Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 11:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,355 times

Advertisements

So hello everyone.

I could really do with some advice on this issue please. It's eating me up inside! Sorry it's a bit long but please bear with me.

Let me try and paint you a picture:

So I've known this girl (chloe) for about 4/5 years. We started as really good mates, which soon became **** buddies.. it was great, but after a while I decided to stop which caused massive arguments. For the next 2 years we are arguing a lot. It's a very hostile relationship but we stay friends.

Early 2013, I meet one of her friends (rosey). We get along well. I try and pursue things with her which initially, chloe actively encourages however it eventually becomes apparent that she is very jealous and sabotages the relationship, leaving me very bitter and resentful.

In the summer of 2013 she starts seeing this guy (by the way I am housemates with the girl at this point and have been since before we became **** buddies) at the start of them seeing each other I thought I was ok with it but clearly I wasn't. Bear in mind that it was all happening under my own roof which made matters a lot worse.

So anyway I tried to hide my feelings of jealousy because I felt it would have been very hypocritical and selfish of me to say or do anything about it, especially after what had happened earlier in the year. However the inevitable happened and she found out. We stated banging again. Other guy out of the picture..

We eventually stop again. Various attempts made by me to hook up with other girls seem, from my point of view, to be met by jealous behaviour from her. I am constantly asking her if she has feelings for me which she always angrily denies!

I end up hooking up with another girl. In a particularly hostile night, we are all at a pub/club and I am going back with this girl. Chloe is very upset, I am not very thoughtful or caring in my actions at all. She finally says she has feelings for me in a heated exchange outside the pub. I am angry because she had always denied and even got frustrated with me when I asked her if she did, so I leave with the girl.

As it turns out I'm not that into this new girl. It fizzles out fairly quickly (still very good friends). Next couple years me and Chloe are still friends but it's on and off. Arguments Still occurring. We didn't see each other at all for a period.

HOWEVER recently (past few months) it's been great. As friends. We've been like our old selves. She's seeing guys and it seems I'm genuinely ok with that. By the way we understandably don't live together any more. But she had some issues with her landlord so we invited her to stay for a month before she has to go back home temporarily.

Now yesterday she invited her bloke round to cook for us. And for **** sake I feel jealous again! He seems like a nice guy, but I just can't act like myself. I had to get out of the house! It's horrible! Right now I've bloody driven out to Southend! Just to get away for a bit.

My question Is am I just being a selfish jealous bastard that only wants what he can't have!? Or do i actually like her? I dont know what to do. Im worried mentioning it will bring up all this **** from the past. At the same time she always seems to hint at us ****ing again (even tried it on the other night)to which I have been reluctant.

Please help me out. I know it may seem like a trivial thing but it really is screwing with my mind.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 11:29 AM

48,520 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Can you translate that into an org chart?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-27-2015, 11:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby90 View Post
So hello everyone.

I could really do with some advice on this issue please. It's eating me up inside! Sorry it's a bit long but please bear with me.

Let me try and paint you a picture:

So I've known this girl (chloe) for about 4/5 years. We started as really good mates, which soon became **** buddies.. it was great, but after a while I decided to stop which caused massive arguments. For the next 2 years we are arguing a lot. It's a very hostile relationship but we stay friends.

Early 2013, I meet one of her friends (rosey). We get along well. I try and pursue things with her which initially, chloe actively encourages however it eventually becomes apparent that she is very jealous and sabotages the relationship, leaving me very bitter and resentful.

In the summer of 2013 she starts seeing this guy (by the way I am housemates with the girl at this point and have been since before we became **** buddies) at the start of them seeing each other I thought I was ok with it but clearly I wasn't. Bear in mind that it was all happening under my own roof which made matters a lot worse.

So anyway I tried to hide my feelings of jealousy because I felt it would have been very hypocritical and selfish of me to say or do anything about it, especially after what had happened earlier in the year. However the inevitable happened and she found out. We stated banging again. Other guy out of the picture..

We eventually stop again. Various attempts made by me to hook up with other girls seem, from my point of view, to be met by jealous behaviour from her. I am constantly asking her if she has feelings for me which she always angrily denies!

I end up hooking up with another girl. In a particularly hostile night, we are all at a pub/club and I am going back with this girl. Chloe is very upset, I am not very thoughtful or caring in my actions at all. She finally says she has feelings for me in a heated exchange outside the pub. I am angry because she had always denied and even got frustrated with me when I asked her if she did, so I leave with the girl.

As it turns out I'm not that into this new girl. It fizzles out fairly quickly (still very good friends). Next couple years me and Chloe are still friends but it's on and off. Arguments Still occurring. We didn't see each other at all for a period.

HOWEVER recently (past few months) it's been great. As friends. We've been like our old selves. She's seeing guys and it seems I'm genuinely ok with that. By the way we understandably don't live together any more. But she had some issues with her landlord so we invited her to stay for a month before she has to go back home temporarily.

Now yesterday she invited her bloke round to cook for us. And for **** sake I feel jealous again! He seems like a nice guy, but I just can't act like myself. I had to get out of the house! It's horrible! Right now I've bloody driven out to Southend! Just to get away for a bit.

My question Is am I just being a selfish jealous bastard that only wants what he can't have!? Or do i actually like her? I dont know what to do. Im worried mentioning it will bring up all this **** from the past. At the same time she always seems to hint at us ****ing again (even tried it on the other night)to which I have been reluctant.

Please help me out. I know it may seem like a trivial thing but it really is screwing with my mind.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you're being a jealous baby. But only because your ego's hurt, not because you like her. If you liked her, you would have treated her more respectfully along the way.

Stay busy until she moves out.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:58 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
OP:

So both of you used each-other for sex.

And both of you are friends????

Old 10-29-2015, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,355 times
Thanks for the replies!!

@snugglegirl05 Yes we are friends. Is that hard to believe?

Old 10-29-2015, 11:20 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby90 View Post
Thanks for the replies!!

@snugglegirl05 Yes we are friends. Is that hard to believe?
OP:

Yes, it is.

Because friends should not use each-other to satisfy their own needs.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:25 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
OP: yes, you're a possessive FWB. Better get the rules straight.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:37 PM

84 posts, read 123,838 times
Okay. Are you ready for this? You two need to get your **** straight. You get jealous, she gets jealous, clearly, there is something more there than just you two being former shag buddies. Y'all need to just brutally assess what you two mean to each other. You need to stop using other people to strike at each other and just settle once and for all what you two mean to one another.

Do you love each other? Do you guys just have really awesome sex? Do you two actually hate each other? Just be honest, lay all the cards on the table, and go from there. If you guys can't figure it out, one of you two should probably sever the relation-whatever this is. Quit playing checkers with each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships