Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 12:48 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times

Advertisements

I think it depends on the situation. My motto is pay attention to how they act once that person leaves. Are they more intimate with you or more distant. If they're more intimate, then there's a good chance that they missed you. If they're more distant, then they realized the relationship is not the right one for them or maybe they messed around on you.

I've made some poor decisions in my past, and every time I did something stupid, I tended to pull back because of guilt or fondly thinking of someone else instead of my partner. It's something that I have a handle on now and don't even mess with. It's just not worth the headache and/or immense guilt I would feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 01:08 PM

769 posts, read 829,526 times
I would say you are worrying about nothing, but if you feel that strongly, suggest you stay over too

Old 11-05-2015, 01:11 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Its just a gf. If you were exclusive, I'd make it non exclusive. Don't make long term plans with this one. She likes to play the field. And make sure you're not funding the going out. Make sure its 50/50. If it isn't, my guess is that you're being played.

And don't go by what the others are saying. Don't buy the words she's speaking. People lie all the time. Go by her actions.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:28 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Get over yourself homie. I mean she told you dude was spending the night, who cares?

Old 11-05-2015, 01:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
The situation seems fine to me. Her friend is coming a long way to help her with her thesis so he's spending the night. And she told you about it. I mean, the thing is, anyone can cheat at any time. But I would think that if she had cheating on her mind - she wouldn't have told you about all of this. She just would have lied. I've had friends come and stay with me before and nothing happened.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:42 PM

565 posts, read 432,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I think it depends on the situation. My motto is pay attention to how they act once that person leaves. Are they more intimate with you or more distant. If they're more intimate, then there's a good chance that they missed you. If they're more distant, then they realized the relationship is not the right one for them or maybe they messed around on you.

I've made some poor decisions in my past, and every time I did something stupid, I tended to pull back because of guilt or fondly thinking of someone else instead of my partner. It's something that I have a handle on now and don't even mess with. It's just not worth the headache and/or immense guilt I would feel.
I don't agree with this approach at all. In many cases of infidelity, the wayward spouse/partner increase intimacy and sex with the betrayed spouse, as to not cause any suspicions. This is one of the red flags to look for when suspecting your significant other of cheating. Sex frequency and intimacy almost always either increases or decreases, but rarely ever stays the same. Learn a little bit about infidelity.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:44 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
The situation seems fine to me. Her friend is coming a long way to help her with her thesis so he's spending the night. And she told you about it. I mean, the thing is, anyone can cheat at any time. But I would think that if she had cheating on her mind - she wouldn't have told you about all of this. She just would have lied. I've had friends come and stay with me before and nothing happened.
Unless that is her MO, to keep the guy she is cheating with in plain sight!

Old 11-05-2015, 02:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
OP if it does bother you that much and you can't trust her this may help

If she has a tree nearby of course Yukon Tracker Night Vision Goggles NV 1 x 24:Amazon.co.uk:Camera & Photo

Old 11-05-2015, 02:34 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
How much trust can be built in 2-3 months into a relationship?

I can understand your worries, OP, but there's nothing you can really do but let this play out.

If it was me, I would have set up some basic boundaries....and a guy coming from out of town sleeping over my gf house for homework isn't going to fly. Please! Lol

Old 11-05-2015, 02:37 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
You can't say you trust someone and then immediately say why you have reason to not trust them...

I would say if this bothers you, it's time to have the talk about what you both feel is appropriate in committed relationships.

Hash it out instead of leaving it unspoken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships