Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you say that it's inappropriate to ask a woman who you don't know to sleep with you if this is
Yes it’s inappropriate, but stating your reason for asking WILL improve your chances. 1 5.26%
Yes it’s inappropriate, and stating your reason for asking WILL NOT improve your chances. 11 57.89%
No it’s not inappropriate, and stating your reason for asking WILL improve your chances. 2 10.53%
No it’s not inappropriate, but stating your reason for asking WILL NOT improve your chances. 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 03:49 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
... cause normal rational people don't expect a woman to "give him some" just cause he's sportin wood.
Yep. That's the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 03:54 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Don't equate asking a woman for sex, albeit in a clumsy fashion, with rape.

Sort of downplays rape a bit.
I didn't.

It was the "she is asking for it" tone that I didn't like.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:55 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Well, either this guy is pulling 80's on the IQ scale or he's pulling chains.... cause normal rational people don't expect a woman to "give him some" just cause he's sportin wood.
That's true, and I don't take dropping the "r" word lightly, but many guys who sexually assault women don't hide in the bushes with a knife. They're guys who want what they want when they want it, and they don't care about what she wants at that particular time. We can only hope the OP is clueful enough that he doesn't cross that line, but his wording is a little creepy.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:00 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's true, and I don't take dropping the "r" word lightly, but many guys who sexually assault women don't hide in the bushes with a knife. They're guys who want what they want when they want it, and they don't care about what she wants at that particular time. We can only hope the OP is clueful enough that he doesn't cross that line, but his wording is a little creepy.
That was my point too, don't drop the word rape around light, saying "rapey" even sort of doesn't sit well with me, but I get it.

Yeah, I actually hope that guy is fully creepy in real life, as it hopefully it piques on women's radars... if that makes any sense...

Old 10-16-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTune View Post

Every time I see a woman is some short skirt with dark nylons, it reminds me of how unfair and cruel the universe is. If she's going to prance around like that in front of me, she could at least offer to give me some. It's not like I'm visibly aroused (hard) for no reason.
OP blames the woman entirely, for his own reactions.

Which is how rapists think.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:07 PM

507 posts, read 442,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Frankly, I'd question the mental state of a woman who would be swayed by something like this.
I'd question the mental state of any man who would even consider asking it.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:07 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
OP blames the woman entirely, for his own reactions.

Which is how rapists think.
I agree. This thread seems (who tf knows what's serious or not???) to have gone from oafishly jokey to a bit Ted Bundy. Yikes. Unless that comment (if you arouse me I get some) is more oafishness. Confusion.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:08 PM

Welp, they're out there somewhere, looking like normal human beings.

Puts a whole new creep factor to "have a woman in every city" though....

Old 10-16-2015, 04:09 PM

507 posts, read 442,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTune View Post
Every time I see a woman is some short skirt with dark nylons, it reminds me of how unfair and cruel the universe is. If she's going to prance around like that in front of me, she could at least offer to give me some. It's not like I'm visibly aroused (hard) for no reason.
Let me guess: This now-now former member lives in the Philadalphia area and is a fan of LPs.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:11 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
I'd question the mental state of any man who would even consider asking it.
We're splitting hairs here, both sides of this equation are pretty much mental...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships