Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 01:51 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times

Advertisements

In an absolute sense rape is the only time something is happening with out your concent. So I dont understand. Yes most men are not going to tolerate investing time money and energy into a woman and not get sex but thats their choice and freedom, my cut off was about a week. If a woman did not want to have sex with me after 3 dates and roughly a week then I inturpreted that she was not interested.

Alot of guys have heard of WAY too many horror stories of investing heavily into a woman only to be dumped with no sex and find out later on that she had sex with some other guy on the second or first date. WAY too many stories. As guys we dont get that time back that we could have been having sex with someone who actually wanted us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
We do not have control over societal expectation of how we should look, dress, carry, and use our bodies. If you can't understand that rape isn't the only way a woman's body is violated by our Western culture then I can't help you get why women have it just as hard as men when it comes to sexual dysfunction and relationship difficulties .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 02:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
In an absolute sense rape is the only time something is happening with out your concent. So I dont understand. Yes most men are not going to tolerate investing time money and energy into a woman and not get sex but thats their choice and freedom, my cut off was about a week. If a woman did not want to have sex with me after 3 dates and roughly a week then I inturpreted that she was not interested.

Alot of guys have heard of WAY too many horror stories of investing heavily into a woman only to be dumped with no sex and find out later on that she had sex with some other guy on the second or first date. WAY too many stories. As guys we dont get that time back that we could have been having sex with someone who actually wanted us.
If sex is all you're looking for then this makes sense. The "three date/one week" approach would likely disqualify a lot of otherwise good partners for a lot of people if everyone did it. I understand you're only speaking for yourself, but it's probably a good thing for a lot of guys they don't subscribe to this approach.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Everyone has their various risk tolerances. I say if its your first go around with a woman then give it your all and hopefully you get lucky without developing a chip on your shoulder. But after that first one any guy would be wise to get tough on flakey behavior. This whole investing months and months with no sex when you know she has been with guys in the past messed with my head and I could never do it.

Maybe if your in high school and you know she has not started sleeping with other guys yet then take all the risks then. Invest the time, get married, etc. But if anything goes south as a man if you dont get hard with the poor female behaivor then you will play the roll of the chump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
If sex is all you're looking for then this makes sense. The "three date/one week" approach would likely disqualify a lot of otherwise good partners for a lot of people if everyone did it. I understand you're only speaking for yourself, but it's probably a good thing for a lot of guys they don't subscribe to this approach.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:12 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Quote:
Everyone has their various risk tolerances. I say if its your first go around with a woman then give it your all and hopefully you get lucky without developing a chip on your shoulder. But after that first one any guy would be wise to get tough on flakey behavior. This whole investing months and months with no sex when you know she has been with guys in the past messed with my head and I could never do it.

Maybe if your in high school and you know she has not started sleeping with other guys yet then take all the risks then. Invest the time, get married, etc. But if anything goes south as a man if you dont get hard with the poor female behaivor then you will play the roll of the chump.

Every time you post, I feel worse and worse for your (probably imaginary) fiancée.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:12 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I see what you did there.

And I like it.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:16 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:

"Women are not vending machines that you put kindness/time/attention into until sex falls out."

Also, learn to spell.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:20 PM

I never said they were. I just said men also have just as much freedom to do what they want to do. That does not mean that women are compelled to have sex with them and if men force it its called rape.

The other poster is just upset that men set standards for themselves and your post is a direct attempt at shaming men so that you can get what you want while not giving a man what he wants. It is manipulative behavior. Fine your not a sex vending machine, do you want a cookie?

Men want sex and in 99% of cases men could likely do without the company of the opposite sex if it were not for their sex drive. Sure there are some rare instances where a woman might be a platnoic gamer with a group of guys but your implications as well as the other posters are intellecually dishonest.

That is not to say that men dont value other things in the relationship but most mens motivation to become involved in the first place is sex. IF all men were eunichs you would see very little interaction between the sexes other than superficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
"Women are not vending machines that you put kindness/time/attention into until sex falls out."

Also, learn to spell.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:27 PM

Well not all people are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Every time you post, I feel worse and worse for your (probably imaginary) fiancée.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:30 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
When posters speak about "bitter males" here, they seem to be referring to any man that disagrees with the feminist thinktank that is so prevalent in the posts on here (and in the thoughts of society at large). If I am classified as one of these people, then so be it.

In any event, all women DO get a significant amount of attention, especially online. If a woman truly wants to be in a relationship and is unable to find the man that she desires IRL, she can go online, type in her exact specifications, and out will pop the man of her dreams.
Utterly ridiculous. Several of our female posters here have said that all they get online are bots and scammers. Some, but not all, in addition, get solicitations for sex. No "man of her dreams" anywhere in sight, not even after weeks or months online. Yours is a very selective view, if all you've observed is women reeling in the men of their dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo;

Okay, I have never seen or experienced this personally. (For the record, I don't go to ballroom dancing, as I hate dancing, so I cannot say what does or does not happen at these events).
It's not just dancing classes (could be any kind: ballroom, Salsa, folk, Swing, whatever). It's all manner of singles mixer events. I've seen events like that where the guys line up along one wall, and hang back, not approaching any of the women. When the women make an effort to go over and say "hi", and try to strike up a conversation, nothing happens. It makes you wonder why the guys are there at all. If it's an issue about none of the women being their "type", why don't they just leave? It looks so Middle School to see them hanging out on the periphery, not socializing with anyone but themselves. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo;

I have talked to a lot of women. I've had many female friends over the years and I've both talked to them about this and observed what actually happens IRL.

My opinions are not based off of things that I've read on the internet, but, instead, on what I've observed and experienced IRL.
And, yet, you discount what women here are telling you about their experiences and observations.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-01-2015 at 04:40 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 04:34 PM

I find it very hard to believe that all women get online is grade A creepers and bots, very hard to beleive. I think women just dont want to admit that they are keeping high standards because they figure that there is one guy in their inbox full of hundreds of messages and all they have to do is keep sorting.

As a guy when you get 1 message a month and then soon none, it becomes very clear the need to reduce standards. If I had 120 messages to sort though when I was single, even if they were not all kate upton, it would have a profoundly different phycological effect than 1 or none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Utterly ridiculous. Several of our female posters here have said that all they get online are bots, bots and scammers. Some, but not all, in addition, get solicitations for sex. No "man of her dreams" anywhere in sight, not even after weeks or months online. Yours is a very selective view, if all you've observed is women reeling in the men of their dreams.

It's not just dancing classes (could be any kind: ballroom, Salsa, folk, Swing, whatever). It's all manner of singles mixer events. I've seen events like that where the guys line up along one wall, and hang back, not approaching any of the women. When the women make an effort to go over and say "hi", and try to strike up a conversation, nothing happens. It makes you wonder why the guys are there at all. If it's an issue about none of the women being their "type", why don't they just leave? It looks so Middle School to see them hanging out on the periphery, not socializing with anyone but themselves. Go figure.

And, yet, you discount what women here are telling you about their experiences and observations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships