Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:13 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do you dig for clams?
**rimshot**

Old 02-28-2014, 02:21 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Hehe... I just find it amusing as women's shorts get skimpier and skimpier men's shorts get longer and longer.
Well if guys shorts where just as small skimpy as the females shorts you see things you do not want to see. I am sure know one wants to see something that looks like it could be a baby newborn bird

Old 02-28-2014, 06:39 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, board shorts and bathing trunks with a matching bra-style top are in for surfer women, too.
Most of the surfers I've seen wear 3mil wetsuits. Then again, I am probably seeing them in colder water than you... I was just making a joke about how as one hemline seems to go up, the other goes down. You look at fashions of the 70s and men's shorts were shorter and women's were almost as long. It "seems" like as women's slowly got shorter, men's slowly started getting longer. Like the material was moved from one to the other, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Well if guys shorts where just as small skimpy as the females shorts you see things you do not want to see. I am sure know one wants to see something that looks like it could be a baby newborn bird
You have a point. I always just figured the longer "shorts" were because Americans were getting bigger overall and shorter shorts don't look as good on most men anymore. Then again, I think some of those super tight, super short shorts women wear don't look good either with muffin tops pouring out all over (even on thin women with hardly any fat have muffin tops in those things!)

Old 03-01-2014, 12:10 PM

421 posts, read 676,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think a question to pair with this is why do men wear "bathing suit trunks" that come down to their calves? Although I will concede I rather see that, than a Speedo.
What would the ideal look like suit?

Old 03-01-2014, 12:29 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
What would the ideal look like suit?
That's not up to me.. I am not wearing it. I suppose something that came just above the knee. Mostly I am just poking fun at the fact that men's shorts and such are getting so long that they are just shy of being long pants--and their swimsuits look like the swimsuits of Victorian times (minus the shirt... although some guys also wear a tee shirt too with their just above the ankle swim trunks). While at the same time, woman's pants and shorts get smaller and smaller (up to upper thighs with muffin top and plumbers crack hanging out) and their bathing suits just a few inches of fabric away form being naked.

Basically, I am mocking this juxtaposition in "fashion"

Old 03-01-2014, 12:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Women do it because it looks hot.

Does anything more need to be said?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:50 PM

421 posts, read 676,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

^Clueless

I hope you don't walk up to strangers and say that. How many times have you been arrested?

Old 03-02-2014, 12:41 AM

250 posts, read 399,889 times
Where are there clams with beards left on them?

Do you live on a hippie commune or do you maybe just date 50 year old women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I only dig for bearded clams

Old 03-02-2014, 06:23 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,126 times
Reasons for this:
Lack of mother raising their daughters properly, teaching them how to be a lady and the qualities of a wife versus a good time for the night.

Media images that over-sexualize women to make them objects instead of presenting themselves in a way that is still feminine but not an image that suggests at any moment they are going to get on the stripper pole and twerk.

**Low self-esteem. If you put 100% into your look (hair, makeup, shoes, clothing, body) to make sure you Catch a man's attention forgetting the message you delivered by your image that is based on the superficial. Let's be honest, men reward this behavior with their pursuit, money, drinks, vacations for a good time and perhaps the approval of others because they are now with this hot woman (if he takes it there,i.e. exploring a relationship).
We live in a virtual world and somehow parents are not teaching their little girls that if you want to be the CEO of a company or go far in corporate life, pictures in your thong and pasties on your breast while going out is not conducive to being successful. Parents have gotten away from teaching their daughters to present an image that is consistent with the respect and approach you desire.

*****Let's also be honest, men do break their necks when they see certain images. As young adults, girls realize the response boys give when they see ultra short dresses, low cut blouses, and attire that emphasizes their assets. The strong women stick to their guns of being respectable while those who desire more attention (even for the wrong reasons) will wear the lower cut blouses and ultra short dresses to get the attention of men. They will get the attention.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:25 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

It really does not look hot and those that do dress like that only do so because they are brainwashed into thinking that the only way to get attention from a man is to dress that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships