Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmover99 View Post
Most women are just Weak and need the extra attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Hey, just like how every woman is entitled to how she dresses, she's entitled to her opinion.

While I don't necessarily see women as weak, there are some women who will skankify their wardrobe for some twisted reasons---to follow their friends, to get special attention, to look younger, to follow a trend, etc.

While I don't mind showing a little bit of skin (in the summer, when I'm trimmest), its pretty disgusting when you see so many blueberry muffin tops running around on a college campus. But...as I said, their choice.

In truth, its not the clothing that bug me but rather the women who dress a certain way and then complain about how they're treated. Honey if you're going to wear a skirt cut up to there, a tube top, and 3 inch boots, you better not complain if/when someone pulls over on the curb and asks if you're working! Of course it goes to the other extreme too....if someone is dressing like their Great Aunt Elda and not doing anything for their appearance, they really shouldn't complain that their husband suddenly has a bout of extremely low libido either...
Smerkygrl, sorry if I did not make it clear, but I believe that was a man posting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Yes but some are total biaches too ...but some of us like to stay that way.
Why, you say I'm a b**** like its a bad thing! One of my favorite sayings....

Old 02-01-2008, 08:47 PM

84 posts, read 355,359 times
I'm a woman. I agree that women should wear whatever she pleases. BUT please, don't get mad or offended if a man can't keep his eyes off your boobs that have been asking to jump out off your low-cut top. That's the only thing I have to say to this.

I know that a lot of women do not like this type of attention. To me it is natural that men would act the way they act when they see some good 'views'. If you as a woman find this type of behavior so offensive, have some sense and don't expose your skin in the attention-attracting areas. How simple is that? Don't blame the man. Reconsider your choice of clothes.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:45 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I think it's okay to dress for a situation.

At work I am obviously all covered and preppy looking. But if it's summer, I am at a bar and it's 95 degrees out...obviously a denim skirt and a cute tank are on the agenda. Sure this outfit will cause some cleavage and some leg to show, but why not? Who cares? I am young, I look nice in it and the situation is appropriate.

If some constantly walks around in hooker boots and painted on clothes even to work, to a church, to buy groceries etc...I would say there is some issue...but if it's just to a party or bar or other social event I say if you got it and want to flaunt it you're hot!

P.S.- Many women who are into fashion wear what they want b/c they like the look. Pesonally, I don't care what a guy thinks of my outfit! If he hates it, he can go screw himself lol. I work hard to buy really cute clothes and I am gonna strut no matter what a man would think of it.
I can only agree to all three points!
I also work in an office and find it inappropriate to show too much cleavage or too much leg. You can be sexy in a more subtle way.
One of my colleagues also thinks she's a very sexy gal and shows a lot of her boobies. Well it's that thing with our male colleagues who could be our fathers, this thought just .... hmmm .... eeewwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanniJay View Post
I'm a woman. I agree that women should wear whatever she pleases. BUT please, don't get mad or offended if a man can't keep his eyes off your boobs that have been asking to jump out off your low-cut top. That's the only thing I have to say to this.

I know that a lot of women do not like this type of attention. To me it is natural that men would act the way they act when they see some good 'views'. If you as a woman find this type of behavior so offensive, have some sense and don't expose your skin in the attention-attracting areas. How simple is that? Don't blame the man. Reconsider your choice of clothes.
I guess every women should be aware of what she can do with her looks. At the moment I'm a stay at home mom that's why I use every opportunity to leave the mommy look at home. When I'm going to classes twice a week I also wear things which are rather sexy b/c these are clothes I wouldn't wear at work as they are too sexy but can't wear at home either or DS would smear his carrots or what else not on them.

So I wear the clothes I like and if men look or don't let them...

Old 02-02-2008, 11:52 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanniJay View Post

Men should be expected to behave as rational sane people, there should be no special allowances made because they can't control themselves. They are adults and should HAVE to control themselves.

Its this mentality that makes it OK for men to rape women who are dressed in a certain way or who acts a certain way.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Men should be expected to behave as rational sane people, there should be no special allowances made because they can't control themselves. They are adults and should HAVE to control themselves.

Its this mentality that makes it OK for men to rape women who are dressed in a certain way or who acts a certain way.
It is not OK for men to rape women. But it is also NOT smart for women to put themselves at risk by wearing teeny tiny clothes and expect men to act rational. They might be lucky if those men just want to look -whether on purpose or just as an reaction. But they can never know when their clothes would attract the wrong kind of men.

Would you walk around through the project/ghetto with big diamond rings on your fingers, prada bag in your arm and gucci stilettoes on your feet thinking you should be ok because it is NOT ok for people to rob or even kill others? After all, we are all grown adults and we all should have control over ourselves to know right form wrong.

If you walk by a cliff, the chance of you falling off is pretty high, isn't it? If you know this, is it wise to do so?

Think about it. It is pretty much the same logic. If you put yourself at risk, you might as well expected to be harmed.

As I stated before, I, myself, am a woman, and I believe in wearing whatever I please. If I demand respect from men, I opt for classier clothes. If I want to get laid, I make sure the clothes I choose show off my best assets.

My point is women should understand the consequences of the choice they make.

Do not complain and demand respect just because everyone should be rational. We are all just living beings. It is how nature has made us. We are all curious to look when something or someone look or do something out of the ordinary. Everyone would react a certain way based on our personality.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:29 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
How often do you hear of women loosing over the man wearing nothing but a speedo and raping him?

You don't, because society has made it OK for men to not be able to control themselves AND put the blame on the woman.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post

It does make me sad to see what you mentioned, because little girls are

watching this, and wanting to do the same at a very young age.

So, maybe at the end of the day, its a question of principle, of values, of

morals. And I think that our society is lacking those today

Just my humble opinion.
I can't agree with you more.

I always think: 'What would my reaction be if I see my daughter (even though I don't have one) wear clothes that provide just minimal coverage?'

Do I praise and say to her: 'Girl power! Whatever you please, do it!'?

What do you think? Is that a good mother's advice?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:38 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
I am probably the only male replying on these topics. I have an idea like most males why women are wearing less and less clothes today. What I am asking is "Why do women think they have to expose so much of their flesh if it is not for SEXUAL GRATIFICATION". Males do not complain. Will some females answer my curiosity via a females perspective only.NO MALE ANSWERS. Thanks Stefhen
Hell I don't know. I live in Alaska. It's too cold to go around half dressed most of the time and when it does get warm we have mosquitoes to contend with.

I think that women dress for themselves and not for men. User3 up there in the Alaska forum thinks that bib Carharrts are sexy; I guess he gets all hot and bothered just thinking about me in those.

It's like this. If a woman is comfortable with her body and what she's got on, or what she doesn't have on, it shows in her body language and in the general aura that she sends out. That's much more important than the articles of clothing themselves.

I think it really sucks though when some people think that a woman is wearing "skimpy" clothing to attract attention. Unless it's overtly trashy, she's probably just trying to deal with the weather.

What the hell. I knew a guy who wore shorts all winter long in Southcentral AK. Quite often it was in the minuses. But no one said "WTF, look at Adam, showing it all off and asking for it". They all took his word for it that he was just more comfortable that way.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:59 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Uh...listen up, Missy.

Quote:
It is not OK for men to rape women. But it is also NOT smart for women to put themselves at risk by wearing teeny tiny clothes and expect men to act rational. They might be lucky if those men just want to look -whether on purpose or just as an reaction. But they can never know when their clothes would attract the wrong kind of men.
The "wrong kind of men" are going to be attracted by a nun's habit (uh, I could post a bit more on that habit thing, lol, but someone might think I was being sacreligious or some such)

While it wouldn't be "smart" for a woman to go into certain parts of town alone dressed in all teeny tiny clothes, guess what. It wouldn't be safe for them if they were wearing a burka either. There ain't no outfit in the world that will drive a decent man to lose all reason and rape a total stranger (no, not even that little variation on a nun's costume I had a few years back).

Not so sure about my Mrs. Santa outfit though...and man, a couple of guys I didn't even know got into a fight over me when I had my Easter Bunny outfit on while on the town one night, and I was with a date. I think it was the bunny ears...

That said, it does seem to me that there are women who choose to dress a certain way in settings that are not appropriate, but that's nothing more than a matter of style and fashion.

Nonetheless, the majority of women who are rape survivors were not dressed in a "revealing" way when the attack occurred.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
How often do you hear of women loosing over the man wearing nothing but a speedo and raping him?

You don't, because society has made it OK for men to not be able to control themselves AND put the blame on the woman.
Lindsey_Mcfarren, I don't know if you have noticed, but I agree with you that it is NOT ok for men to rape women. And you are right that society has given men a green card in things they should not be doing.

HOWEVER, you can sit there and preach it to everyone about how injustice it is for men to get away with such a thing. But I guarantee you that that won't save lives. Women will still get raped. NOW, at a certain degree, that could be prevented if she chooses to be wise.

My point is: Why put yourself out there at risk despite of knowing the possibility of being harmed? To me, it is just NOT smart whether the other party is being on the wrong or not.

The same thing with pedophiles. Just because you tell a pedophile how wrong it is for him/her to take advantage of children sexually doesn't mean that they would make a turn around and kiss your feet for saving them from committing sins, is it?

In the morning during summertime, I often see little girls (elementary school kids) wearing shorts or short skirts to school. Some with shorts underneath and some don't. (how do I know this? Well, on the playground, kids run around, climb on things and hanging of monkey bars upside down. Anyone that have eyes would see that) As a parent, I wonder why would their parents choose those clothes for their daughters, especially for school, where their daughters are out of their sight until the parents come to pick them up. Putting your kids at risk like that, they could never know who would be lurking at the their precious daughters.

Smart choice? Definitely not.

It is about adding fuel to the fire. If you could help, why not prevent it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships