Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:16 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Glad it went well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 07:55 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Just wanted to update the second date situation.

He finally kissed me on our second date last night.

It happened around 130am on the south side of the National Building Museum while we were slow dancing in the street and listening to Nora Jones underneath the stars. There was no traffic, a police SUV passed us by without a word.

No we weren't drinking, we don't drink, that's just what I like to do, dance in the street. He follows. We kissed more on the median of F street.
Yay! You don't sound all that socially inept to me.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:48 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yay! You don't sound all that socially inept to me.
Yeah I guess I don't feel that way with him. Then again, I've been in group therapy for people with anxiety and dysfunctional families and whatnot where the psychologist is helping us to learn relationship skills and feelings and comfort in vulnerability and risk. So I think that has helped. Maybe my opinion of myself is harsher than I am.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:33 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
By the way, date three was yesterday. Dinner and then I went shopping while he pushed the cart and carried everything. He stayed at my new apartment where we slept on the floor (technically, I slept on a yoga mat with a pillow and he slept on a bare wooden floor) because the bed doesn't come until today. No sex, no grinding, no nudity, no privates touching, just kissing and holding.

But now I am desiring sex with him and thinking about whether I would want a family with him.

I have doubts. I guess it means it won't last. He's a gentleman and really likes me a lot, is a good kisser, but what keeps biting me is that he lied about his height in his profile (claimed 5'11;is 5'7-5'8). I'm deeply attracted to tall chubby men. He's chubby but more like very excessive is him, and not tall at all. And he is unambitious. Dropped out of college and settled into being an airline ramp worker. I don't discriminate on a man's job but he lied about that on his profile too and had on a shirt and tie in his pics like that's his normal attire.

Every date we've been on, he's worn the same sweatshirt, never dress nicely. Yesterday was an unplanned meet up for us because I wanted to go shopping and get dinner before so just thought to invite him, see how he is in his everyday gear. I wore just a plain and casual long sleeved cotton Ralph Lauren sweater with dark skinny stretch jeans with running shoes (I had packed and moved into my new place, so comfort clothes) , no makeup and no jewelry, no perfumes. He was wearing same sweatshirt and was smelly like he had not had any hygiene. This how he is in everyday life when he doesn't expect to go out in public with me? And don't have a car so we on the metro and he stinking and looking like wtf AND he had just come from working... Just no effort into himself at all.

Nobody's perfect but in a new girlfriend you kinda spruce yourself up a little more I would think. I had him take a shower fa' sho'. Then he just isn't very intelligent and I suspect is lying about having traveled to supposedly many different countries on his profile and what he told me on our second date when I was asking about it. I just feel like the guy lied on his profile and I'm not feeling it.

So I'm feeling like he's not what I'm looking for.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:20 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
By the way, date three was yesterday. Dinner and then I went shopping while he pushed the cart and carried everything. He stayed at my new apartment where we slept on the floor (technically, I slept on a yoga mat with a pillow and he slept on a bare wooden floor) because the bed doesn't come until today. No sex, no grinding, no nudity, no privates touching, just kissing and holding.

But now I am desiring sex with him and thinking about whether I would want a family with him.

I have doubts. I guess it means it won't last. He's a gentleman and really likes me a lot, is a good kisser, but what keeps biting me is that he lied about his height in his profile (claimed 5'11;is 5'7-5'8). I'm deeply attracted to tall chubby men. He's chubby but more like very excessive is him, and not tall at all. And he is unambitious. Dropped out of college and settled into being an airline ramp worker. I don't discriminate on a man's job but he lied about that on his profile too and had on a shirt and tie in his pics like that's his normal attire.

Every date we've been on, he's worn the same sweatshirt, never dress nicely. Yesterday was an unplanned meet up for us because I wanted to go shopping and get dinner before so just thought to invite him, see how he is in his everyday gear. I wore just a plain and casual long sleeved cotton Ralph Lauren sweater with dark skinny stretch jeans with running shoes (I had packed and moved into my new place, so comfort clothes) , no makeup and no jewelry, no perfumes. He was wearing same sweatshirt and was smelly like he had not had any hygiene. This how he is in everyday life when he doesn't expect to go out in public with me? And don't have a car so we on the metro and he stinking and looking like wtf AND he had just come from working... Just no effort into himself at all.

Nobody's perfect but in a new girlfriend you kinda spruce yourself up a little more I would think. I had him take a shower fa' sho'. Then he just isn't very intelligent and I suspect is lying about having traveled to supposedly many different countries on his profile and what he told me on our second date when I was asking about it. I just feel like the guy lied on his profile and I'm not feeling it.

Lmao! This guy went from 10 on the first post to 1 after reading this. I know it wasn't meant to be funny but I found myself laughing at how he turned out.
Sorry he didn't work out.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:17 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:

I think you should give him another shot. I mean, you guys started off dancing in the streets and twirling and stuff, and now you're going to let this beautiful beginning of a storybook romance end because you think he's too short and has potential hygiene issues?

Old 10-26-2015, 08:23 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think you should give him another shot. I mean, you guys started off dancing in the streets and twirling and stuff, and now you're going to let this beautiful beginning of a storybook romance end because you think he's too short and has potential hygiene issues?
He also has a crappy job, lied about things on his profile, can't dress, and is chubbier than she thought he would be. I'm surprised she still wants to f*** him. Personally if I were her I would pass-it seems like she may want a man with a better career, that doesn't lie, and that cares about personal presentation(hygiene and dress). I think the height is negotiable but everything else seems like things that would become annoying later down the road.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:54 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Another example of a woman who is starting out with a guy with a bunch of red flags (integrity being the number one flag her), yet is going to keep seeing him.

When you wonder why things went south, come back and read this thread.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:46 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Another example of a woman who is starting out with a guy with a bunch of red flags (integrity being the number one flag her), yet is going to keep seeing him.

When you wonder why things went south, come back and read this thread.
What red flag was there on the first date other than his height not being stated correctly?

Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:

you don't need to be intelligent to travel the world.

However, no shower = no respect = deal breaker.

Anyhow, see it positive: you got your feet wet, learned a little and will be more relaxed at the next first date!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships