Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:13 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,439,604 times

Advertisements

Been on Tinder awhile I only had 1 lady not a good fit send me a discrete let's skip that and just grab a drink.

Had a few dates no matches but had a few fun, chuckles, and smooches. Could had all had I liked diff women.

People seem to be using Tinder in SoCal more like OKC we match but then you have to look close on the about to see when they were last online some now aren't online for 3 days so it makes it difficult to communicate because you can't sync up because you aren't logged in at same time.

I am taking a step back and focusing on other things so no worries........OLD.....never dull and never boring......sometimes like Jerry Springer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 07:33 PM

491 posts, read 401,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Been on Tinder awhile I only had 1 lady not a good fit send me a discrete let's skip that and just grab a drink.

Had a few dates no matches but had a few fun, chuckles, and smooches. Could had all had I liked diff women.

People seem to be using Tinder in SoCal more like OKC we match but then you have to look close on the about to see when they were last online some now aren't online for 3 days so it makes it difficult to communicate because you can't sync up because you aren't logged in at same time.

I am taking a step back and focusing on other things so no worries........OLD.....never dull and never boring......sometimes like Jerry Springer
I agree, Tinder doesn't have the same kind of stigma here in SoCal as it seems to in some other parts of the country. It's just a vehicle for communication. If I think I like somebody, if they don't creep me out right away I'd be pretty quick to move it over to text/ phone.

OP: I don't like it when guys open with "Hello" or "Hi" - I think it shows more interest if they comment on something in my profile or one of my photos. Doesn't have to be clever, just something that shows they actually looked at my profile.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:37 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,755,140 times
I don't believe this. You are being let known that the girl finds you attractive and you find her attractive so there is mutual attraction and the next step would be to find out if your personalities match. 99% of my matches don't contact me. Or if they do, they fade out after 2 or 3 messages. I have only met 1 person on there and the guy was actually looking for a relationship. And here men are, complaining about being single. I swear, people just like to complain.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:39 PM

154 posts, read 127,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
I think it shows more interest if they comment on something in my profile or one of my photos. Doesn't have to be clever, just something that shows they actually looked at my profile.
Good info. Boys, you heard it here first

Old 10-15-2015, 07:47 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,439,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
I agree, Tinder doesn't have the same kind of stigma here in SoCal as it seems to in some other parts of the country. It's just a vehicle for communication. If I think I like somebody, if they don't creep me out right away I'd be pretty quick to move it over to text/ phone.

OP: I don't like it when guys open with "Hello" or "Hi" - I think it shows more interest if they comment on something in my profile or one of my photos. Doesn't have to be clever, just something that shows they actually looked at my profile.

Good I do that. I try and find something clever to say about your profile or pics to show that I am not just swiping away and women seem to appreciate that.

I have an attractive match but based on the times she is logged in she is either a bot or we have very different schedules which probably won't mesh

I may just give her my google voice screen her for bots/scams and proceed forward we'll see.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:50 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,859,290 times
Sometimes I'll Rick roll a girl pretending it's a hilarious tinder parody video on YouTube. If she has a sense of humor, that usually goes over well and then I'll share the actual parody video. And then we can talk about our favorite parts of the video and let the conversation progress from there.

Sometimes I'll talk about a shared interest or something I found unique about her profile.

Sometimes I'll be very direct and ask why she's on here and what she's specially looking for. And I'll say that if she can't provide a straightforward answer, then I'm not interested in getting to know her any better.

Sometimes I'll tell an interesting lie about myself. I never keep it up too long before confessing, but by then it doesn't matter because we've established some good vibes.

Securing a phone number should be the goal. To do that, I simply tell her that this app kills my battery (which it does). And then I'll ask if she trusts me with her phone number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships