Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 11:23 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I'm in my late 20s, he in his mid 30s. Well I can't even enjoy sex much anymore because of this negative stigma toward me from society. I try not to put out early anymore if I want a long term with the guy. I've also lost a lot of interest in OLD, dating in general, and this forum. I still stay open minded to people but I just think dating is BS.

A few years ago I was so heart broken over this one guy who saw me as a **** because I put out early. I became jaded about sex after him and just couldn't love it like I used to. He contacted me a few weeks ago asking how I was doing and made it sound like he had a gf and they were hitting it off. He kept trying to "catch up" with me but we never did. I just found out he was on Tinder and had super liked me. Maybe they were looking for a threesome or something I don't know.

Definitely can't take dating seriously anymore.
The guy was a jerk if he saw you as a s*** just because (god forbid) you had sex early. I wish more women would be more sexually open like that, but this society shames that (while guys get away with it). F*** double standards..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 07:24 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Unmatching on Tinder after hooking up, that is a good reason not to use it. For me anyway. It's a waste of time. The whole hookup thing isn't producing anything long lasting.
I still don't understand why it is a good reason. I've always exchanged phone numbers and we texted, so there was no reason to be on tinder together anymore.

And hookups do produce long lasting relationships. Absolutely they do.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:35 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Answering fan mail since I don't know who wrote this on my reps:

"Gross. Are you sure you don't have any STDs? I bet you had over a 100 sex partners. Sickening! If you keep up like this, you will be alone forever. Didn't your parents teach you any values?"

Yup, I'm clean, I just got tested for STDs. I would suggest you do the same but no need for virgins to do so. Unfortunately I'm too picky to sleep with that many people, you probably being one of those I wouldn't bother with. Being alone wouldn't be the worst thing. It's being ugly and hateful that would make me want to kill myself. My parents raised me to treat people right. Yours obviously didn't so shame on them. If I were you I would ask your parents for a refund.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:19 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I think it was good for him but it was kinda painful for me..
Oh no WAY! Too bad you can't get a refund...

Old 08-23-2016, 09:37 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,467 times
Where was Tinder when I was single?

Old 08-24-2016, 12:07 AM

64 posts, read 55,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I still don't understand why it is a good reason. I've always exchanged phone numbers and we texted, so there was no reason to be on tinder together anymore.

And hookups do produce long lasting relationships. Absolutely they do.
That's true. Studies show that 60% of the time, it works every time.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:32 AM

511 posts, read 402,155 times
You had a match on Tinder. Leagues ahead of me. Celebrate not being hideous bag of ___.

Seriously.

Last edited by Mr_Polymath; 08-24-2016 at 03:52 AM..

Old 08-24-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecutty69 View Post
That's true. Studies show that 60% of the time, it works every time.
I don't put stats on it, but I see it in the weddings I go to, like the wedding I'm going to next month in Asheville. It, like many I've been to, started as a "hook up".

Old 08-24-2016, 06:38 AM

511 posts, read 402,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't put stats on it, but I see it in the weddings I go to, like the wedding I'm going to next month in Asheville. It, like many I've been to, started as a "hook up".
You should work for IAC.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
You should work for IAC.
I do not know what IAC is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships