Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:47 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Lol. Unfortunately my single friends have the same problems with men that I have. I actually have a friend that is older than me... Never mind I will message you.
Not surprising.

Like attracts like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 05:39 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree with the bolded parts, and sadly to say most men don't place much interest in how "accomplished" a woman is, I mean it's a good thing, but doesn't make the top 10 of things men really look for in a mate.

Job/career is another, I think most men are just happy if they meet a woman that has a decent job and can support herself and isn't drowning in tons and tons of bad debt. I've never once really remember in all of the conversations I've have with other guys them mentioning these types of things.

I think women are bothered by this sentiment from men, but there are things both sexes resent about the other.

I think for most men the core things would be, is she attractive to him, do they get along will, and is there a connection there.

There are others too but those would typically be offshoots of what I just mentioned.
Yeah, pretty much. It (second wave feminism) wasn't started a guy that told women to go and become lawyers and drop several hundred grand on degrees. Nobody told these women to do a complete 180 from what has worked since the beginning of time--that was their own choice. I'm proud of my pieces of paper, but I'm not some materialistic sort who just has to have that in a spouse. Like I've said before, mom and grandma want to know when I'll find that sweet gal to marry and knock out cute (great) grandkids for them with. They've never mentioned anything about finding a future wife who slums along as a lawyer for 70+ hours a week. I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
Here is the key.....just like guys who have looks, career, etc, but are inexperienced and awkward. You will need to come to terms that your lifestyle...collecting welfare and food stamps are very unappealing to men with success. You will need to lower your expectations and hope to find an inexperienced and awkward male who is willing to ignore your past, and be willing to share a future. Or you can ignore what I say and either continue to date ex cons etc.. And never find that top shelf alpha stud you think you can catch. Setting unattainable goals seems to be prevalent in the dating world....
Where do you find those guys? Guys who have all that, unless mentally ill, aren't just...out there.

OP's just not in a position to be picky. Desirable guys get what they want.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:21 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post

Where do you find those guys? Guys who have all that, unless mentally ill, aren't just...out there.

OP's just not in a position to be picky. Desirable guys get what they want.
I personally have never met them, but according to the many posts from guys who can't meet women, there are a lot around. Good looking, successful men who are awkward and inexperienced...I hear the same from the women I know. They will meet someone online, good looking, career, seems to be witty via emails and text. But that's the problem, everyone can appear to be eloquent, witty, charming, etc when you can back space, and take your time to edit. But those people, are going to be awkward in person, they are too used to editorial powers that the online experience gives them. Every female I know, has had at least a couple of men who on the surface were perfect, but at dinner, face to face, were awkward and uncomfortable. They never got more than a date, some never even got to dinner, because face to face conversation was too painful.

Desirable men are the total package, looks and career are just a part of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships