Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 03:31 PM

248 posts, read 310,384 times

Advertisements

I dated a married woman that was in the process of divorce. We were together for a year and the first 11 months were great. We had a really bad last month which is almost all my fault and she ended up going back to her husband. It was pretty unexpected and caused a domino effect as the husband had a girlfriend also who got the axe.

We gave back keys, items, all that stuff and had a goodbye lunch where we apologized to each other (I did most of the apologizing). We left amiably and I put it out of my mind. A month has passed and she texted me that i am in her heart and she loves me madly but that she is determined to make it work with her husband. It was completely unsolicited. I returned a text that said i feel the same way about her and good luck with your marriage. She continued to text me saying she found a watch of mine and burst into tears and that she loves me very much.

I'm unsure if I should pursue this, if there is something to pursue, if its right to pursue it. And if i do choose to pursue it with what strategy? And what could her motives be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 03:46 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
What did you do in that last month to mess things up?

Old 11-04-2015, 03:51 PM

22,559 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarti View Post
A month has passed and she texted me that i am in her heart and she loves me madly but that she is determined to make it work with her husband.
Leave her alone so she can do just that.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
What did you do in that last month to mess things up?
I drank too much one night and was disrespectful. I ignored her from time to time. A couple other things.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:54 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
It seems pretty clear. Leave her alone.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It seems pretty clear. Leave her alone.
Not clear at all. She texted me these things out of the blue.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:59 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
And?

Block her butt and leave her alone.
She told you she was determined to make it work with her husband

Let her.

Why would you want to get involved with someone so mixed up in the head that she can't tell left from right at the moment?

She is speaking out of both sides of her mouth.

Getting involved with someone like this is asking for trouble

Last edited by rego00123; 11-04-2015 at 04:08 PM..

Old 11-04-2015, 04:00 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Seems like neither one of you is really ready for a healthy relationship.

If you want continued drama, keep interacting with her. She will eventually come back to you temporarily.

If you want to get rid of the drama, block her, don't contact her and figure out the things it takes to have a healthy, drama-free relationship.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:00 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Oh the drama of it all.

Here's what's likely going to happen OP

She's gonna stay married and use you as a fling every once in a while.

These occurences will become less and less until one day they stop.

You assume she worked it out with Husband.

You find out she hooked up with a Plastic Surgeon instead.

All's fair in love and war. Enjoy it or get off the stage.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:01 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Yes. But people backslide. A recovering drunk may fall off the wagon a few times before they sober up for good.

If this lady is determined to work on her marriage, then she should be focused on her husband. Not texting other men. Don't respond to her texts. And if you must, do so to tell her to focus on her marriage, not communicating with you.

I don't think it's wrong to want a relationship. But you need to avoid a relationship with her until she's 100% single. Separated =/= single. As you see. Dating people who are still married causes unneeded extra drama, and complications. When and if a divorce is finalized, then sure, go ahead and date. But she's never going to resolve anything when she's going back and forth between 2 men. Unless you and the husband agree to share her.

This is at best. At worst, she's just stringing you along and wants her husband, while using you as the side guy, and saying things to keep you hooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships