Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 07:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,901,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
He said it was more than just this health coach. Did you read his post?

Do you know what "because of that" means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
Serious guys, i am thinking about breaking up with her BECAUSE OF THAT, there is another problems too but I don't want to talk about them here in this thread! I'm just so confused!

Old 10-27-2015, 07:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times
Quote:
Serious guys, i am thinking about breaking up with her because of that, there is another problems too but I don't want to talk about them here in this thread! I'm just so confused!
Then you should just break up with her. Honestly, if my boyfriend went on an online forum to talk about me this way, I'd rather he just break up with me. If you can't be honest in your relationship and communicate your feelings to your girlfriend, then you either aren't ready to be in a relationship or you aren't with the right person.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:24 PM

340 posts, read 271,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
He said it was more than just this health coach. Did you read his post?
The guy is her friend, he made a coaching course with her and other people. he's finishing another one and it seems he needs to make sessions with a bunch of people to gets his graduate certificate!

Old 10-27-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Then you should just break up with her. Honestly, if my boyfriend went on an online forum to talk about me this way, I'd rather he just break up with me. If you can't be honest in your relationship and communicate your feelings to your girlfriend, then you either aren't ready to be in a relationship or you aren't with the right person.
Yes i told her everything about my feelings, not about the forum here of course. SHe told me not to worry that i could trust her and blablabla... but it didn't change me!

Old 10-27-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Yes i told her everything about my feelings, not about the forum here of course. SHe told me not to worry that i could trust her and blablabla... but it didn't change me!
You didn't answer my question about having her go to a male licensed psychological therapist.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times
Quote:
Then perhaps you just aren't ready to be in a relationship. Change doesn't happen overnight. And it's not her responsibility to change you. You have to want to change and work for that together.

23,177 posts, read 12,191,187 times
While the OP seems to have insecurity issues he is justified to be wary in this situation.

This isn't a licensed doctor or therapist, it's a "life coach". Does that require any formal training or certification? What makes one a "life coach" besides some self declaration that "hey, i am a life coach"?

He knows nothing about this guy or even if he is a legitimate "coach". All he knows is from what his gf said and he saw on facebook. Guess what? Anyone can create any persona they want on facebook. My friend's CAT has a facebook page.

I like the suggestion someone made to take a few "lessons" from the same coach. And without telling the gf. Check his history and check references.

6,822 posts, read 6,628,827 times
Quote:
The guy is her friend, he made a coaching course with her and other people. he's finishing another one and it seems he needs to make sessions with a bunch of people to gets his graduate certificate!
Really man, just don't get attached to this girl. Sure have fun and go with it, but don't be surprised if she flies the coop.

In my relationship, I couldn't be controlling.. if they're going to be a harlots then let them be. Then just let them go.

With all that said, she might be a sweetheart and be faithful.. I highly doubt it but it's a possibility. It does seem the opportunity is ripe however.

big hug bra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You didn't answer my question about having her go to a male licensed psychological therapist.
We never talked about this but would it be expensive?

Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
We never talked about this but would it be expensive?
I doubt it would be cheap. You get what you pay for.

Some guy who working towards a cheap "life coaching" certificate vs. a licensed professional who has spent years getting an education, going through internships, and getting licensed.

Hmm... I wonder which is better.

If she is so determined to go to the life coach, however, why don't you just go with her? That would alleviate your trust issues as well as give you a chance to see her efforts and to support them as part of a team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.