Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 03:08 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessarial View Post
...but if I am really honest I am not too sure what I want myself.
Figure this out, and you're good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 03:09 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Okay I know how ridiculous this sounds, but if I am really honest I am not too sure what I want myself. I really liked the guy and while I am sure he liked me for the sex part, I don't have a clue whether he would have liked me if sex was not involved. I dont want a relationship but atleast I want to know if I made enough of an impression on him to bother about never getting to see me again, or is it something that doesn't occur to guys?

So you want to be completely self-absorbed and you want to know why he won't feed that?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-18-2015, 03:11 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Why? This is dumb. If you DID make an impression on him, and he DOES like you, only to get hurt by you telling him to take a hike. WHY would you lift him up by contacting him again, JUST to throw him back down???

Jesus. Leave it alone.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:11 PM

273 posts, read 240,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So you want to be completely self-absorbed and you want to know why he won't feed that?
Exactly. It's an ego thing. He didn't call. She is not sure, but wants him to call and be interested to stuff her ego.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:14 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Quote:
Okay I know how ridiculous this sounds, but if I am really honest I am not too sure what I want myself. I really liked the guy and while I am sure he liked me for the sex part, I don't have a clue whether he would have liked me if sex was not involved. I dont want a relationship but atleast I want to know if I made enough of an impression on him to bother about never getting to see me again, or is it something that doesn't occur to guys?
So in other words, you just want validation that you are in fact desirable, except you don't want to be desired by this particular guy? Please just stop.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:20 PM

154 posts, read 127,948 times
Quote:
I would really like some opinions from guys, I met this great guy and for about a week and a half we texted regularly, not a lot but sporadically all through morning and a little more at night, which was basically about hooking up. None of us gave any indication of wanting more. Then we met up one night at a bar, had a few drinks and conversation and went back to his place.He introduced me to his friends, I chatted with them for a while and then had really great sex. So i figured the night went pretty well, everything was light-hearted, fun.I didnt sleep over saying that I had work.He asked me to call when I got home, but i texted which he recieved the next morning and his reply was short, after that we had a few more short conversations, which was obviously different from before but polite. He initiated less. Then after a few days he hinted that maybe we should do it again coz it was great and he loved it, i declined saying maybe it was better as a one time thing. I said goodbye, he ended by saying that he hopes to see me someday. Since then there has been nothing.
My question is if the guy was really into me, he would not have let it go so easy or was he just respecting my wishes? and if I was to contact him again after a while, would that be desperate on my part?
Sounds like you're playing games, trying to coerce this guy to "chase" you, and when he doesn't, you run to a bunch of strangers to find out why.

Yeah, he was respecting your wishes, perhaps so you didn't label him as a "creep". If you like this guy (and clearly you do, seeing as how you took the time to register a screen name and blab about it on a public forum), then call him, and say what you mean, and mean what you say.

What a ridiculous thread...

Old 10-18-2015, 03:21 PM

154 posts, read 127,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
So in other words, you just want validation that you are in fact desirable, except you don't want to be desired by this particular guy? Please just stop.
Nailed it.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:22 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
I would really like some opinions from guys, I met this great guy and for about a week and a half we texted regularly, not a lot but sporadically all through morning and a little more at night, which was basically about hooking up. None of us gave any indication of wanting more. Then we met up one night at a bar, had a few drinks and conversation and went back to his place.He introduced me to his friends, I chatted with them for a while and then had really great sex. So i figured the night went pretty well, everything was light-hearted, fun.I didnt sleep over saying that I had work.He asked me to call when I got home, but i texted which he recieved the next morning and his reply was short, after that we had a few more short conversations, which was obviously different from before but polite. He initiated less. Then after a few days he hinted that maybe we should do it again coz it was great and he loved it, i declined saying maybe it was better as a one time thing. I said goodbye, he ended by saying that he hopes to see me someday. Since then there has been nothing.
My question is if the guy was really into me, he would not have let it go so easy or was he just respecting my wishes? and if I was to contact him again after a while, would that be desperate on my part?
It's BS like this that makes me glad I'm not out there in the dating world.

The guy tries to be polite and respect your wishes and he gets questioned.

I bet if he was more aggressive we'd have a new OP asking why are guys aggressive and can't accept a simple "no"

Old 10-18-2015, 03:22 PM

24 posts, read 14,509 times
People pls, first, i didn't tell the guy to take a hike, I only stepped back for a while rather than getting caught off guard by feelings,which i didn't expect to happen. To spare him and me from possible drama.
I was very polite and he basically only said we should hook up again so he wasn't that crushed, I wasn't sure i could do just that and he still ended saying that he hopes to see me someday.
I am not sitting here waiting for him to contact me, I understand that part, I was only misled by the 'if a guy really likes you he will make it happen' proverb.
I would contact him again, I am just here trying to figure out if its worth it or am i setting myself up for trouble if I do.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:24 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Why don't you just be honest with him instead of all this?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships