Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 02:29 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
If you think anything less, then you're part of the problem. No man should be free to walk the streets after attempting to rape someone. He has proven himself a menace to society at that point.

Rape changes the victim's life. After it happens, she will never be the same again. It takes away the life she has had and replaces it with one in which she must carry the memory of the savagery of it around with her until the end of her days.

If a man takes away a woman's life as she knows it, then society needs to take away his life as he knows it, and not afford him any further opportunities to do it to someone else.
One. I agree with everything about rape that has been said against it. Their are no excuses.
Two. You missed the point completely in what I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 02:37 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Its not insane, making a statement that rape is wrong no matter what is meaningless because its already illegal. The issues are with all the culture issues going on surrounding "rape issues".

Quote:
THANK YOU!

Unbelievable. Absolutely unfreakingbelievable, the insanity on this thread.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:38 PM

So then why do you think there is a increase in rape and rape related issues? If you don't understand why its happening then you cant hope to solve the problem. Maybe men need to be taught to lower their standards until they finally get some play. Maybe prostitution needs to be legalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. We have a single poster on here that is trying to blame rape on feminism and almost every other poster - men and women - refuting that. He keeps talking about how if a woman sleeps with a bunch of men, then the men that she refuses to sleep with might end up raping her because she is being cruel to them.

This isn't a men against women thing. This is one poster trying to blame rape (as if it's a new concept) on women and feminism.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
If you think anything less, then you're part of the problem. No man should be free to walk the streets after attempting to rape someone. He has proven himself a menace to society at that point, and he WILL do it again.

Rape changes the victim's life. After it happens, she will never be the same again. It takes away the life she has had and replaces it with one in which she must carry the memory of the savagery of it around with her until the end of her days.

If a man takes away a woman's life as she knows it, then society needs to take away his life as he knows it, and not afford him any further opportunities to do it to someone else.

You're point is well taken.

On the flip side, a false rape charge changes a man's life for the worse and he will never be the same again.

If you are going to be fair, the same should be done to women who falsely accuse men or rape so these women have no further opportunities to do the same thing to someone else.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:44 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post

On the flip side, a false rape charge changes a man's life for the worse and he will never be the same again.

If you are going to be fair, the same should be done to women who falsely accuse men or rape so these women have no further opportunities to do the same thing to someone else.
I was about to post this as well.

Even if the male ends up being found properly innocent, the damage is usually done at that point.

In that case, the woman deserves to have her life ruined as well by going to prison for a long time for falsifying a rape charge.

If you want there to be equality, then that's how it should be.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:47 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
So? I think everyone should be discussing it with him until he understands why what he is saying is so disturbing. I don't understand why it is bothering you.
Will he ever? I doubt it. That is the problem.

That others are getting offended that people are reacting to what is surely a sign of sociopathy speaks volumes about them. Should their wife, mother, or daughter ever be a rape victim, we'll see how they feel about it then. Same for if they are ever rape victims. Rapists rape men, too. We just don't hear about it as much, but we should. There's a reason the Gimp scene in Pulp Fiction had some guys throwing up. So many men were freaked out by that, and it was quite a topic of discussion at the time, with male viewers getting an inkling of what women are taught to fear from the time they are old enough to understand.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
So then why do you think there is a increase in rape and rape related issues? If you don't understand why its happening then you cant hope to solve the problem. Maybe men need to be taught to lower their standards until they finally get some play. Maybe prostitution needs to be legalized.
Can you show me why you believe that there is an increase in rape? Everything that I can see has it going down - and I would assume that this is partly because people have made it an issue.

And I still don't understand why you are saying that men rape because easy women won't sleep with them. Rape isn't about sex. Rape isn't sex. Rape is about power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post

I think that goes with out being said. A liar who ruins someone's life is a horrible person and should be punished.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:50 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I was about to post this as well.

Even if the male ends up being found properly innocent, the damage is usually done at that point.

In that case, the woman deserves to have her life ruined as well by going to prison for a long time for falsifying a rape charge.

If you want there to be equality, then that's how it should be.
I have absolutely no disagreement with that.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:53 PM

But they are not, that's the issue. If he is found innocent she should automatically serve what his sentence would have been, which is usually 20 years or more. That will never happen, women will always be treated with kid gloves.

Quote:
Can you show me why you believe that there is an increase in rape? Everything that I can see has it going down - and I would assume that this is partly because people have made it an issue.

And I still don't understand why you are saying that men rape because easy women won't sleep with them. Rape isn't about sex. Rape isn't sex. Rape is about power.

I think that goes with out being said. A liar who ruins someone's life is a horrible person and should be punished.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:54 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post

Women still had a choice in who they married, no one was holding any guns to anyones head.
No gun, but limited work options. Teacher, nurse, secretary..... A societal gun if you will.

Sorry some guys think they have it bad, today's life is so hard on you. I'm going to bow down and kiss my husband's feet when he gets home for not having any of your views.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships