Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 03:07 AM

271 posts, read 157,146 times

Advertisements

So, my boyfriends Bulgarian parents are visiting us in London for two weeks for Christmas and New Year.

I'm dreading it to be honest because they speak absolutely no English, and they will be staying in some tiny room (in a strangers house because we can't accommodate them in our room) and I don't know how we are going to spend Christmas day and New Year. They also have never left Bulgaria and everything here in London will be incredibly expensive for them. For example a pint of milk will cost them the equivalent of 6 USD and a coffee the equivalent of 12.33 USD.

So last night, my boyfriend was like I hope you haven't told your family or anyone that my parents are visiting for Christmas and New Year, because I know your family will want to meet and see them. And I told him that I haven't told my parents oo family yet... And then he's like "Well, my parents don't speak any English" and goes on to mention something like both of our families meeting wouldn't work.

I found his response a bit UGH.

Our families have never met each other, even though we've being together for three years and my boyfriend and I spent a year living with my parents and I spent two summers staying with his parents.

I mean, how does he think I'm going to spend these two weeks, and Christmas and New Year tagging along with his parents or what...? I'm going to feel so very bored, and uninvolved and lonely! When he's around his parents he acts as if I don't exist, and always, always just puts me to the side. I don't think this is going to work for me either!

I don't know... what do you guys think?

Where will they cook? How will they communicate with the people they are staying with? How are me and my boyfriend going to have a nice, relaxing break?

Last edited by palmtrees099; 10-23-2015 at 03:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
If you break up with him, none of this will be your problem.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:40 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
If it gets too much then take a road trip.

He probably won't even know you're gone.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:09 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,061,004 times
Didn't you already post about this?

Old 10-23-2015, 05:18 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
I knew we were overdue for an update on 'As The World Stagnates And Complains' ' latest episode.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:27 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
So, my boyfriends Bulgarian parents are visiting us in London for two weeks for Christmas and New Year.

I'm dreading it to be honest because they speak absolutely no English, and they will be staying in some tiny room (in a strangers house because we can't accommodate them in our room) and I don't know how we are going to spend Christmas day and New Year. They also have never left Bulgaria and everything here in London will be incredibly expensive for them. For example a pint of milk will cost them the equivalent of 6 USD and a coffee the equivalent of 12.33 USD.

So last night, my boyfriend was like I hope you haven't told your family or anyone that my parents are visiting for Christmas and New Year, because I know your family will want to meet and see them. And I told him that I haven't told my parents oo family yet... And then he's like "Well, my parents don't speak any English" and goes on to mention something like both of our families meeting wouldn't work.

I found his response a bit UGH.

Our families have never met each other, even though we've being together for three years and my boyfriend and I spent a year living with my parents and I spent two summers staying with his parents.

I mean, how does he think I'm going to spend these two weeks, and Christmas and New Year tagging along with his parents or what...? I'm going to feel so very bored, and uninvolved and lonely! When he's around his parents he acts as if I don't exist, and always, always just puts me to the side. I don't think this is going to work for me either!

Where will they cook? How will they communicate with the people they are staying with? How are me and my boyfriend going to have a nice, relaxing break?
You won't.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:38 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Don't you realize that you are WAAAY down on his list of priorities? He's leaving you to fend for yourself over the holidays. Knowing this, either break up now (as you probably should have already), go on your own vacation, or generally find another place to stay. You're both way too immature to be in this relationship.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:42 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Your boyfriend is going to spend the holidays focused on his family, you'll be bored and lonely and ignored x and will post about it here.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:15 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
Absolutely!! And please post on the aftermath. If you aren't going to listen to anyone's advice, then you might as well entertain us with your stories.

Sorry if that seems mean but at a certain point, enough is enough.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:21 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Didn't you already post about this?

Yup

Quote:
Re-read your other posts and the advice given

Quote:
Where will they cook?
Not your concern.

Quote:
How will they communicate with the people they are staying with?
Not your concern

Quote:
How are me and my boyfriend going to have a nice, relaxing break?
You won't you selfish ahem.

1)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships