Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:15 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
So a girl waits until after her divorce to get engaged and y'all accuse her of cheating? She did exactly what she was supposed to do, divorced before getting with the ex, which is the opposite if cheating. She did the right thing and still can't catch a break?
So the SECOND her divorce was final, she made FIRST contact with the ex,,,they fell in love over the course of Oh I don't know a week, maybe a month, and got married??

wow...kookey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 10:10 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
So the SECOND her divorce was final, she made FIRST contact with the ex,,,they fell in love over the course of Oh I don't know a week, maybe a month, and got married??

wow...kookey
Or maybe she knew her marriage was a sham and she made a mistake and instead of stringing op along she ended it.

But what do you or I actually know about the specifics. I'm not going to assume OP was the most innocent party either.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:19 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by af77 View Post
We were married for 7 years, I think she was cheating on me, that doesn't make any sense to me and i'm still trying to cope with that. She just got engaged to an ex boyfriend, she dated this guy before me!
I feel cheated, betrayed!
You probably were. She probably had him lined up before you split up. Either that or she's in one helluva rebound. In either case, repeat after me: "She's his problem now. Better him than me!"

Why? Because in the first case, he is now about to marry a cheater. Cheaters don't change. At their very heart they are dishonest and cowardly. Sooner or later, she'll cheat on him, too.

In the second case, she's unstable and has her head up her butt. No one needs to deal with that.

P.S. Get tested for STDs.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:27 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post

It is very possible... there is history between the ex and her.... hence things can easily move fast after the divorce.

People have gotten hitched hastily for lesser reasons....

No one really knows.. neither does the OP. It is all speculation. In the end, it doesn't matter... there is nothing the OP can do about it.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:31 AM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
So a girl waits until after her divorce to get engaged and y'all accuse her of cheating? She did exactly what she was supposed to do, divorced before getting with the ex, which is the opposite if cheating. She did the right thing and still can't catch a break?

She obviously was having a relationship while she was still married, if she got engaged a mere couple of months after the divorce.

I'm sure it hurts to divorce for one reason and find out there was another man involved the whole time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2015, 10:34 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
She obviously was having a relationship while she was still married, if she got engaged a mere couple of months after the divorce.

I'm sure it hurts to divorce for one reason and find out there was another man involved the whole time.
What one reason? All the OP said was "a few months ago" and didn't say why.
That could be two or 6 months, OP could have cheated him self, or gambled all their money away, or kicked a puppy. The OP gives no details of his involvement in the divorce and places blame solely on his ex wife.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Much more tactful, and therefore effective than what I was going to say. Now, this appears to be another dramatic story from a first time poster, so I get it if people are skeptical on that account. But assuming good faith on the OP's part, this situation would be painful and something he'd need to get over and with time will get over, but feeling angry and betrayed right now makes all the sense in the world. C'mon folks.

Aye. He has to work through it for himself so he can get to the place where he realizes he's better off without her, true. But this is going to take time. Seven years is nothing to sneeze at, and I think telling him to "get over it" and saying things to him like "you're divorced, what she does is none of your business" as some have done is counterproductive and a bit heartless.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:36 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Rejoice what used to be your financial responsibility belongs now to another

Old 10-29-2015, 10:37 AM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
That could be two or 6 months, OP could have cheated him self, or gambled all their money away, or kicked a puppy. The OP gives no details of his involvement in the divorce and places blame solely on his ex wife.

I didn't see where he blamed her. He just (obviously) didn't know about the infidelity and is hurt.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Cheating is a symptom of a failing marriage, and both parties are responsible for its failure, true. But cheating is ultimately a choice on the part of the cheater. No one "just happens" to cheat. Penises don't magically fall into vaginas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships