Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 03:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Spoilers: I am a man and I was raped twice in my adolescence. It's not a female problem.
That's inciting that all sexual predators who force themsleves on to others or mainupilate another will is only males, which is laughable.

I have also been subject to the thinking that because it aroused me to be touched that I must have wanted it or since I am a man it must have been nice to score (assumptions) by the opposite sex.

I take offense with the secular thinking that equality only contains one view point, and to be equal we must focus on only our own plights and not think of the oppositions position.

I have nothing to do with what pit is talking about, he is talking for himself.
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

I'm not sure what you mean about the plight of the opposition. You think we should have sympathy for the rapists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 03:35 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Stuff dealing with pre-pubescent little kids is a whole other ball game.
You may want to do a little Google on e meaning of adolescence and not assume it was between two younger participants

Old 10-23-2015, 03:47 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Quote:
Spoilers: I am a man and I was raped twice in my adolescence.

It's not just a female issue.

This way of thinking is inciting that all sexual predators who force themsleves on to others or mainupilate another will are only males, which is laughable and exposes the hold gender bias has on many people.

I have been and suffered from being subject to the thinking that because it aroused me to be touched that I must have wanted it or since I am a man it must have been nice to score or be wanted (assumptions) by the opposite sex.

The second time law enforce the was involved and "suprise" I was never taken seriously becuase my of my position as a male..as in I must have been the one to incite or wanted it to happen to have something like that take place.

I take offense with the singular ways of thought that equality only contains one view point, and to be equal we must focus on only our own plights and not think of the oppositions position as well.

I have nothing to do with what pit is talking about, he is speaking for himself.
What happened to you is equally unforgivable.

But it begs the question of who is saying that because you are a man it must have been nice to score or be wanted. While I have no doubt you've heard it from (some very stupid) women, my guess is that you heard it more from men, and that the police in question were men. In very general terms, I do think women have more sympathy and empathy for men who were raped than men do, simply because girls and women are made aware of the concept of rape much earlier and much more frequently than boys and men are--although that will change as time goes on with all children receiving education on improper touching.

And it does not negate the fact that well over 90% of rapists are male.

One In Four USA

Quote:
For female rape survivors, 98.1% of the time a man was the perpetrator (Black, Basile, Breiding, Smith, Walters, & Merrick, 2011.)

For male rape survivors, 93% of the time, a man was the perpetrator (Black, Basile, Breiding, Smith, Walters, & Merrick, 2011).

Old 10-23-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

I'm not sure what you mean about the plight of the opposition. You think we should have sympathy for the rapists?
No.

I mean in general.
The relating to whole rights movement and general ways of equating how to achieve an equal focus. The act of Focusing solely on our own and not taking the others in to consideration unless it needs be to further own own agenda.

The hypocrisy in thinking that to further our own we must not consider the other. That's not achieving equality, that is breeding what you claim to fight against, it's becoming what you hate.

When I say (you) I do not mean "you" in specific dew. I mean in a broad sense IE: if you are one to do this or does this.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
What happened to you is equally unforgivable.

But it begs the question of who is saying that because you are a man it must have been nice to score or be wanted. While I have no doubt you've heard it from (some very stupid) women, my guess is that you heard it more from men, and that the police in question were men. In very general terms, I do think women have more sympathy and empathy for men who were raped than men do, simply because girls and women are made aware of the concept of rape much earlier and much more frequently than boys and men are--although that will change as time goes on with all children receiving education on improper touching.

And it does not negate the fact that over 90% of rapists are male.

One In Four USA
Welcome to gender bias from another point of view.
I heard it from all sides, male and female.

We are equally as stupid in our own ways as far as that is concerned between the genders.

If I tell the story today and choose to leave my personal feelings out of it I still get he assumptions that it was a beneficial or mutually great thing to have happen

Accusations where not taken seriously. People would listen, but since the line of thinking is such that females can't rape males or if their was arousale it must mean they wanted it.

It's no different that the thinking if she had an orgasm during rape she must have enjoyed it, so she must have wanted it...which, as you probably understand is silly.

Also not to discredit that more females are raped every year than males, Stats are nice but they can only report what is reported...
Numbers do not account for bias inherant in us, They are a numerical value based on what we choose to record.

I was also "properly" educated as a child on sexuality. It was never taboo in our home or our school system.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:05 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
I didn't, I assumed it was an adult or a post pubescent person and a pre-pubuecent person. I also dislike when they treat a guy that slept with a 17 year old like he slept with a 3 year old just because of bogus legal definitions. you are either pre or post pubescent.

Quote:
You may want to do a little Google on e meaning of adolescence and not assume it was between two younger participants

Old 10-23-2015, 04:18 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Yep that's the issue, a woman can cost a man a lot and end up paying very little.

It's a different offense. Rape and false accusation sentences are not gender specific.

Talking to you is like clapping with one hand. ~ Anthrax
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-23-2015, 04:27 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's a different offense. Rape and false accusation sentences are not gender specific.

LOL, great line.. I'm gonna have to steal that one... I'm pretty familiar with a lot of Anthrax's stuff and I don't recall that line... LOL, but either way, good stuff.

Yeah, there are a handful of people here on the forum that I've given up answering... they have their talking points script fully cemented into their lizard brains and won't deviate one tiny bit.

Lost causes... these same azzhats are gonna wake up at 79 on their death beds wondering where the hell their lives went...

Sad....

Old 10-23-2015, 04:48 PM

I wont be wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, great line.. I'm gonna have to steal that one... I'm pretty familiar with a lot of Anthrax's stuff and I don't recall that line... LOL, but either way, good stuff.

Yeah, there are a handful of people here on the forum that I've given up answering... they have their talking points script fully cemented into their lizard brains and won't deviate one tiny bit.

Lost causes... these same azzhats are gonna wake up at 79 on their death beds wondering where the hell their lives went...

Sad....

Old 10-23-2015, 04:52 PM

This is part of the reason a lot of men don't care and don't want to get involved with an event/situation. A man is looking at 20+ year, tens of thousands in defense, loss of academic pursuits, career, etc.

A woman gets community service. I don't know how you don't get why so many man don't care and/or checked out and don't want to help women do anything about the situation unless specifically compelled to do so due to their position in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships