Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of couples who sleep apart in their own bedrooms?
It's wrong and I assume their marriage is on the rocks 6 17.65%
I am mixed but if that is there thing, then I guess it's OK 17 50.00%
I like it and see it as a trend in the future 8 23.53%
I strongly encourage all couples to sleep in their own room! 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 10:26 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Discussion View Post
When we moved into our apartment many people who visited asked why we had two bedrooms full of furniture. They could tell we were in separate rooms and acted all strange about it. (I changed the subject.)
I wonder what people would think of our place. Three bedrooms full of furniture, plus a totally comfy couch in the living room.

Frankly, if people "acted strange" about seeing this, I'd wonder what was so boring in their lives that they felt they needed to make any sort of deal about it. The reality for us is that I moved from a 2 bedroom place, and we didn't feel the need to put this stuff in storage when there is a perfectly good place to put it in the house. But, honestly, what business is it to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 12:01 PM

124 posts, read 149,853 times
Interesting! So far about 40% percent of the replies support the idea that couples should sleep in their own bed at night ALONE!

Old 11-05-2015, 12:06 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Interesting! So far about 40% percent of the replies support the idea that couples should sleep in their own bed at night ALONE!
Honestly, does an anonymous internet poll make you feel better about the way you do things?

Old 11-05-2015, 01:34 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,789 times
No ones business. If it ever comes up and someone gets judgy with "That's horrible, don't you two have sex?" Just say "Yes" point to the couch they are sitting on and say, "What do you think that is for?"

Old 11-05-2015, 01:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Well, I didn't vote in the poll because none of the answers rang true for me. You seem to think that people either think it's a bad thing or a good thing. I don't really think that they way that other couples sleep is either bad or good. I don't really think about it at all.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:05 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, I didn't vote in the poll because none of the answers rang true for me. You seem to think that people either think it's a bad thing or a good thing. I don't really think that they way that other couples sleep is either bad or good. I don't really think about it at all.
Yeah, if there was a "whatever works for them" option, it would probably be the most popular. It's not really a thumbs up/thumbs down question.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:24 PM

96 posts, read 87,971 times
My parents slept in separate bedrooms for as long as I can remember. Dad snored so loud you could hear him throughout the whole house. I can't imagine how hard it must have been laying right next to him. Plus Mom said he was a cover snatcher and she was always cold when she slept with him. And Mom was up and down all through the night, waking Dad up when she either got out of bed or got back in it. I grew up hearing pots and pans in the middle of the night when she was rearranging the cupboards or scrubbing on the bottom of the pans, or using the vacuum (yep, she did LOL). Her pots and pans looked like new after she passed and us kids had to go through all their stuff. Dad had passed away before her.

Yet, I can remember numerous times when I walked in on them somewhere in the house being all smoochy so I'm sure the romance hadn't died. It just worked better for both of them to have separate bedrooms.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:24 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Of course it is, is the wife retired now also?
Or maybe she has Soft Skills.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:55 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,947 times
Quote:
My spouse and I sleep in separate bedrooms!

Now that I have said it on City-Data, I can maybe tell my friends and family too! Maybe. But in all honesty I am kind of nervous they will judge me and think our marriage is bad.

Why do we sleep in separate bedrooms:

I don't sleep well with someone in the same bed. (Or even in the same room because we both snore!)

I like to go to bed early and wake up early, my spouse is a night owl.

I like to be messy and have my own room. It's mine!

I like to have a place I can escape to my own computer and televison set.

Take my poll about couples sleeping in their own rooms.

There are way too many "I"s, which isnt' surprising in the scenario you state.

clearly, all of your "I"s leave no room for "we"s. (I know there's no such word, but bear with me).

If you wanted to keep your independent ways, why get married?

Old 11-05-2015, 07:28 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times
The plus side is you have 2 beds to chooses from to have sex lol.

The couple I knew who are sleeping in separate bedrooms don't have a great marriage. If it wasn't for the kids, they'd probably be divorced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships