Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 12:24 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Came here disgruntled.

Stayed out of curiosity.
Same.

Occasionally I have hope that my advice and experience will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 12:25 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
. I don't need to wave my soiled underwear around

If you currently have no sex life how is your underwear soiled?

Old 10-26-2015, 12:27 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I started here when I was going to start dating after 18 years. I just wanted some dialogue on the subject.

I stayed for the cake.
I stay for the blog, popcorn and free entertainment.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:38 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
I was looking for friends in the area when I was new in town.

Stayed because I am underemployed but overpaid for what I do. I need another 1,5 years to finish my Masters Degree and then I am hopefully finding a job that keeps me super busy and makes me rich. A girl can dream.

I do not spend one minute of my free time on CD.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:51 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Cause I can.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:01 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
I started posting on C-D when I was looking at moving to Colorado and wanted a home to move into and had to get one (a rental) sight unseen...so I needed to know about areas of town, and one great mod over in the Springs forum actually drove by a place I was considering and advised me of its obvious flaws. How nice is that??

Still kind of wish I could meet a few of my local posters for coffee or something. This town is frankly full of great people in my personal opinion, despite the vociferous fundies that give it a bad rep.

As for relationships...for one, it's a very active forum. Lots of responses and input on stuff here. Some of the threads bring out my snark, and I love to snark about in good fun (though I don't think I take it as far as actual trolling and I do try not to be hurtful to anyone.) Sometimes I need to vent, and I'm tired of feeling like I'm burdening the people in my real life. Sometimes, my situation is confusing, and in replying and explaining and talking about it, I'm able to examine it from many angles and gain understanding of what's up, and what I should do about it (if anything.) There have been times when posters and/or mods here have caused me to flounce off in a huff, but I tend to come back. And frankly, the things that are on my mind the most lately ARE my relationships, I'm juggling a number of them and not all of them are easy. And no, narrowing it down to just one would not help, since it's the polyamorous group that gives me the least grief.

Also some of my stories are just too crazy not to share. I kinda want to write a book one day.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:27 PM

971 posts, read 688,754 times
Good post Frank. I have seen people say "why would you ask strangers on the internet a question like that?" and that is exactly WHY I posted here initially. I was a freshly divorced guy who was out on his own, few friends and needed some advice. Who better to ask than a bunch of strangers.

I liked asking relationship questions here as there is a lot of good advice. I always looked forward to the responses of certain individuals. Of course, there are the ones with the usual snarky comments too. But, that is the beauty of the internet.

There are a couple poster's I like to follow because they remind me of me and my relationships. I have seen some succeed and some seem to keep muddling along. I won't mention any names....lol.

I have always been considered by my friends and peers as being an intelligent guy, but I just can't seem to get the realtionship thing right. To quote lowonluck, I seem to always pick the losers and projects. I never seem to see it at the time, because as my father used to say, I only see the good in people, not the bad. Maybe some day I will figure it out, but until I do, I will probably be a contributor here.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:35 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
I was looking for general information on Texas and soon realised how big the forum was.

And now I'm hooked!!! I love the banter between the regular members and am glad to say I've met some lovely people on here ( and best of all people can understand me now )

As a Brit I'm delighted to be here and long may it continue

Old 10-26-2015, 01:37 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Came to the site during one of my many relocations, stayed to help people out with my knowledge of various cities. Eventually I realized the other forums were on here and I jumped on them becase they are fun.

I tend to have trouble focusing when I am at work - my mind can spin off in 10 directions at once - and sometimes posting helps me channel on one thing again.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:11 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,083 times
Needed advice to get through a relationship issue and rediscovered CD after apparently having already registered 2 years ago. A certain someone keeps me here. It's a good place once you get settled and make nice with the natives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships