Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 02:44 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've said the same thing to her in her other threads, the kids are seeing this revolving door of guys and in general it's just a bad lack of stability for kids.... I don't care about the morality of her being with a variety of men, I just think that there should be a firewall between men and the her kids until she finds a real keeper.
Yep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 04:44 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,634,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Omg you have no idea how many people have drug or alcohol issues. Don't get me wrong, I do drink socially. But I don't have to, and I have never even tried drugs so could never be down with that.

I think I also tend to go for the guys that have edginess to them. My last just got out of prison and he called me. Yup story of my life. I want the settle down guy and all I ever get is the fun and care free guys that are happy to be mooches with no responsibilities. My ex husband and I divorced 10 years ago, and at 40 he is still no where close to settling down.

I do have to say that my current bf may be the exception. He only goes out if I drag him out with me. He has sole custody of his kids and he does want to be married and have the family life. My friends all love him with me and see us having a future together. Time will tell.
So, the guy who just got out of prison was also a guy you went to high school with and everyone thought you two would be perfect together? He was still legally married but had had another long-term serious relationship which had ended before you two got together? He's the guy who's 2 kids were always at your house yet he was not pitching in for household expenses, and you decided to have a talk about that?

I am just trying to keep track.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:49 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,634,284 times
Quote:
But I am great in my book and I have quite a few close friends that love me the way that I am, so why should I change into someone else?

I tried changing for my sons father. Sure it gave me a different set of friends for a little while, but it did not make him stay with me. In the end he still left and I reverted back to my old strong, self. I like this version of me and I will not change for someone else. Love me the way I am or don't love me at all.
You shouldn't pretend to be someone you aren't.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've said the same thing to her in her other threads, the kids are seeing this revolving door of guys and in general it's just a bad lack of stability for kids.... I don't care about the morality of her being with a variety of men, I just think that there should be a firewall between men and the her kids until she finds a real keeper.
I get ignored every time I suggest this, too.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
Quote:
But I am great in my book and I have quite a few close friends that love me the way that I am, so why should I change into someone else?

I tried changing for my sons father. Sure it gave me a different set of friends for a little while, but it did not make him stay with me. In the end he still left and I reverted back to my old strong, self. I like this version of me and I will not change for someone else. Love me the way I am or don't love me at all.

Strong? I disagree that you are strong with good self-esteem. A woman who is strong and has high self-esteem isn't so desperate for a man that she is continually posting about how to find a quality man on internet forums, nor does she go on 60+ dates over a couple of months time.

A quality woman with kids who is strong focuses her energies on raising well-adjusted kids and becoming a better person herself. She's generally not focused on finding a man. As a result of this, she often finds a quality man along her path without looking.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 10-20-2015 at 12:36 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 12:46 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
A quality woman with kids who is strong focuses her energies on raising well-adjusted kids and becoming a better person herself. She's generally not focused on finding a man. As a result of this, she often finds a quality man along her path without looking.
You win the internet today!

Old 10-20-2015, 12:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I'll second this! Well said, and it should be the only thing that matters.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-22-2015, 12:00 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,739 times
Chose different types of men. You are probably projecting your desperation for a relationship which scares off the guys with edge. Another thing is I hope you don't talk so highly of yourself to these men, because they probably are tired of hearing it. Complaining about all the past relationships being temp relations, makes guys assume that's all you really want....even if you say you don't...actions speak louder than words....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships