Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 03:38 AM

12 posts, read 23,679 times

Advertisements

I'm multi dating. A man I'd been on several dates with seemed to be really taking me for granted. He acted like a relationship with me was a foregone conclusion and that I likely wouldn't have any options beyond him. He never initiated a "talk" about exclusivity and whatnot. He just assumed, wrongly it turns out, I was his for the taking.

Finally the talk came (initiated by me) about whether either of us are dating other people. It's only been about 5 dates. At first he sent this strange passive message that went "I am not concerned about other men. I'm sure you wouldn't do that. I don't feel a need to even discuss these things because I can tell from your behaviour that I don't have any competition. We have clicked and it's so hard to meet people these days."

He said he's not dating anyone else. I told him the truth, I'm seeing other men. He was so surprised. And now he has resorted to simply sending passive-aggressive text messages.

Overally, he is very passive and weak. Will this ever change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 03:44 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Well dear one, after five dates I've prob'ly blown about $400 and 20+ hours of my precious time on you. Seems to me that you're just using him for some good meals and decent wine.

Do him a favor and drop him.

Precious.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Well dear one, after five dates I've prob'ly blown about $400 and 20+ hours of my precious time on you. Seems to me that you're just using him for some good meals and decent wine.

Do him a favor and drop him.

Precious.
I don't drink and we've not been going out for dinner. We meet for coffee or go for walks. He's spent in total maybe $10 on me. But then I've spent around $10 on him. I also pay for my own meals in life.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:55 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abundiata View Post
I don't drink and we've not been going out for dinner. We meet for coffee or go for walks. He's spent in total maybe $10 on me. But then I've spent around $10 on him. I also pay for my own meals in life.

That's not dating. You guys are merely acquaintances. By the fifth "date", I know what you look like on the inside.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:00 AM

Quote:
That's not dating. You guys are merely acquaintances. By the fifth "date", I know what you look like on the inside.
Oh, you're one of those....

Last edited by Abundiata; 11-03-2015 at 04:09 AM..

Old 11-03-2015, 04:09 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Oh, you're one of those....
I don't click on links. And I'm hardly one to be categorized as one of "those." Whatever that is...

There are men in the world with conviction. Many more that are sycophants and will "toe your line" all day long. This guy that you're talking about is NOT a wimp. He's just telling you what he wants. Do you want a guy that'll cater to your every whim? Or a man that takes charge?

Your choice, babe.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:17 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,614 times
It sounds like you've already made up your mind OP. I don't see things going any further with someone you've already decided is "weak". That's certainly not a word i'ld use to describe someone I'm enamoured with!

Old 11-03-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
It sounds like you've already made up your mind OP. I don't see things going any further with someone you've already decided is "weak". That's certainly not a word i'ld use to describe someone I'm enamoured with!
This is true!

Old 11-03-2015, 04:33 AM

Quote:
I don't click on links. And I'm hardly one to be categorized as one of "those." Whatever that is...

There are men in the world with conviction. Many more that are sycophants and will "toe your line" all day long. This guy that you're talking about is NOT a wimp. He's just telling you what he wants. Do you want a guy that'll cater to your every whim? Or a man that takes charge?

Your choice, babe.

I didn't post any link. Anyhow, I'd love a man that takes charge. This man does the exact opposite. Which is why I'm going to drop him now.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:34 AM

761 posts, read 832,733 times
Quote:
I'm multi dating. A man I'd been on several dates with seemed to be really taking me for granted. He acted like a relationship with me was a foregone conclusion and that I likely wouldn't have any options beyond him. He never initiated a "talk" about exclusivity and whatnot. He just assumed, wrongly it turns out, I was his for the taking.

Finally the talk came (initiated by me) about whether either of us are dating other people. It's only been about 5 dates. At first he sent this strange passive message that went "I am not concerned about other men. I'm sure you wouldn't do that. I don't feel a need to even discuss these things because I can tell from your behaviour that I don't have any competition. We have clicked and it's so hard to meet people these days."

He said he's not dating anyone else. I told him the truth, I'm seeing other men. He was so surprised. And now he has resorted to simply sending passive-aggressive text messages.

Overally, he is very passive and weak. Will this ever change?
Arnold says: "Get rid of him, he must be a girly man". Is he some sort of a Suzy Creamcheese?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships