background (and many other factors), is not necessarily true for all others.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:27 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Thrown.

Yes, it happens often, heck, I've even done it. It wasn't so much that I "threw" the guy away. It was just meant to be casual and nothing more.

sorry, english is not my first language and i make mistakes from time to time

Old 10-14-2015, 05:48 PM

282 posts, read 219,274 times
OP Don't listen to these posters. I just hope you slept with him because you WANT to. Nothing more nothing less. As long as it was consensual. You honestly can't do anything on what he wants to do next. Just be upfront with him next time he wants to do the deed again.

That happen to me. When me and my then BF now husband first did it, I wanted it to happen. Of course he just wants me to 'spend weekends at his house' after that. That's when I told him NO. that's not what I want. We either live together or marry. We are already in our 40s. In your case I know you just want to be 'official'. He may walk out on you. Like my husband did. OF course it hurt me but there's nothing I can do. SO I let him go, I am not the type to beg, biatch please

A week later he sent me an email giving what I want, live with him AND marry me.

Of course you may have different result but like I said what's important is you do what YOU want as long as it is mutual decision. ya know?

Old 10-14-2015, 05:59 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
If you want a guy who is into you for more than sex and you aren't sure whether or not a particular guy is, then wait until you are sure before you do the deed.

Take time and pay attention to how the rest of the relationship is going. This will give you a much better idea of what is up with him.

If you still aren't sure, here's one general rule- the more he pressures you for sex, the less he is into you for other things also.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 10-14-2015 at 06:10 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 06:12 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I dont know where that ridiculous fantasy comes that when men have sex, they DISSAPEAR

I dont think that ever happened in history of human kind.

If anything, they COME BACK FOR MORE

There is no such thing as "scaring a guy due to sleeping with him".

That sentence actually does not make sense.
If this never happens why do we have to sift through thread after thread over the yrs here where someone had sex with someone quick and they bounced afterwards never to be heard from again.

Has nothing to with "scaring" a guy....

It's called the "pump and dump", every heard that phrase?????

So common in fact that it's has a million other vulgar terms associated with it.

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-14-2015 at 06:21 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 06:35 PM

388 posts, read 382,974 times
Originally Posted by SophieLL
Quote:
I dont know where that ridiculous fantasy comes that when men have sex, they DISSAPEAR

They disappear because it's boring. Once you've won something it's no longer a challenge. By the look of CD threads, there are many women willing to hookup at a moment's notice. The fun's in the conquest

Old 10-14-2015, 06:47 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Quote:

Is this a serious post?? No...really....are you actually serious right now??

Wow....just wow.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:53 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Quote:

If its GOOD sex...

Heck sometimes even if its Bad sex

OP life is a game, and you don't have to Win Every Time.

Stop using sex as a weapon. This is unhealthy, you have a libido, use it.

Personally ive never known how you know you want a second date in the first place, if you haven't already thoroughly vetted them on the first. IYKWIM.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:26 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Great gravy... it happens ALL.THE.TIME.

One and done is not a fantasy.
Yeah I don't know what planet she lives on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships