Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 08:00 AM

311 posts, read 292,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisk View Post
I'm 23 and haven't been on any kind of date since July 2014. My biggest problem is that I don't really have any way of meeting women.. I work in a field that is mostly men. I have a few friends I hang out with regularly but I don't meet girls through them. Other than that most of my hobbies are solitary, video games, reading, playing bass etc. I go to concerts sometimes too but rarely talk to people there.
I've tried both Tinder and OKcupid but it is very rare that anyone responds to my messages. Any advice?
Welcome to my world! Maybe we should become hair stylists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 08:08 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
Welcome to my world! Maybe we should become hair stylists?
Quite funny you say that mate LOL.

There a thread about a fella that gets called gay from EVERY woman that he turns down, I think in ^^^ workplace he could and would get called gay

Old 11-09-2015, 12:58 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
OK, here's a big one to get you out of your comfort zone but one of my friends swore it worked for him and he is happily married now and has more friends than he ever did when in high school and college. He took an improv class at the local theater group. The best part is that he can now talk to anyone and he is hilarious and a lot of fun.
I did this too. It helped some, but not to this extent. Salsa classes are next...

Old 11-09-2015, 01:06 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smisk View Post
I guess you're right.. I really know what the problem is, I just keep hoping there will be an easier answer than actually having to make a significant change in my life. I've never been good at getting out of my comfort zone. I'll definitely keep these things in mind though, and look into them.
There's no magic bullet. You have to take charge of your life and do some work to push past your inhibitions and comfort zone comfort.
Well, unless you have a relative who's good at setting people up. Tom Selleck, the actor generally considered to be a sex symbol in his earlier days, never could approach women. He said the only way he met a woman and got married was because friends set him up. Actor Wes Studi ("Geronimo"), met his (now ex-) wife in a theater improv class. That class led him to a highly successful film career, btw.

Good luck, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships