Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,863,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
US and Belize still use it......

My job is involved with temp control...... It's gonna be rough to talk about 72 degrees F and to then call it 22.2 Celsius....

Oh well, we need to merge all of our shyt to metric... it actually makes much more sense, mathematically.....

I wish man, I wish, although I prefer pounds to KG

Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,101,454 times
Science has proven that women tend to show more skin the closer they get to ovulation.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,853,815 times
As OP...In response to the "do I think so little of women"?

NO...I highly respect all women. My question was meant as a form of curiosity since my family (female) members have not (to my knowledge) dressed with a lot of skin (exposure) as is commonly seen around different areas now days.

Okay...I'm an old dude so am not ready for the grave yet but do admire a nicely dressed female over the age of consent...married or single.

I always told my late wife that whenever she went out she was to look presentable.

Every so often I will see a female and think...some guy is going to be or is already lucky to have her.

After watching the taping of the William and Kate wedding I was (many others for sure) struck by the sister of Kate holding the wedding dress train walking down the carpet. That dress and figure was a beautiful sight to behold. She did not have to be over exposed in order to be noticed.

Some posters made reference to the weather and heat in their area which is normal in some respect so less clothes would be acceptable considering.

We are all entitled to our personal opinions be what it may be...you have yours and I have mine.

Touche

Old 04-30-2011, 10:54 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,136,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
WHY DO WOMEN WEAR LESS AND LESS CLOTHES TO EXPOSE THEIR SKIN???

uh because it's hot outside.
uhh, have you ever visited Chicago in the winter?

Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 AM

72 posts, read 100,195 times
As a woman, I think different situations cause for different ways to dress...the way I would dress to a job interview is not the way I would dress if going out.....I have no problems with women and how they dress...its their choice, but there is negative and positive attention, so don't get mad if everything and all your girls are showing, and men try to pick you on the street, because they assume, if you're dressed like that, you're obviously working on the street. At the end of the day and i hate to say it, but at the end of the day, you are judged by how you dressed, whether that's good or bad.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:19 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,989,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgurl10 View Post
As a woman, I think different situations cause for different ways to dress...the way I would dress to a job interview is not the way I would dress if going out.....I have no problems with women and how they dress...its their choice, but there is negative and positive attention, so don't get mad if everything and all your girls are showing, and men try to pick you on the street, because they assume, if you're dressed like that, you're obviously working on the street. At the end of the day and i hate to say it, but at the end of the day, you are judged by how you dressed, whether that's good or bad.
As a man. I think it would be best for society if women were not so judgmental or concerned on what others think about them. You can go as far back in time as you want. You will discover that men always have stared at women. And if they dressed to conservatively they would be aroused by the slightest skin showing that a woman shows. Even as little as her ankle, this was true back in the 1900s. Men were aroused easily and always have been and always will be. Its a woman choice to wear whatever she wants. And the last thing she should be doing is worrying or getting paranoid. Those two things are not any good.

Its why I like some European women. They are so naturally confident that is shows in how they carry themselves and the like.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:22 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,625,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
NO...I highly respect all women.
Respect level is directly proportional to the amount of exposure

As formulated by Sir Isaac Newton:

F = ma

where F is the force of the respect
m is the mass of the object in question, but m not tending towards infinity
a is the male eye's access to it

Old 12-09-2013, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 844 times
There is a distinction between what society permits men and women, and this has been changing for decades. If we enter any workplace we will see men clearly conforming to traditional dress codes that the Northern European / North American culture demands of them - very sober & formal. For women the situation is different. In some professions like the law, women dress very similarly to men;'s norm, but in other work environments women have enormous latitude in what they wear.
Certainly over the last 4 decades women have tended to dress in a manner that exposes more of themselves. They have generally asserted their right to wear / act as they like and men have to remain unresponsive, or you may consider it that women are indifferent to the inherent responses that men experience to these visual stimulae.
Of course women are perfectly aware that they have an impact upon men if they dress in a manner that is distracting, and it provides them with a tactical advantage in certain situations. But it is ultimately with risks. The risk is that the men resent being manipulated and exclude the woman, at the extreme the risk is that a man may wholly misinterpret the exposure as a come on.
It is an interesting reflection of women's actual power in our society that we are unprepared to significantly challenge women about what they wear to work. While exposure of breasts may be confusing for men, women wearing high heeled shoes can be a significant hazard - try evacuating several hundred women in high heels down the stair of a multi-storey building during a fire! Even though these women potentially place themselves and others at risk, no one will instruct them not to wear high heels.
However these things tend to be cyclical and I expect that in a few years women will cover up as they did in the 50's. (Let no one forget that after the min skirt, women's legs got very fat indeed.)

Old 12-09-2013, 03:09 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,764,564 times
For some women, perhaps at least partially in order to make themselves feel more empowered and/or liberated?

Old 12-10-2013, 11:47 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,767,478 times
Well I've been blessed enough that when a woman catches me looking her way, she USUALLY smiles back. That said, I really never understood women who dress like a hooker, or with skin tight revealing clothing and then get all huffy, rolling eyes and stomp off if men stare. If you're a woman, dress like that and go out in public, you 10000000% know what's gonna happen. People will look at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships