Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 02:46 PM

58 posts, read 51,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
You keep alluding to light bruises, which indicates you did participate in the abuse as a victim as well as a perpetrator.
Also, since you failed to pursue prosecution in this case, he will rise above the rumors and have a happy life because you only upset his current situation not his future one. But you'll be crazy enough to stalk him to check up on him to see how he is doing. Those are the actions of a obsessed stalker who is in love. Love and hate can exist simultaneously, especially if one feels the person they love wronged them.
OMG, I said IF I had hit him (which I did not!) the most "damage" I'd be able to do is some light bruising, but since I did not it's irrelevant. I doubt he will, he's a loser now and hated by the community. Even if he goes elsewhere it will go with him.

Also, I do not "check up on him" when I learn something about him it's because someone else that knows him has told me and given me an update. And please STOP with this idea that I still love him it couldn't be further from the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 02:48 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,635 times
You're worse than him, you got what you deserved and you'll probably get more of the same in your next relationship of you're this vindictive.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:57 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez28 View Post
But what I did doesn't deserve something insane like that. I didn't do anything like that.
That's your opinion. Yet someone else might have thought you deserve that. And your opinion is that your ex deserves what you did while someone else might think what you did is insane. You see, that's why we have an established criminal justice system and due process, to apply punishment in a manner and degree that society as a whole has deemed appropriate, not leaving it up to each individual.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:58 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
Quote:
To those here perhaps but not anyone else. So women, even you think no matter how bad a man abuses a woman he should still have a chance at a life? How many men out there have greatly abused women to the point of PTSD but have great careers and a great life today? You think that's okay?

Of course as I am sure you've noticed I am very much an "ends justify the means" type person. If someone hurts someone else and they aren't punished due to technicalities or due to or whatever reason then I do believe it is acceptable to MAKE SURE they pay the price they deserved. He abused me for a long time, why DOESN'T a man that hurts women deserve to be cast out of society? And again, why is that a man that people think is racist looked down upon more than a man that abuses women?? WHY???
Then you were stupid not to have stopped it way before it got that out of hand. With your mouth, mindset, and meaness you may have brought some of this on yourself. Neither of you looks like winners nor good in relationships. Sorry no sympathy here.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:47 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
Quote:
Are you a male apologist by chance? Sure sounds that way. You REALLY want to compare men hitting women to women hitting men? Seriously?? For one thing a woman unless she has a weapon can't even do anywhere near the same damage, and women hitting men isn't anywhere NEAR the rate men abuse women. Also men can easily get away. Or are you seriously saying if you punched your man in the face it would be perfectly fine for him to do the same to you?

I also never said that I'm trying to "fight" anything, merely stating the facts.

When he was able to get out just a day after after I was beaten bloody I saw that trying to charge him was pointless. You really think if we lived in a just society where a justice system works men that hit women would be able to do so? It's downright sick! So yes I'd rather deal with seeing him burn then wasting all the time and money and having to confront him in court just to get a few months in jail at worst.

Love him? Whatever, I could walk by and watch someone light him on fire and I wouldn't help.
So according to what you just said above 'I saw trying to charge him was pointless'. If you didn't press charges there was no reason to hold. You didn't want to as if push came to shove you could have appeared innocent once again. Sounds like he walked due to you. Going to watch TV now as this is short of ridiculous.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
What made you think it was OK for him to emotionally abuse you? Were you used to that kind of treatment in your past?
She certainly seems to thrive on negative attention.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:32 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
OK OP you have made your point. Yes, sometimes women do attract and stay with abusers. And sometimes those women are just as bad as the abusers. Point taken.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:29 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Quote:
When people deserve punishment I don't give a damn about morals and ethics. They are all arbitrary anyway. So what if by others standards I "stooped down to his level"? I don't care if I have to get on my knees, so long as he suffers that's all that matters to me. Not just for me but for all the other women that have been abused only to be laughed in their faces by our justice system by giving paltry sentences or even getting in trouble for it at all.
Who in the HELL made you judge/jury/executioner???? I'm very much against domestic violence and I can understand your calling the cops and having the lowlife arrested. But that you spread all the **** about him, caused him to lose his job, his home, everything he had...you're just as bad as him!!!
What goes around, comes around. You're gonna meet a guy one day, and he's gonna make your life a living hell - without even laying a hand on you!!!

Old 10-25-2015, 05:20 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
I used to date a guy who was really sweet, but had this weird vigilante thing going on.

You sound like him OP, except without the sweet part.

He felt like he should arm himself and patrol the streets because the police were useless.

A bit like that Zimmerman guy.

What he didn't realize is, the Thin Blue Line is pretty much all that separates us from total anarchy, and should be upheld for the benefit of all.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:35 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,213 times
Any update OP? Are you still alive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships