Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beweirdess View Post
And when you meet someone you like, you better be f*ing persistent, and don't let go until you are told clearly I will never in my life want to be with you.

That's one problem i see with many guys- they get intimidated by a woman's apparent cool. Women like a lot of attention- take if for a fact, or continue to be in denial. You can't continue to be timid and expect someone to fall in your lap. You gotta polish your hunter skills.
This is wrong on so many levels.

No means no. When someone thinks it doesn't mean no, it either means it is a creepy stalker dude or a high-maintenance, pain-in-the-butt, attention-ho woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 02:29 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
This is wrong on so many levels.

No means no. When someone thinks it doesn't mean no, it either means it is a creepy stalker dude or a high-maintenance, pain-in-the-butt, attention-ho woman.
I agree, a woman can make it known either way if she's into the guy.... she can be a bit flirty and/or elusive but give enough of a sign that she still likes you.

I never chased women much, for one, I never had to and two, it just wasn't my style.....I'm not some little lap dog waiting for scraps... LOL, you are interested in me... let me know fairly quickly, otherwise I'm gone... gone as they get.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:35 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, a woman can make it known either way if she's into the guy.... she can be a bit flirty and/or elusive but give enough of a sign that she still likes you.

I never chased women much, for one, I never had to and two, it just wasn't my style.....I'm not some little lap dog waiting for scraps... LOL, you are interested in me... let me know fairly quickly, otherwise I'm gone... gone as they get.
That's essentially how I feel.

To me, it reeks of complete desperation chasing after a woman that has told you no several times. Not to mention, I like being single and having my independence, so I'm not going to chase after a woman when she's shown disinterest from the start.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:19 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
...6"3 muscular, outgoing guys, well travelled, intelligent, and with 6 figure incomes...
I just want to point out that says nothing about compatibility (those are mere surface details) and anyone who thinks it does is probably an amateur at relationships.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:18 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
Here are my thoughts on this issue: Often people (guys) complain that women have it too easy. If you are an average looking woman, you probably get tons of prospective guys looking to date you, sleep with you, what have you.

But here is the kicker: Women are not attracted to the average dude!

The average guy, who is probably a 5 in a scale of 10....women would probably give him a 3 or a 4.
This is the obvious truth... funny to see so many here deny it. Studies have shown that women will rate the vast majority of guys as below average attractiveness.

Old 10-24-2015, 04:22 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is the obvious truth... funny to see so many here deny it. Studies have shown that women will rate the vast majority of guys as below average attractiveness.
This may be true and it may not be. I don't know, nor do I care. All I care about is one woman I have in my life who does consider me attractive. I don't need validation from any other women. I don't care if they don't rate me high on a scale of 1-10. I have the one I care about and I'm cared about by one. Good enough for me.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:48 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This may be true and it may not be. I don't know, nor do I care. All I care about is one woman I have in my life who does consider me attractive. I don't need validation from any other women. I don't care if they don't rate me high on a scale of 1-10. I have the one I care about and I'm cared about by one. Good enough for me.
Does that mean you disregard or devalue it if another woman admittedly found you attractive?

Old 10-24-2015, 06:23 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Does that mean you disregard or devalue it if another woman admittedly found you attractive?
No, of course not. It always feels good to be noticed and/or appreciated. What I mean is if nobody did notice me it wouldn't bother me. I can and will only have one wife and that's all I need.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:04 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
All I care about is one woman I have in my life who does consider me attractive. I don't need validation from any other women. I don't care if they don't rate me high on a scale of 1-10. I have the one I care about and I'm cared about by one. Good enough for me.
And of course that's the way it should be - someone for everyone. This is the arrangement, bolstered by religion and custom, which built the modern world. Women in the 1700s in England might have found the dashing cads of that day attractive, but they weren't allowed to sleep around with them. They had to wait for a serious offer of marriage from an average man who was working hard to prove himself worthy. 18th century nerds started the industrial revolution because they knew their hard work would pay off in helping them land a good woman and raise a family. What reason do 21st century nerds have to work hard when every desirable woman they know is already sleeping around with the dashing cads?

Old 10-25-2015, 06:10 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
And of course that's the way it should be - someone for everyone. This is the arrangement, bolstered by religion and custom, which built the modern world. Women in the 1700s in England might have found the dashing cads of that day attractive, but they weren't allowed to sleep around with them. They had to wait for a serious offer of marriage from an average man who was working hard to prove himself worthy. 18th century nerds started the industrial revolution because they knew their hard work would pay off in helping them land a good woman and raise a family. What reason do 21st century nerds have to work hard when every desirable woman they know is already sleeping around with the dashing cads?

That's taking the good ol days trope to the extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships