Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 07:32 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times

Advertisements

Finally a thread I can really use!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 07:39 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Even if you weren't on the drugs, it would be a good idea to wait 5 or 6 months before going out and hitting on girls anyway.

I never understood the need for people to get out of a relationship and then get right back out there into the mix so fast. Being alone for a while is good for you.
I agree with this, some people just can't be by themselves not even for a minute seems like.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:42 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Dude.

Just wait.

Heal.

Be whole. Then date.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:49 PM

513 posts, read 429,049 times
Wait until you're fully ready to date and have recovered from your injury.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:09 AM

220 posts, read 174,524 times
Thanks for the responses. I think I'm just going to wait it out because I have a lot of physical pain right now, along with leftover emotional pain from the break up.

It's just tough I guess because all of my friends can go out all the time and don't have any grief or medical issues. I guess it's just another trial for me that I know I can get over, in time.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:11 AM

220 posts, read 174,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Stay home, then. Rest. Let the drugs work. Sounds like you need something for anxiety, too.
Out of curiosity what makes you think that about anxiety? Surprisingly my anxiety is actually pretty low right now and I've heard that anxiety meds can be a really addicting thing.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:15 AM

818 posts, read 916,916 times
Don't worry about meeting anyone new now. Stick with close friends that understand your situation
You only get one shot at a first impression. Now sounds like you might not give a very good one....

Old 10-24-2015, 05:03 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
Out of curiosity what makes you think that about anxiety? Surprisingly my anxiety is actually pretty low right now and I've heard that anxiety meds can be a really addicting thing.
Anxiety is not necessarily about feeling tense. You've been gnawing on the same old hang ups and posting about the same set of issues for quite some time. There are drugs for that too.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:15 AM

49 posts, read 110,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
So my gf broke up with me 2 months ago. I'm still not completely whole and miss her still a little but I've taken all of the steps to move on. Defriending on fb, deleting contact info...etc.

I'm ready to meet new girls and find what else is out there but there's a caveat: I have occipital neuralgia that was triggered by a head injury. It's like a permanent migraine. I have to take some pretty heavy (prescription) drugs for at least the next several months to heal the nerves and minimize the pain. The drugs make me fatigued, sedated, spacey, and almost zombie like at times among other things.

I really want to go out with friends but lack the motivation and energy to do so is really getting to me; I don't want to sit at home and wait 5 months before I get to start getting myself out there again.

What is a good way to meet girls like this? Or should I just stick out the course and worry about that after?
I'm surprised you have to ask. Personally, a man who can't enjoy his own company and can't be without a woman, is a very unattractive trait.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:20 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I never understood the need for people to get out of a relationship and then get right back out there into the mix so fast. Being alone for a while is good for you.
Your biological drive to have sex does not know and does not care about this. People get back out there because they need to have sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships