U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
 
Location: In the woods next to the ocean
4,541 posts, read 11,849,144 times
Reputation: 8909

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
...I am thinking she might be Asian.
What mean this?
"All your base are belong to us".

 
Old 02-04-2008, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 28,738,589 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
What mean this?
"All your base are belong to us".
LOL, a Boris and Natasha Roseanne Rosannadanna, I think we are being had!
hhhmmmmm, methinks a teenage boy that likes badly translated video games????
 
Old 02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 28,738,589 times
Reputation: 15560
Narrator: In A.D. 2101, war was beginning. Captain: What happen ? Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb. (spoken in the Flash animation as Someone set us up the bomb) Operator: We get signal. Captain: What! Operator: Main screen turn on. Captain: It's you!! CATS: How are you gentlemen!! CATS: All your base are belong to us. CATS: You are on the way to destruction. Captain: What you say!! CATS: You have no chance to survive make your time. CATS: Ha Ha Ha Ha .... (spoken in the Flash animation as Ha Ha Ha) Operator: Captain!! * Captain: Take off every 'ZIG'!! Captain: You know what you doing. Captain: Move 'ZIG'. Captain: For great justice.
Taaa Daaaa!

ok, no more hijacking......
 
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
397 posts, read 830,219 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think its the men who are weak since all a woman has to do is wear a certain outfit and they can't control themselves, they pretty clearly assume the woman has worn it FOR them even when that is not the fact.
Wow! I personally think you are making some sweeping statements that are broad overgeneralizations. Not all men think themselves superior, and not all men "can't control themselves."

Whenever we engage in these discussions, I think it's important to not stoop these kinds of sexist assumptions, because then we act just the way men acted (and some still today) in a patriarchal society.
 
Old 02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
 
3,884 posts, read 8,393,804 times
Reputation: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Ok, I'll bite on this one.

I walk into a bar in sweatpants and a bulky sweater. I have makeup on, and pretty much look like I've actually showered in the past week. But, you get the picture, right?

Now, contrast *that* with me walking into the same bar in a top and jeans that actually show the curves of my body.

Difference in response? You betcha.

And, why would I pick one outfit as opposed to the other? Because the latter would make me feel a lot better about myself than the former. It's much the same reason why, in my past lifetime as a lawyer, I felt REAL good about walking into court wearing an Armani suit. I happen to enjoy when people look at me and say, "wow". I have a heck of a lot to back up my clothing choices, but, IMO, there's no reason not to flaunt what you've got.

In the "bar situation", is that about sexual gratification? Sure, I'll not argue about that. A lot of it, in THAT particular location, has to do with sexuality. BUT...it's also important to think about whose "sexual gratification" you are speaking about. At the end of the day, who do I dress for? Myself. Yeah, I get gratified by seeing some of the responses I get. But, really, what's bad about that?

If you're speaking about "showing skin" as being inherently bad or inherently having some sort of evil in it, I can't respond, because I don't feel that way. But, if you're truly asking WHY women do this, I think my response has spoken for quite a few women out there.

If you haven't, as a man, put on a great suit, or awesome shirt and pants combination, and looked in the mirror, nodded your head and said, "yup", you just wouldn't understand.
This is dead on woman!!!! Nice post!
 
Old 02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,706 posts, read 29,722,427 times
Reputation: 6553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen_SDCA View Post
Wow! I personally think you are making some sweeping statements that are broad overgeneralizations. Not all men think themselves superior, and not all men "can't control themselves."

Whenever we engage in these discussions, I think it's important to not stoop these kinds of sexist assumptions, because then we act just the way men acted (and some still today) in a patriarchal society.
Speaking as a woman with large breasts, I can tell you that 99.9% of men out there can't control themselves long enough to talk to my face rather then my chest and I don't wear revealing things.

I have had everyone from a 12 year old on up to men with walkers galking at me, husbands, Catholic priests, you name it. Men are made differently. Testosterone is a powerful hormone, they clearly can't control it.

Look at the studies that talk about how many times a day a man thinks about sex, how many times a week a married man masturbates even though he is having sex with his partner. They are NOT in control, their hormones are in control.

Proof of this is the fact that men are the ones who are chemically castrated for some offenses in this country. As of yet, no such thing has ever been done to a woman.
 
Old 02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
 
19,010 posts, read 24,557,022 times
Reputation: 10440
The are hard wired (forgive the pun) to procreate as much as possible. That doesn't mean that most of them can't control themselves. I wouldn't be living with 40 of them if that were the case...
 
Old 02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
397 posts, read 830,219 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Speaking as a woman with large breasts, I can tell you that 99.9% of men out there can't control themselves long enough to talk to my face rather then my chest and I don't wear revealing things.

I have had everyone from a 12 year old on up to men with walkers galking at me, husbands, Catholic priests, you name it. Men are made differently. Testosterone is a powerful hormone, they clearly can't control it.

Look at the studies that talk about how many times a day a man thinks about sex, how many times a week a married man masturbates even though he is having sex with his partner. They are NOT in control, their hormones are in control.

Proof of this is the fact that men are the ones who are chemically castrated for some offenses in this country. As of yet, no such thing has ever been done to a woman.
Hi:

First, your experiences are not universal. I have met many men like that and many that are not like that.

Second, even though it is true that hormones for men are different, that has very little to do with exercising self-control. Men who do not, are merely lacking in discipline and self-control. I know many men who never do what you say, and who, even though their hormones may tell them to stare or make a move, will NOT do so. I also know plenty of women whose hormones are out of control, and who act that way.

You may have had a bad experience with men, but I do not think it is entirely fair of you to throw them all together in a class. Just my thoughts.
 
Old 02-04-2008, 06:35 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
10,781 posts, read 17,309,948 times
Reputation: 7523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Speaking as a woman with large breasts, I can tell you that 99.9% of men out there can't control themselves long enough to talk to my face rather then my chest and I don't wear revealing things.

I have had everyone from a 12 year old on up to men with walkers galking at me, husbands, Catholic priests, you name it. Men are made differently. Testosterone is a powerful hormone, they clearly can't control it.

Look at the studies that talk about how many times a day a man thinks about sex, how many times a week a married man masturbates even though he is having sex with his partner. They are NOT in control, their hormones are in control.

Proof of this is the fact that men are the ones who are chemically castrated for some offenses in this country. As of yet, no such thing has ever been done to a woman.
well so I as a male wasn't suppose to get involved in this thread oh well I am....

Lindsey speaks the truth and I won't make any appologies for the fact that I scope out and home in when I see someone attractive to me.

Er...would you rather not catch the eye of anybody?Even I as a man hope that I get eyed once in a while.

That doesn't mean I can't control myself though,I can look into your eyes for a conversation,it's just when you aren't looking I'll check out the rest....though I probably get busted anyway.
 
Old 02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,706 posts, read 29,722,427 times
Reputation: 6553
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
well so I as a male wasn't suppose to get involved in this thread oh well I am....

Lindsey speaks the truth and I won't make any appologies for the fact that I scope out and home in when I see someone attractive to me.

Er...would you rather not catch the eye of anybody?Even I as a man hope that I get eyed once in a while.

That doesn't mean I can't control myself though,I can look into your eyes for a conversation,it's just when you aren't looking I'll check out the rest....though I probably get busted anyway.
I, unlike others in this thread accept male sexuality for what it is. AND exercising control is about alot more then keeping yourself from raping someone. Its also about "checking" someone out when its innappropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top