Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 08:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Ok come to walmart with me. I will prove it to you. I attract crazy people and don't even need to open my mouth.
I don't go to WalMart. That cuts down on this problem.

Also... crazy people flock to anyone.

They're crazy.

You ignore them. You don't invite them home to spend the night while you do their laundry.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Not many men interested in raising your kids.
It isn't impossible to get married as a single mom, but you cannot go at it with the mindset of "looking for a daddy for the kids."

You have to meet someone who is nice to your kids, is fine with being a stepparent, but is ultimately someone who likes you enough to overlook the extra baggage that comes with marrying a parent.

It is not at all impossible, but daddy shopping? Not gonna turn out well.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:14 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Ok come to walmart with me. I will prove it to you. I attract crazy people and don't even need to open my mouth.

Dysfunction seeks out dysfunction. Dysfunctional people can sniff out others who are also dysfunctional. Attracting these kinds of people is a good gauge of where you are regarding this.

When you quit attracting crazy dysfunctional people into your life will be the time you will know you have moved into a more healthy state. Only after that happens will you start to attract the non-dysfunctional guys into your life. That's when you should think about settling down with a life partner, not before. Anything before that will just be more dysfunction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 10:01 AM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Is it possible he is with you because you are there, it is convenient, he didn't have to do much to impress you or put ANY effort into the relationship? I am not sure if I express myself correctly to bring my point across.

Example: I have a lot of coworkers hitting on me. Not because I am so great (wellll ...) but because it is convenient, we have the same culture (they are also German) and they are too lazy to go out and find a woman. Why not take what's right in front of them?

If he would be totally crazy for you, he would do whatever it takes to live with you and see you more often.
You have nailed it. She is a convienience and he knows she is desperate enough to put up with it. It's a shame.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:14 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
From another post:

Quote:
I recently made small talk and was polite to a man that tried to kill me. Do I wish him out of my life? Absolutely. But it does no one any good for me to be vengeful and nasty to him. He is damaged and does not need me to point it out. Find the good in people even if it is really hard to spot.
Another reason people act crazy to you. Because you let them get their foot in the door. That's all they need... just the first step and they will take care of the rest.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
From another post:

Another reason people act crazy to you. Because you let them get their foot in the door. That's all they need... just the first step and they will take care of the rest.
Lol

"Well, hey, Jethro. How's it going? Still got that shotgun?"

Old 03-15-2016, 04:00 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
From another post:

We share a child and the courts force me to keep him in my life.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
We share a child and the courts force me to keep him in my life.
I share kids with my ex and I haven't spoken to him in person in years. He gets the kids every other weekend, but not from me.

If we MUST communicate, it is via email or text. That is also rare.

Basically, if you really wanted to avoid him, you could.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:08 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I share kids with my ex and I haven't spoken to him in person in years. He gets the kids every other weekend, but not from me.

If we MUST communicate, it is via email or text. That is also rare.

Basically, if you really wanted to avoid him, you could.
Not that's it any of your business..I am the only one that can do the switch. We were in court with our lawyers present. The judge frowns upon me ignoring him. I try to but rules are different these days

Old 03-15-2016, 04:13 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Not that's it any of your business..I am the only one that can do the switch. We were in court with our lawyers present. The judge frowns upon me ignoring him. I try to but rules are different these days
Well to be frank, any time you put something online, it becomes the world's business, since you have put it out there. And people will comment and judge. It comes with the territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships