Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:44 AM

930 posts, read 699,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshap11 View Post
If you are going to be super late, you should pay for the person's meal or drink.
Ok, fair enough. It's a courtesy issue. Personally, I would have walked away due to the extreme tardiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 08:47 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,737,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Hahahaha I DO thinks it's hilarious when you see men trying to impress a lady and the first thing they mention is their job!!!

Example: I was out with one I was seeing last year also with her best friend and she is quite stunning to say the least, and a young smarmy looking bloke approached her in a suit all grinning and his very first words were " I'm an architect can I buy you a drink" !!!! she's said " ok then " he's come back with the drink ( looking all proud likes he's James Bond ) and she's poured it over his shoes and said " right that will teach you! now everyone knows your a highly qualified idiot!! bye!!! "

😂😂😂😂😂😂 I was in agony from laughing so much ( and the entire pub was too LOL ).
Haha, so funny!

The worst part of it all is he was sort of looking down on me because I was a fashion intern at the time. Clearly, my legal qualifications weren't good enough. He seriously thought he was God's gift to women. He was also rather condescending to the staff. He made sure the waiter and I noticed he was the proud owner of a black card. It was nauseating.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
Haha, so funny!

The worst part of it all is he was sort of looking down on me because I was a fashion intern at the time. Clearly, my legal qualifications weren't good enough. He seriously thought he was God's gift to women. He was also rather condescending to the staff. He made sure the waiter and I noticed he was the proud owner of a black card. It was nauseating.
There is all sorts of entitlement in the dating world unfortunately. It's fine if you desire something in particular. It's not so good that you think you deserve something because of this or that.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:52 AM

52 posts, read 53,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
Ok, fair enough. It's a courtesy issue. Personally, I would have walked away due to the extreme tardiness.
This was in my early 20s. The guy was from England visiting and didn't know the area so I put up with it. If this happen now, I would have just left.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:55 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,439,410 times
Nothing really major, though I do remember one date when the bill came she pulled out her wallet and said "oh sorry, all I have is 100's". Not sure if she was trying to impress me or what, I just kind of rolled my eyes as I looked down at the table. I always pay on the first date anyway, though part of me was tempted to let her. In any case, that was the first and only date.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:01 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,737,372 times
Quote:
I ain't gonna lie, it happened to me once. I arrived 30 minutes late on the third date. The worst part is that I was the one who requested to meet up at 5pm. I took far too much time to get ready. He was so mad. It didn't prevent him from being all over me all night but I admit, it was very rude. I'm slightly embarrassed. I had no clue what I was doing at 22. I was a bit less considerate.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I ain't gonna lie, it happened to me once. I arrived 30 minutes late on the third date. The worst part is that I was the one who requested to meet up at 5pm. I took far too much time to get ready. He was so mad. It didn't prevent him from being all over me all night but I admit, it was very rude. I'm slightly embarrassed. I had no clue what I was doing at 22. I was a bit less considerate.
I feel like common courtesy would be to communicate that you're going to be late. I wouldn't be nearly as upset as I would if the other party didn't tell me at all. I'm glad you've grown up. We all have in some form or another.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:07 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,501,503 times
Quote:
Haha, so funny!

What a catch LOL, Think even I would be tempted to walk over and pour drink on him

You reminded me LOL.....

I was a right lad at school at about 11/12, I was on the way to school I was with my mate and we were in a train station, we was barged by a big man in a suit and he looked at us and flashed the inside of his blazer ( showing the brand can't remember now which one ) tutted at us and rolled his eyes as if it say I'm the man don't get in my way sort of thing.

This happened on the escalators ( London Underground ) and as he turned to go down I stuck my leg out and tripped him up!!! . Now he was huge and it was like an elephant rolling over LOL, he's ripped his suit best of all. As he got up I couldn't help but wind him up " oh terribly sorry sir that WAS a nice suit! " 😂😂😂😂😂

He had that " executive " look about him but I'll never forget his face when he looked up at us LOL

Old 11-24-2015, 09:09 AM

52 posts, read 53,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
nothing really major, though i do remember one date when the bill came she pulled out her wallet and said "oh sorry, all i have is 100's". Not sure if she was trying to impress me or what, i just kind of rolled my eyes as i looked down at the table. I always pay on the first date anyway, though part of me was tempted to let her. In any case, that was the first and only date.

lol.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:10 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,859,648 times
Quote:
Told me she was raped by a ghost.
Didn't want anyone to miss this one. It made me spit out my coffee a little!

I usually save my "raped by a ghost" stories for the second date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships