Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 12:01 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times

Advertisements

Hm.

Just from a straightly physical point of view, I do agree there are a lot more attractive women out there than there are attractive men.

But that doesn't seem to stop the world from spinning and the human race from reproducing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 12:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Um, aren't most people not attracted to most other people? Isn't it kind of "rare" to find that special person you want to be committed to?

I'd say yes, the majority of women aren't attracted to the majority of men out there. Just look at age groups alone. About 12% of the population is 25-34 years old. So if your 25-year-old hottie is out there looking for a man around her age (and the vast majority of people date around their age) off the bat that means 87% of men out there won't be on her radar. Same can be said for men too. If you are 25-years-old, are you interested in all women out there? Even 85-year-old grandma? Or are you looking for women 20-30 years old (only 13.8% of the women out there?)

And that's not even accounting for things like looks, good chemistry, interest, values, humor, goals in life, etc

And for those who think this is a bad thing, And ask yourself this, if you are in a relationship with a woman (or man if you are a woman), do you really think you want her to be attracted to most other people out there? Do you really want someone in your life who is not that discerning that they will take anyone... that you are "just anyone?"
My sentiments exactly.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:09 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Um, aren't most people not attracted to most other people? Isn't it kind of "rare" to find that special person you want to be committed to?

I'd say yes, the majority of women aren't attracted to the majority of men out there. Just look at age groups alone. About 12% of the population is 25-34 years old. So if your 25-year-old hottie is out there looking for a man around her age (and the vast majority of people date around their age) off the bat that means 87% of men out there won't be on her radar. Same can be said for men too. If you are 25-years-old, are you interested in all women out there? Even 85-year-old grandma? Or are you looking for women 20-30 years old (only 13.8% of the women out there?)

And that's not even accounting for things like looks, good chemistry, interest, values, humor, goals in life, etc

And for those who think this is a bad thing, And ask yourself this, if you are in a relationship with a woman (or man if you are a woman), do you really think you want her to be attracted to most other people out there? Do you really want someone in your life who is not that discerning that they will take anyone... that you are "just anyone?"
Absolutely. (This post is too sensible for C-D.) Most men aren't attracted to most women. Look at how many of the whiner guys on the forum suddenly get defensive when you suggest they approach a more average woman; they say, "Hey, you can't expect me to date someone I'm not physically attracted to!" Oh, heavens, no! : We wouldn't want you to get to know her as a person, or anything! Perish the thought! But seeing as how most people are "average" (by definition), or below, those whiner guys are admitting they're not attracted to most women.

Finding someone you click with is a rare occurrence bordering on the miraculous. Finding someone you might like to bang for a night isn't quite so rare, but finding such a person who doesn't turn out to be crazy, abusive, or stalker-y is harder to do.

I don't know what starting threads that state the obvious is supposed to solve.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Most people aren't attracted to each other so what's the big deal? I'm not attracted to the majority of women I see everyday.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:11 PM

154 posts, read 127,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post

Am I really missing anything.
Might have missed out on a couple rounds of the clap, maybe a scorching case of herpies, and a few stage 5 clingers.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:11 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Most people aren't attracted to each other so what's the big deal? I'm not attracted to the majority of women I see everyday.
Voila! Exhibit A. And you're right, 49ers; it's not so big a deal, but it might be helpful to the perpetually single if they ventured out of their rigid preference zone from time to time.

Can we move on, now? Are we done here?

Old 10-19-2015, 12:23 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post
Might have missed out on a couple rounds of the clap, maybe a scorching case of herpies, and a few stage 5 clingers.
Uh.....pass

Old 10-19-2015, 12:49 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
The only consistency was height. I don't like tall guys. Go figure.
That is such a rarity nowadays!

I've only met maybe one other girl like this & it's because she's 5'0" & said she feels like a child or something like that around a big tall guy.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:06 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
That is such a rarity nowadays!

I've only met maybe one other girl like this & it's because she's 5'0" & said she feels like a child or something like that around a big tall guy.
I'm 5'9"

All the men in my family are 6'+

I have no clue where my preference for shorter men came from, but it's there and I don't hate it.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:24 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Its about 80/20. 20% of guys get to sleep with 80% of available women. It is made possible due to hypergamy and women not minding sharing a man, but rather competing for his time and attention. To an average woman, 5 minutes with a top guy is worth a thousand times more than a lifetime commitment from a feminized fruitloop. Either become the top 20% guy and get as much as you want or wait till you turn 35-40 and can find a post carousel rider to settle for you. Work on your game fellas, and when it comes to advice, ask men who succeed at it, not women.
Say what? Is this incel speak?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships