Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:29 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
ahem....because my sex swing has a weight/height requirement, doh

Lol
Oh my...

Well it's time I admit the truth. HC is the only guy on this thread who's a bigger catch than I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 06:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Oh my...

Well it's time I admit the truth. HC is the only guy on this thread who's a bigger catch than I.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:01 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Oh my...

I may have to agree

Old 10-24-2015, 10:03 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
Like a driver's license?
Well good idea but not exactly. I was referring to other strategies like complementing her on her outfit and then playing stupid and pretend like you don't know diddly squat about women's dress sizes and need to buy a dress as a present for a lady friend or relative but are not sure which size because her weight is such amount and maybe the lady you are talking to will voluntarily tell you her weight and her dress size to help you figure what size to buy.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:42 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well good idea but not exactly. I was referring to other strategies like complementing her on her outfit and then playing stupid and pretend like you don't know diddly squat about women's dress sizes and need to buy a dress as a present for a lady friend or relative but are not sure which size because her weight is such amount and maybe the lady you are talking to will voluntarily tell you her weight and her dress size to help you figure what size to buy.
But why would you ever need to know how much she weighs? Can anyone answer this for me? I mean - if you are looking at her and you like what you see - why do you need to know how much she weighs? I've usually known how much my boyfriends have weighed after I've been with them for awhile - but I didn't really care. And I never knew how much any of the guys I just dated weighed. What difference would it make? Same with height. I can SEE how tall they are. Why do I need to know the number?

Old 10-25-2015, 08:51 AM

491 posts, read 402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
There's a problem with that scenario: no guy buys a dress for a women unless she is his SO, and then he already has access to the sizes, the brands she likes, etc.

AND there's a caveat: women's dress sizes are not uniform. Simply asking a dress size gives you NO information. I have everything in my closet from size 00 to size 6. MOST women wouldn't tell you, and then they would wonder if you were evaluating them for the skin suit that you're sewing at home.

Unless we're having a conversation about height/weight/BMI, or you're a personal trainer, or a pilot with a small plane, or some such, I would be a little skeeved by it, but, whatever.

Not many women are going to voluntarily tell you their weight. There's too much "fat shaming" going on in this society today.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:57 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
But why would you ever need to know how much she weighs? Can anyone answer this for me? I mean - if you are looking at her and you like what you see - why do you need to know how much she weighs? I've usually known how much my boyfriends have weighed after I've been with them for awhile - but I didn't really care. And I never knew how much any of the guys I just dated weighed. What difference would it make? Same with height. I can SEE how tall they are. Why do I need to know the number?
I agree. It's hard to tell how much people weigh from just looking at them. I can't imagine why it would matter, though, unless you're doing like a tandem skydive with them or your kayak only supports a certain weight limit or something, which is a pretty specific kind of scenario.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:57 AM

491 posts, read 402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post

I have no answer for you, Dewdroplet. I can't fathom why I would need to know a guy's weight outside of work unless maybe I wanted to do some activity like a helicopter ride or zip lining and there was a weight limit and I thought he might exceed it... in which case I would either put it off OR feel him out on it and say, "there are certain restrictions, the weight limit is 350, I know you're the biggest defensive end in history, should we do something else?"

If I liked him I just wouldn't care.It would be a non-issue.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:09 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
I'm not getting why you cannot eyeball a person and get an idea about how happy you are with his/her measurements. No, you cannot find out exactly how old a person is without asking, but you can get a rough idea based on appearance.

So, you're out having a drink with someone you find attractive and it turns out he/she is a different age than you guessed. What do you do? Get up and leave?

Sheesh. And so many of you wonder why you struggle with meeting people.

Why not just casually date a person a few times? If age becomes a barrier to a LTR, fine. Just be straight up about it.

People approach dating like it's a quest for immediate perfection. Weird.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:20 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
MOST women wouldn't tell you, and then they would wonder if you were evaluating them for the skin suit that you're sewing at home.
Pretty much this.

(not sure whether to chuckle or shudder at the "skin suit" comment-- but definitely true)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships