Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:25 PM

58 posts, read 51,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Any update OP? Are you still alive?
Yeah, still here. Posting a similar thread in another part of the forum made me think of this. I mainly left due to all the negativity I was given. I still don't feel the least bit sad for what I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 12:54 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez28 View Post
I am 28 and was with an abusive man for over a year, but within the last 3 months he stepped up his abuse. Before he may push and shove and yell but in the last 3 months he started actually hitting/punching me, violently shoving me into walls etc. Well at one point he hit me so hard he broke my nose and gave me a concussion which I managed to call the cops and he was arrested but was released THE NEXT DAY! It's really insane how little our justice system actually gives a damn about protecting women, huh? If they really wanted to any man arrested hitting/beating a woman would get instant 10+ years of hard labor, but that requires men and cops actually giving a damn about women which they don't.

So knowing my ex (I broke up with him immediately after) won't get the shame and ridicule any man that hurts a woman deserve I came up with a plan to. Now we live in a small town where everyone knows everyone's business, and is incredibly easy to get people to believe something even if it's not true.

So what I started doing is spreading the idea that my ex was a white supremacist and a member of the KKK. Boy, it didn't take long at all before he started being shunned. He ended up losing his job, denied service, and even once as he was walking out of a bar got beat by 3 men, he could barely walk and his face was seriously messed up.

I actually called him at his apartment laughing telling him he deserves everything. He demanded I tell the truth but I told him I hope he dies an excruciating death by brain cancer. He lost his apartment soon after and moved to another town but I am sure word will spread there as well. Now I'm sure those will be saying even for what he did he didn't deserve it, but I disagree. Had he actually been given an actual punishment I wouldn't have. And don't get me wrong, I abhore the KKK and the like as well, but I think it's egregious and says a lot about how our society truly values women that a man that people think is a white supremacist/KKK member is worse than a man that hits/beats a woman.

I don't feel the least bit bad about it, and I would throw a party if I found out he had some cancer that makes him die a slow excruciating death.
What type of woman is going to spend more time and energy making up lies about someone that is supposedly beating on them then they would spend going to authorities to report the actual abuse? How much time and energy was spent contacting authorities/seeking help? Zero! This entire story is BS in my opinion.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:22 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
You're just as bad as him from the sounds of it.

Birds of a feather...

Old 02-11-2016, 01:41 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:

So what I started doing is spreading the idea that my ex was a white supremacist and a member of the KKK. Boy, it didn't take long at all before he started being shunned. He ended up losing his job, denied service, and even once as he was walking out of a bar got beat by 3 men, he could barely walk and his face was seriously messed up.

I actually called him at his apartment laughing telling him he deserves everything. He demanded I tell the truth but I told him I hope he dies an excruciating death by brain cancer. He lost his apartment soon after and moved to another town but I am sure word will spread there as well. Now I'm sure those will be saying even for what he did he didn't deserve it, but I disagree. Had he actually been given an actual punishment I wouldn't have. And don't get me wrong, I abhore the KKK and the like as well, but I think it's egregious and says a lot about how our society truly values women that a man that people think is a white supremacist/KKK member is worse than a man that hits/beats a woman.

I don't feel the least bit bad about it, and I would throw a party if I found out he had some cancer that makes him die a slow excruciating death.

Karma is going to come back on you in a big, big way.

You were the one that stayed there after the first time he hit you. That part is on YOU. I'm kinda glad the guy got his blows in while he could, after reading this.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:05 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Two wrongs don't make a right. You behaved badly, and by doing so, you lowered yourself to his level and you prolonged the relationship with him.

You need to take some responsibility for your bad "man picker" and learn from the experience. You compromised your better judgment when you partnered yourself with this loser. You know the signs were there, but you chose to ignore them or overlook them, so own it.

Being happy without him, is your best revenge.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:08 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
I am 28 and was with an abusive man for over a year, but within the last 3 months he stepped up his abuse. Before he may push and shove and yell but in the last 3 months he started actually hitting/punching me, violently shoving me into walls etc. Well at one point he hit me so hard he broke my nose and gave me a concussion which I managed to call the cops and he was arrested but was released THE NEXT DAY! It's really insane how little our justice system actually gives a damn about protecting women, huh? If they really wanted to any man arrested hitting/beating a woman would get instant 10+ years of hard labor, but that requires men and cops actually giving a damn about women which they don't.

So knowing my ex (I broke up with him immediately after) won't get the shame and ridicule any man that hurts a woman deserve I came up with a plan to. Now we live in a small town where everyone knows everyone's business, and is incredibly easy to get people to believe something even if it's not true.

bolded

I hope your ex didn't read this, because A more realistic concern may be that this person would try to sue you for slander.

He would have to prove that the statements (him being the member of kkk) were false and that he suffered actual harm from them. But, You basically admit you lied about him and obviously, he suffered from real damages (loss of a job and all that)

Man, hope you have lots $$$ to burn if he found out. He has a win win case in his hands.

by the way, the first time he hit you (if he actually did), you could have called police and thrown him in jail. He would get what the deserved.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-11-2016 at 02:17 PM..

Old 02-11-2016, 02:45 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. You behaved badly, and by doing so, you lowered yourself to his level and you prolonged the relationship with him.
I agree with this.

Even though he got what he deserved, it doesn't make you look good.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:47 PM

714 posts, read 747,026 times
I've always said I would kill myself if I ever actually hit a woman. If he would've, you would not have had the chance to do all that stuff to ruin him.

I can't fault an abused woman for doing anything to get even. You dealt with physical abuse for a long period of time, he should be shunned and beaten regularly.

Who knows what he would've done if you hadn't done that, you could be hurt much worse. I doubt he was just going to forgive, move on, and stop beating women...

Old 02-11-2016, 03:28 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Karma is going to come back on you in a big, big way.

You were the one that stayed there after the first time he hit you. That part is on YOU. I'm kinda glad the guy got his blows in while he could, after reading this.

Think about what we know of her and her life.

I would say karma is already visiting, and is planning to stay.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-11-2016, 05:33 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,098 times
Quote:
I am 28 and was with an abusive man for over a year,
Quote:

I find it disturbing how many women here are so nonchalant about this.
I find it disturbing you choose to stay with this man over a year. At the first sign it was time to get out.

I grew up in a dysfunctional family--I had a sense it was not normal. I remember having a date with this guy one night that got really angry about something. He was kind of telling me angrily what to do. I was shocked. Bye-bye. Who needs that crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships