Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:44 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. SO very this! We can't help you, OP; only a lawyer can do that. You need to figure out who can throw you a life preserver and help you get the help/sound advice/legal info you need.
Yes

Right now your wife is pulling you under. She is depressed, in deep debt, and engaged in illegal activities.

Get help before she drowns you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 11:24 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicks45 View Post
Have a bit of a crisis here and don't know what to do. I am 30, my wife 27. We have been married for 3 years and have twin girls that are 1 1/2. Early last year my wife graduated from nursing school but right after decided it wasn't for her. She did make 3 payments on it but hasn't done any since and spent most of the time in a depressed state which was made even worse when she started getting calls from collections. I have many times tried talking to her but she just says she doesn't care and spends most time with our daughters at least till 4 months ago she got a job but one that pays under the table. I'm VERY concerned about this and I don't make much and after all our other bills I can't help with her loans and I am at a loss what to do, she acts like if she doesn't think about them they'll go away.

Her credit wasn't very good when she graduated due to bad purchases and buying more than she could afford but now it's in the toilet. Will I have to worry about being responsible for them? What can I do to help? Her "stick your head in the sand" attitude she has is just making everything worse.

You mean "our" loans. Downside of getting married is you get the debt of the other. Upside is you get the cash too if any.

Your wife has a full time job watching twin 1 year olds. When does she have time to work under the table?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships