Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 09:41 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
You have to decide if you prefer to be a girls lover or a friend. Those two are almost always kept separate. If you dont decidedly let her know the reason of why you are talking to her, and escalate physical interraction, she will wonder if youre gay and place you squarely in a friend zone. As it happened in this instance. I think your issue is listening to all the wrong people for dating advice. Youre acting according to dating advice that women give and/or traditional dating advice. Both eliminate you from the game. Next time up, try asking a guy who has more tail in a week than you will in the next 10 years, or at your current pace and strategy - a lifetime.
That's gross. The "game", "tail."

Hopefully the OP is looking for an actual relationship and will soundly disregard you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 09:49 PM

565 posts, read 432,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
That's gross. The "game", "tail."

Hopefully the OP is looking for an actual relationship and will soundly disregard you.
Yeah, i see thats wotking out real well for him. Haha

Old 10-25-2015, 09:56 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
You have to decide if you prefer to be a girls lover or a friend. Those two are almost always kept separate. If you dont decidedly let her know the reason of why you are talking to her, and escalate physical interraction, she will wonder if youre gay and place you squarely in a friend zone.
This is so not true. If a woman is not a head case and is somewhat intelligent, being friends with her will not put a guy in the friendzone if she attracted to him in the first place.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah, i see thats wotking out real well for him. Haha
The reason it didn't work for him is that she wasn't into him in the first place. She only wanted an emotional tampon.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
The reason it didn't work for him is that she wasn't into him in the first place. She only wanted an emotional tampon.
Ok, then wouldnt finding that out right away, be a good strategy? Is it better to waste months of your life and then feel cheated, depressed and aweful about the whole deal? Making your intentions clear is always, and i mean always, the right move to make.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
This is so not true. If a woman is not a head case and is somewhat intelligent, being friends with her will not put a guy in the friendzone if she attracted to him in the first place.
If there is a mutual attraction present, then there is no need for that. Becoming friends first is completely unnecrssary.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
If there is a mutual attraction present, then there is no need for that. Becoming friends first is completely unnecrssary.
I didn't say it was necessary to be friends first. I said it's not going to put him in the friendzone if he doesn't make a move soon enough.

The problems with not making a move relatively quickly is that 1) he won't know if she is interested in him 2) someone else could come along and grab her first, not that he will be fz'ed.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:56 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
You have to decide if you prefer to be a girls lover or a friend. Those two are almost always kept separate. If you dont decidedly let her know the reason of why you are talking to her, and escalate physical interraction, she will wonder if youre gay and place you squarely in a friend zone. As it happened in this instance. I think your issue is listening to all the wrong people for dating advice. Youre acting according to dating advice that women give and/or traditional dating advice. Both eliminate you from the game. Next time up, try asking a guy who has more tail in a week than you will in the next 10 years, or at your current pace and strategy - a lifetime.
I agree that women give god awful advice when it comes to men and dating.

At the same token, you're not going to get good advice from guys that are sleeping around either.

By far, I've learned the most lessons from:

1) Men that are married to QUALITY women
2) Sitting back and observing things...watching what people do, as opposed to what they say

Old 10-25-2015, 11:07 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Exactly how is anyone *male or female* supposed to know their opposite sex friend's intentions regarding their friendship *if their opposite sex friend wants more than friendship* when that person does not let he/she know?
Men don't just want to be your friend. They want to have sex with you. You're better off assuming that until you have more information.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I agree that women give god awful advice when it comes to men and dating.

At the same token, you're not going to get good advice from guys that are sleeping around either.

By far, I've learned the most lessons from:

1) Men that are married to QUALITY women
2) Sitting back and observing things...watching what people do, as opposed to what they say
There are plenty of men who know how to attract women. Few are married, most date when they please and whom they please. Plenty of these guys are willing to share the knowledge. Sitting back and observing things works for some, and usually takes a long time. What you end up learning, is exactly what guys who are succesful with the opposite sex will trll you. In this case it would be, make your real intensions known right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships